Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap being released
(03-08-2021, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: Lol... He's better than any player on our front 7.

He got released, and a buncha other guys are about to. It's a bit premature to be writing his career epitaph.

Right.

It went sour here and he was having a good season with Seattle before injury.

He ain't dead yet!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Should we try and sign him to a more team friendly deal? 2 years for 17 million with 8 million guaranteed?

I say yes, he was always one of my favorites

No way Jose. I don't see how that would work in any way with what he did and how he acted before he was traded. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dunlap was going to be released no matter what team he was on because of his cap hit. I was thinking that Seattle would bring him back, but now they have to deal with the Russell Wilson drama. 

I know Dunlap won't come back here, and I don't blame him, since we decided to keep Lou and his amazing defensive scheme.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 08:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Carlos is finding out his best days are behind him.
He cannot no longer command top dollar.
Teams that are needing pass rushers are looking.for
Finishers and not just a DEs that can deflect a pass once
In awhile.
He might find a minimum deal from a team
Like the Texans or Colts.
At best he is a situational pass rusher that has length
But no burst

In just 8 games with coaches who know what they are doing Dunlap had 5 sacks, 6 TFL, and 14 QB hits.  He was one of the most productive edge rushers in he league over that stretch.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos bet on himself and lost $4 Mil.

He can take his fragile ego elsewhere

He gave up $2.6 million because he cared more about winning than just drawing a paycheck.  And he got just what he wanted when he proved the Bengal coaches were stupid  while performing very well for a playoff team.

I think we need more guys like him here, not less.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He gave up $2.6 million because he cared more about winning than just drawing a paycheck.  And he got just what he wanted when he proved the Bengal coaches were stupid  while performing very well for a playoff team.

If he cared more about winning than money... why’d he sign with the Bengals? Are you telling me Carlos is dense? Clearly he and Geno signed up for a rebuilding phase, signing when they did...

He doesn’t care about winning, he cares about his stats. Once his role was reduced and he wasn’t bolstering his stats, that is when the problems began to arise.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 03:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he cared more about winning than money... why’d he sign with the Bengals? Are you telling me Carlos is dense? Clearly he and Geno signed up for a rebuilding phase, signing when they did...

We were coming off a 7-9 season when he signed his contract.  The team was not a trainwreck like it is now.

(03-09-2021, 03:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He doesn’t care about winning, he cares about his stats. Once his role was reduced and he wasn’t bolstering his stats, that is when the problems began to arise.

He cares about winning.  The coaches were too stupid to use him properly.
Reply/Quote
Dunlop can jump off the bridge he burned
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He gave up $2.6 million because he cared more about winning than just drawing a paycheck.  And he got just what he wanted when he proved the Bengal coaches were stupid  while performing very well for a playoff team.

He played well on a 2 win team in 2019 and lack of wins didn't seem to be the main issue with him. But once he lost playing time for poor performance suddenly he cared?

You can have all the highly paid selfish players you want; I'll take team first guys. He didn't "give up" anything. He gambled on himself and lost
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He played well on a 2 win team in 2019 and lack of wins didn't seem to be the main issue with him. But once he lost playing time for poor performance suddenly he cared?

You can have all the highly paid selfish players you want; I'll take team first guys. He didn't "give up" anything. He gambled on himself and lost

Did he lose?

He will get paid well in 2021, I have no doubt.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did he lose?

Yep, he restructured a large portion of his 2020 salary to a 2021 roster bonus. He lost that when Seattle cut him.

We'll see if he gets the $14 Mil be bet on.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, he restructured a large portion of his 2020 salary to a 2021 roster bonus. He lost that when Seattle cut him.

We'll see if he gets the $14 Mil be bet on.

He might not get 14 million, but he's undoubtedly made more than that, and he's not tied to the organization with sub par coaches, a bells and whistles plan to bring fans back to games, and a general lack of direction. He spent the second half of last season playing meaningful games and competitive football again. I think he won his bet. He could've stayed here watching from the sidelines while the QB got battered into rehab, and won 4 games I guess...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:15 AM)jason Wrote: He might not get 14 million, but he's undoubtedly made more than that, and he's not tied to the organization with sub par coaches, a bells and whistles plan to bring fans back to games, and a general lack of direction. He spent the second half of last season playing meaningful games and competitive football again. I think he won his bet. He could've stayed here watching from the sidelines while the QB got battered into rehab, and won 4 games I guess...

He could have done all that cool stuff, but bottomline is he cost himself money and that really awesome team that took that money from him cut him. 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did he lose?

He's 32 and coming off a 6 sack year.  With next year's cap situation, he's probably looking at a 1 year $5-7 mil deal.  

Even worse, he still didn't get that playoff win, as Seattle was one and done.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He played well on a 2 win team in 2019 and lack of wins didn't seem to be the main issue with him. But once he lost playing time for poor performance suddenly he cared?

He lost playing time because of poor coaching.  Despite how well he produced in 2019 the defensive coaches still wanted to get rid of him.

Winning coaches who know what they are doing don't have any problems with Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He gambled on himself and lost

Instead of just drawing a check for a losing team with losing coaches.

And he WON by proving he was right and they were wrong.  Money was never the issue for Los.  The Bengals were not taking any of his money when he was yelling at the coaches on the side lines.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead of just drawing a check for a losing team with losing coaches.

And he WON by proving he was right and they were wrong.  Money was never the issue for Los.  The Bengals were not taking any of his money when he was yelling at the coaches on the side lines.

I mean did he win? He was let go by a team that also has a pretty bad defense...if his numbers were so amazing, why didn’t they keep him?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 10:39 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean did he win? He was let go by a team that also has a pretty bad defense...if his numbers were so amazing, why didn’t they keep him?

Cap casualty, not performance. It will happen to a lot of guys. Butler just lost his 14 million for 2021 from the Titans after a good year.

He controls his own destiny which at 32 is huge. He can choose a team that is playoff bound if he desires for less money or I think he can still get paid. He proved with Seattle he was poorly coached and still can play. He was their best defensive player when he arrived with a team of vets like Wright and Wagner.

I see the hatred causing fans to lose all objectivity, Dunlap busted his ass for this team for a very long time, then got pissed when his hard work was not rewarded, I respect him for it and he made our defensive coaches look foolish, one of them was fired (Eason DL coach) and the use of Dunlap may have been one of the major reasons.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: I just keep remembering that the very same Carlos Dunlap who was not used by Anuramo was used and used VERY well by Zim. And really I suspect he will sign with Zim again. 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Zim ends up with Geno and Carlos in the next couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:09 PM)Yogo Wrote: Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Zim ends up with Geno and Carlos in the next couple of weeks.

didnt think the vikings had cap room
Reply/Quote