Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap not starting this week
(10-10-2020, 10:02 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He wanted players with class and integrity but doesn't walk the walk himself.

Regardless of how you feel about Dalton and Dunlap, fans gotta admit this team does things in a dysfunctional manner and always has.

Zac fits the model... like a glove.

[Image: giphy.gif]

How so with Andy? He pulled Andy in his office and talked to him personally. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 01:05 AM)McC Wrote: Yes.  And it would be good for the team too.  Put him in the backfield WITH Mixon.  Make defenses figure that out.

Sounds like something the Browns might do.  Probably have to wait until next year in order for it to pass committee and design a few plays.
Whatever
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 04:35 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Who cares.  He's a good player.  If it makes him feel better to *****, let him *****.

What if the whole "benching of Dunlap" was just a stunt, done for dramatic effect?  You know, like in Pro Wresting when they throw the champ over the top rope, and he comes back to win the match. Jerry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 10:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What if the whole "benching of Dunlap" was just a stunt, done for dramatic effect?  You know, like in Pro Wresting when they throw the champ over the top rope, and he comes back to win the match. Jerry

In part, I suspect that is what Zac and Lou are hoping for.  If benching Carlos gives him a swift kick of motivation then it worked.  But, he apparently needs an attitude adjustment as much as he needs to play better.  I'm not so sure how open he is with that.  Following him on social media, I keep getting a feeling his heart is in his restaurant more than it is in football. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: In part, I suspect that is what Zac and Lou are hoping for.  If benching Carlos gives him a swift kick of motivation then it worked.  But, he apparently needs an attitude adjustment as much as he needs to play better.  I'm not so sure how open he is with that.  Following him on social media, I keep getting a feeling his heart is in his restaurant more than it is in football. 

It always seemed, to me, that Willie Anderson pimped his Fat Burger franchise every chance he got, but he was never accused of being distracted because of it.  You can put your heart into multiple things at the same time...
Reply/Quote
Being a team player mean swallowing one’s ego and playing whatever role the coaches give you. That’s the secret in New England. Bill Belichick gives the players a role which each individual executes to perfection. The Patriots’ playbook on both offense and defense may look very vanilla to the naked eye but each player is doing exactly what their job requires on each play.

I’m not upset with Carlos Dunlap. He’s an emotional guy and he loves the game. That’s a good thing for a defense end to be because it helps him play with passion and energy. With that said, starting is not the big deal it used to be in the NFL. I don’t think Mike Zimmer ever used the same starting front four twice! What Zimmer did and what I hope Lou Anarumo is doing is starting the correct defensive linemen and rotating the personnel throughout the game to keep the defensive line fresh.

The Bengals are light years from being the Patriots but I see a slow change from traditional starting lineups to a roster filled with specific role players.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 11:19 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: It always seemed, to me, that Willie Anderson pimped his Fat Burger franchise every chance he got, but he was never accused of being distracted because of it.  You can put your heart into multiple things at the same time...

I get that but there is a different level of enthusiasm when he talks about the restaurant that goes past shear promotion.  Like I said, it was my impression.  I've followed him for a long time now...you can sense the shift

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 01:05 AM)McC Wrote: Yes.  And it would be good for the team too.  Put him in the backfield WITH Mixon.  Make defenses figure that out.

This is what I have been talking about for some time. Put both Gio and Mixon in the backfield at the same time.

At least for a few plays a game, come on. This would be an incredibly unpredictable set.
Reply/Quote