Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dupree & Williams admit to trying to "exact revenge" for Shazier injury
(10-11-2018, 07:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope to see a clean game. We have too much to lose if players get hurt. As much as I want our guys to get revenge on the Burfict hit, it would not be wise and will only effect the team going forward and possibly cost us games.

I agree.  My ideal scenario would be to go into Shatsburgh with the division and our seeding locked in.....move as many starters as possible to inactive, call up the entire practice squad, and goon them with hatchet men just like the NHL.  That would be so sweet.

As for this particular game.....keep cool and just win baby.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....believe it was Malone, but I could be mistaken.

You are correct, sir!  I remember now.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.  My ideal scenario would be to go into Shatsburgh with the division and our seeding locked in.....move as many starters as possible to inactive, call up the entire practice squad, and goon them with hatchet men just like the NHL.  That would be so sweet.

I don't think any Bengals will try to assbag them.  Even Burfict.  I think they have to know (how could you not?) that if they play their best and win the game, they could end up on top of the entire AFC after 6 weeks should the Pats knock off KC Sunday evening.

Not only that, but the steelers would likely start to further implode, only to be followed up by the Bell issue on the horizon.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 07:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope to see a clean game. We have too much to lose if players get hurt. As much as I want our guys to get revenge on the Burfict hit, it would not be wise and will only effect the team going forward and possibly cost us games.

The best revenge would be to end their season, and send Piggy to the retirement home where he can assault the nursing staff.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't think any Bengals will try to assbag them.  Even Burfict.  I think they have to know (how could you not?) that if they play their best and win the game, they could end up on top of the entire AFC after 6 weeks should the Pats knock off KC Sunday evening.

Not only that, but the steelers would likely start to further implode, only to be followed up by the Bell issue on the horizon.

I don't either.....and sincerely hope they don't.  In fact, I'd like to see the whole damn shit show retired and turned into something more resembling our games with the Ravens.  Hard fought, hard hitting, and CLEAN.  Real football.  In my opinion, the onus is on them to do so.....I remember us getting shoved around in this series, and people complaining about us being too complacent about it.  Now, we've retaliated, and we have some fans complaining about us doing so.  I think we got our point across.....time to go back to taking the high road and MAKE the league do their part if the Stoolers keep up the Clown Show.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.  My ideal scenario would be to go into Shatsburgh with the division and our seeding locked in.....move as many starters as possible to inactive, call up the entire practice squad, and goon them with hatchet men just like the NHL.  That would be so sweet.

I hate to say this. But that was exactly my thoughts this morning when making my previous response to this thread.  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hate to say this. But that was exactly my thoughts this morning when making my previous response to this thread.  Nervous

Great minds think alike my brother! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't either.....and sincerely hope they don't.  In fact, I'd like to see the whole damn shit show retired and turned into something more resembling our games with the Ravens.  Hard fought, hard hitting, and CLEAN.  Real football.  In my opinion, the onus is on them to do so.....I remember us getting shoved around in this series, and people complaining about us being too complacent about it.  Now, we've retaliated, and we have some fans complaining about us doing so.  I think we got our point across.....time to go back to taking the high road and MAKE the league do their part if the Stoolers keep up the Clown Show.

How bad of a dog would I be if I couldn't let go of the hate for this team? At 4-1, I want a clean game. If we were 1-4, I would want revenge and take them out of contention for the rest of their season.

REDRUM - REDRUM. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: https://twitter.com/WillGravesAP/status/1050109239895752705

"Talking to Bud Dupree today about returning to Cincy after the weirdness/tragicness/awfulness of last visit, he shared this: said he and Vince W weren't sure how Shazier was hurt. Thought he was hit blindside. Spent rest of 1H trying to exact revenge. Didn't see replay till half."

Dude put his head into someones butt and broke himself.... no one to blame but his shitty tackling technique
Reply/Quote
This has to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. How in the truck can someone think a player intentionally hurt Shazier on that particular play? I mean, seriously. He hit Malone, with another steeler defender coming in shortly after. I am at a loss of words for this, tbh. Look at that play again. It makes 0 sense for the team to think someone intentionally hurt Ryan on that play.

They're trying to get in the Bengals head.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Why isn't this all over NFL.com - with the league announcing upcoming fines for those players?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: https://twitter.com/WillGravesAP/status/1050109239895752705

"Talking to Bud Dupree today about returning to Cincy after the weirdness/tragicness/awfulness of last visit, he shared this: said he and Vince W weren't sure how Shazier was hurt. Thought he was hit blindside. Spent rest of 1H trying to exact revenge. Didn't see replay till half."

This is probably their attempt to get into the Bengals heads before the game.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: How bad of a dog would I be if I couldn't let go of the hate for this team? At 4-1, I want a clean game. If we were 1-4, I would want revenge and take them out of contention for the rest of their season.

REDRUM - REDRUM. Hilarious

Hmm If we were 1-4?  I'd prolly be down with that. LMAO

I'll never let go of the disdain for the Stoolers......I'm just tired of suspensions and injuries.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't either.....and sincerely hope they don't.  In fact, I'd like to see the whole damn shit show retired and turned into something more resembling our games with the Ravens.  Hard fought, hard hitting, and CLEAN.  Real football.  In my opinion, the onus is on them to do so.....I remember us getting shoved around in this series, and people complaining about us being too complacent about it.  Now, we've retaliated, and we have some fans complaining about us doing so.  I think we got our point across.....time to go back to taking the high road and MAKE the league do their part if the Stoolers keep up the Clown Show.

Agree.  For me. the game comes down to two factors, one which this team DOES have control of:

1.  Not responding to the 'button pushing' that will go on.

2.  Unbiased officiating.
Reply/Quote
They draft some dumb-**** idiots over there in Pittsburgh.

Anyone with two working eyes and a functioning brain could see that Shazier hurt himself.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Contact the commissioner and the NFLPA. Don’t just ***** about it here. Demand that they do something about it.

roger.goodell2@nfl.net

https://www.nflpa.com/contact-us
Reply/Quote
We have seen this playout too many times.

Be prepared for a lot of holding by Steeler o line not being called and some cynical hits by Steelers with no flags.

Smiley face Hines Ward ruined the career of Keith Rivers. Of all the cheap shots they have taken against the Bengals, that is the one I will always remember.
Reply/Quote
We are in their heads.

They feel that we (Burfict specifically) took a legitimate SB shot away from them by hurting Bell.

Irrespective of how Shazier got hurt, they felt that we did it to him.

Their recent talk is out of fear of retaliation for Juju's cheap shot on Burfict.

They are saying if you retaliate, we will react three times worse.

We are in their heads!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 10:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This has to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. How in the truck can someone think a player intentionally hurt Shazier on that particular play? I mean, seriously. He hit Malone, with another steeler defender coming in shortly after. I am at a loss of words for this, tbh. Look at that play again. It makes 0 sense for the team to think someone intentionally hurt Ryan on that play.

They're trying to get in the Bengals head.
The way I read it they thought a Bengal caused the injury until they saw a replay of it at halftime and then saw that it was, in fact, Shazier's fault. Doesn't excuse them for trying to get revenge before that time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 11:32 AM)BengalRed Wrote: The way I read it they thought a Bengal caused the injury until they saw a replay of it at halftime and then saw that it was, in fact, Shazier's fault. Doesn't excuse them for trying to get revenge before that time. 

How can they think a Bengal hurt him tho? That is the dumbest part of all this. There literally wasn't a player around for 5-7 yards, and that was Gio in the flat. How in the duck did they think someone intentionally hurt him?

There's 53 players, however many practice squad player, coaches, etc. And they found out at HT? Again, it's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote