Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap - 'making progress' on new deal

Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp 

[Image: carlos-dunlap-code.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Most Bengal extensions don't get done until training camp. That seems to be the ay they work.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most Bengal extensions don't get done until training camp.  That seems to be the ay they work.

Never know. Team seems to be much more aggressive now.

Reply/Quote
Making progress seems to be the new buzzwords these days.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Making progress sounds much better than "we're miles apart".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like it. then next year if need be, we can franchise tag Geno
Reply/Quote
Hey great, now if only Geno would sit and further negotiations. Really though as long as one signs, we have the tag to use. This is good news.
Reply/Quote
He and Atkins need to retire as Bengals. Hopefully with a playoff win on their resume's.

These guys are 1-2 in Bengals history in sacks already.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 02:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Making progress sounds much better than "we're miles apart".

When a football player says "They are miles apart" they literally mean they are miles apart as in each are at home and not sitting across the table from each other.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He and Atkins need to retire as Bengals. Hopefully with a playoff win on their resume's.

These guys are 1-2 in Bengals history in sacks already.

I hope they do.

I can't see us not doing everything in our power to keep them both, but especially Atkins.

We always seem to mess these things up in the past, but let's hope that we're smarter now without Mike Brown running day-to-day operations (per his own words).

Geno is the best DT in the league and it would be a damn shame to see him go without (at least) one playoff win (which we should have already but Jeremy Hill is a mother******).

With our roster this year and new coaches, it should happen.
Reply/Quote
Everyone all sentimental and in their feelings about Dunlap! Fearful the front office might pull an either or with him and Geno.

Get it right for once Bengals and sign them both. We failed Big Whit, Peko, Geathers, Nelson, Hall and so on, but I'd like to see some of the core left from the pre Dalton/Green era get that playoff monkey off their back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I’d be happy with extending Dunlap. I’m just hoping we extend Atkins as well. Have to wonder if he’s waiting for Donald to sign.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Great news, need to have The Kraken and Geno Sackins extended.

These guys both need to retire as Bengals and hopefully with a couple rings. Cool
Reply/Quote