Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap is playing at a high level
Big Los has ALWAYS been a gamer. How many times have you seen 96 trail a play and make a tackle way downfield when his teammates got torched? A lot. For a guy that had questions about effort coming into the league, I can't recall ever seeing that issue.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:24 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Big Los has ALWAYS been a gamer. How many times have you seen 96 trail a play and make a tackle way downfield when his teammates got torched? A lot. For a guy that had questions about effort coming into the league, I can't recall ever seeing that issue.

I don’t remember anything about his effort, but I know he had an off the field issue in college. Wasn’t it a DUI?

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t remember anything about his effort, but I know he had an off the field issue in college. Wasn’t it a DUI?

Seems we've taught each something today ol buddy. I didn't know anything about any character issues/DUI.

From NFL.com scouting report:

Quote:Dunlap appears to be a highly regarded 4-3 right defensive end but there will be concerns over his character and consistent effort in the 2010 draft.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dunlap is beasting, but has anyone noticed how profound Atkins' regression has been?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 04:31 AM)J24 Wrote: He has done a lot better than Suh, Cox, Heyward and McCoy in his career.  As far as interior pass rushers go he is the third best of this decade behind JJ Watt and Aaron Donald. 
He is a 100% a first ballot Hall of famer.

I think that IF he were a Steeler or Patriot he would be.

I think that outside of Cincy, not many people know how great he is. And he's an even better person than player.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seems we've taught each something today ol buddy. I didn't know anything about any character issues/DUI.

From NFL.com scouting report:

It's a big reason why he was there when we picked him.

Interesting, I follow mock drafts. Michael Johnson was before his last season in college on some mocks as the 1st overall pick in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 04:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great to hear, dude is playing worth his contract now for sure.

Dunlap and Mixon have both been tearing it up recently.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that IF he were a Steeler or Patriot he would be.

I think that outside of Cincy, not many people know how great he is. And he's an even better person than player.

People know it's not the 70s anymore.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 05:32 PM)J24 Wrote: People know it's not the 70s anymore.

Then why did big Whit never get as much recognition here as he should have? It’s harder to ignore WR’s like Chad and AJ, but some of our other good/great players don’t get a lot of attention. Hell, just look at Mixon getting snubbed for the Pro Bowl in a season he led the damn conference in rushing...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 05:32 PM)J24 Wrote: People know it's not the 70s anymore.

The Bengals are the Siberia of the NFL.

This franchise has been around for 51 years and has 1 HOFer. 1! That's all you need to know on Geno.

And while Geno has good stats...they don't jump out at you as obvious HOF material.

And AJ has been injured too much to make the HOF.
Reply/Quote
Chad could make the HOF.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 09:36 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Chad could make the HOF.

Nah

11k yds 67 TD and no rings...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then why did big Whit never get as much recognition here as he should have? It’s harder to ignore WR’s like Chad and AJ, but some of our other good/great players don’t get a lot of attention. Hell, just look at Mixon getting snubbed for the Pro Bowl in a season he led the damn conference in rushing...
Whit is going to the HOF as well. Plus he got plenty of recognition from PFF. Geno also gets plenty of recognition as well from PFF.
(12-17-2019, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals are the Siberia of the NFL.

This franchise has been around for 51 years and has 1 HOFer. 1! That's all you need to know on Geno.

And while Geno has good stats...they don't jump out at you as obvious HOF material.

And AJ has been injured too much to make the HOF.

Yes his numbers do jump out dudes going to be on the All decade team easily. 2nd best 3T this decade. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 09:56 PM)J24 Wrote: Whit is going to the HOF as well. Plus he got plenty of recognition from PFF. Geno also gets plenty of recognition as well from PFF.

Yes his numbers do jump out dudes going to be on the All decade team easily. 2nd best 3T this decade. 

There is absolutely no way multiple Bengals are going into the HoF...

We currently have ONE in Canton. And that’s only because he’s the GOAT at his position. Neither Whit nor Geno were ever the best at their position during their own playing careers, let alone all time.

Reply/Quote
Well, then this happened.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/17/21027215/bengals-news-geno-atkins-2020-pro-bowl-joe-mixon?fbclid=IwAR0JXKajCCwWpgmADcS6jEqfV2s1DlQ0GvBKuEG4nl_yQKcR-lohRGJQlds

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Dalton like a 5th or 6th alternate one year and made it because a bunch of QB's didn't go?

Brandon Wilson should have made it as a returner.
Reply/Quote
PFF showing some love.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-17-pff-senior-analyst-takeaways-2019

Quote:Carlos Dunlap had a career year, and nobody noticed because he played on the Bengals
Aided by playing Cleveland’s disastrous offensive line, Dunlap had his second three-sack performance of the season in the second win the team managed all year. Dunlap will finish the season with the highest grade he has managed since at least 2012, and depending on how the grades are finalized on All-22 review, may have posted the best year of his entire career. His run defense was phenomenal this season, and he has had excellent games of pass rushing, but the second half of the year was one of the best-graded of any edge rusher in the league, he just did it almost completely without notice because the Bengals weren’t winning.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote