Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dupree & Williams admit to trying to "exact revenge" for Shazier injury
(10-11-2018, 02:57 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think it does. Ask Shazier how that hit on Bernard is working out for him now.

Well with Shazier constantly lowering his head like an idiotic punk, that was bound to happen eventually. But as a whole, that putrid Pittsburgh organization leads the league in super bowl wins and is a perennial super bowl contender. The least deserving franchise of that amount success in sports history. Where's our karma?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 05:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well with Shazier constantly lowering his head like an idiotic punk, that was bound to happen eventually. But as a whole, that putrid Pittsburgh organization leads the league in super bowl wins and is a perennial super bowl contender. The least deserving franchise of that amount success in sports history. Where's our karma?

Make a Squealer mad and point this out to them ...

[Image: the-gu-stands-for-greatness-the-greatest...884527.png] 
[Image: icon-facebook-white.png?v=19dcccc5b2a436...6c0040e55d]
[Image: icon-twitter-white.png?v=9a9906f18fc74b5...fca72a64d1]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, I am of the opinion that if you really want to hurt the Steelers, the team and the fans, just win. Can we just do that? Screw the rest. Just win.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 06:39 PM)yang Wrote: Well, I am of the opinion that if you really want to hurt the Steelers, the team and the fans, just win.   Can we just do that?  Screw the rest. Just win.

Agreed. That's all we have to do. As Gramps says, No Shenanigans. Just win the game.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 05:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well with Shazier constantly lowering his head like an idiotic punk, that was bound to happen eventually. But as a whole, that putrid Pittsburgh organization leads the league in super bowl wins and is a perennial super bowl contender. The least deserving franchise of that amount success in sports history. Where's our karma?

Pitt is one of the main contributors to the NFL losing fans. If you look at a lot of the BS rules over the years they are a direct result of how that team plays. Unfortunately most of those now illegal plays came at our expense. I know the rules are tryin to make the game safer but most importantly to the league less lawsuits against the NFL by former players. But some of this has gone way too far and it seems to always be the result of the way that team plays. Yet they don't get called for most of targeting they do, and don't get me started with their OL holds. After the dirty hit on Palmer in the playoffs, rule change. The hit on Huber, rule change. The hit on Bernard, and then Kroft by Shazier, yup rule change. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more but it's all going to shit thanks to that shitty franchise. I'm willing to bet Burfict get ejected before halftime. Just hope he makes it worth while.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 09:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't either.....and sincerely hope they don't.  In fact, I'd like to see the whole damn shit show retired and turned into something more resembling our games with the Ravens.  Hard fought, hard hitting, and CLEAN.  Real football.  In my opinion, the onus is on them to do so.....I remember us getting shoved around in this series, and people complaining about us being too complacent about it.  Now, we've retaliated, and we have some fans complaining about us doing so.  I think we got our point across.....time to go back to taking the high road and MAKE the league do their part if the Stoolers keep up the Clown Show.

Although I am in complete agreement with your post, this will never happen.

When Burfict takes LeVeon Bell down with a completely legitimate tackle right in front of their own bench and Bell gets injured, the NFL loses its mind.  When pissburgh does what Shazier did to Gio, or anything else like that it is just "steeler football".

It is no different than when Palmer gets his knee taken out by a Patriot at the end of the season, nothing is done.  The same thing happens to Tom Brady (at the very beginning of the next season) and a new rule is created.  

It simply doesn't matter when you are a small market team with minimal star power.  Look at how the Browns have been rectaled all season long by the officials.  And that team is pretty fun to watch with Mayfield.  People in Cleveland and super pumped (and rightfully so) and the NFL seems to be doing everything in their power to screw them at every turn.

Makes me sick.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 10:19 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree.  For me. the game comes down to two factors, one which this team DOES have control of:

1.  Not responding to the 'button pushing' that will go on.

2.  Unbiased officiating.

Yeah, and in the immortal words of Mike Myers, "and monkeys might fly out of my butt"
Reply/Quote
 Unbiased officiating is the responsibility of the Brown family for the Bengals.

It is what Championship teams get and demand. (The Super Bowl franchises are treated more than fair and it makes a difference.)

It is a job that they should take seriously. Not sure if they do?

They shouldn't have to worry about it but ,unfortunately they need to make this part of their ongoing organizational duties.

No one else can do it. Not the coaches. Only the Brown Family.

Want to be World Champs? Better start doing it.

Who Dey!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Im so sick of that hyprocrite organization and fanbase, they cry and cry that vontaze is dirty. And they dove at burficts knees trying to reinjure him. But what if we acted like that when eifert went down with the ankle and cried and moaned and said thattackle was dirty. Its pathetic how they act. Really vontaze plays on the edge and rough,but i really dont see him as dirty. He doesnt head hunt like steeler players,the worst hes done was a little ankle twist at the end of a tackle, but really that wasnt even all that bad,they act like he was realky trying to break ankles like wwe.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 07:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Although I am in complete agreement with your post, this will never happen.

When Burfict takes LeVeon Bell down with a completely legitimate tackle right in front of their own bench and Bell gets injured, the NFL loses its mind.  When pissburgh does what Shazier did to Gio, or anything else like that it is just "steeler football".

It is no different than when Palmer gets his knee taken out by a Patriot at the end of the season, nothing is done.  The same thing happens to Tom Brady (at the very beginning of the next season) and a new rule is created.  

It simply doesn't matter when you are a small market team with minimal star power.  Look at how the Browns have been rectaled all season long by the officials.  And that team is pretty fun to watch with Mayfield.  People in Cleveland and super pumped (and rightfully so) and the NFL seems to be doing everything in their power to screw them at every turn.

Makes me sick.

The only positive I can point to, is that Pittsburgh is getting flagged this year. Might be a big reason for their slow start. That said, this doesn't mean our game (which is CRUCIAL to the Steelers) will be called fairly. I'm sure the league would hate to see the Steelers with a losing record and pretty much buried in the AFCN after only 6 weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
.....and to think, the league has let this go on since 1978. Ridiculous.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 11:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only positive I can point to, is that Pittsburgh is getting flagged this year. Might be a big reason for their slow start. That said, this doesn't mean our game (which is CRUCIAL to the Steelers) will be called fairly. I'm sure the league would hate to see the Steelers with a losing record and pretty much buried in the AFCN after only 6 weeks.

What a great story it would make to see the Bengals finally overcome the decades worth of failure, and win it all this year. It would be good for the league, and the fans of other teams who have struggled for years upon years too. Adding validity to hope. It's time for a Cinderella story to emanate from Cincinnati. 

Hey, a fella can dream, can't he?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:40 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What a great story it would make to see the Bengals finally overcome the decades worth of failure, and win it all this year. It would be good for the league, and the fans of other teams who have struggled for years upon years too. Adding validity to hope. It's time for a Cinderella story to emanate from Cincinnati. 

I was just daydreaming about a Who-Dey vs Who-Dat super bowl. 

Now how awesome would that be?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:40 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What a great story it would make to see the Bengals finally overcome the decades worth of failure, and win it all this year.

They are writing the story right now. Wink

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:40 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What a great story it would make to see the Bengals finally overcome the decades worth of failure, and win it all this year. It would be good for the league, and the fans of other teams who have struggled for years upon years too. Adding validity to hope. It's time for a Cinderella story to emanate from Cincinnati. 

Well, Philly did win last year...against the Pats, so...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 07:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is no different than when Palmer gets his knee taken out by a Patriot at the end of the season, nothing is done.  The same thing happens to Tom Brady (at the very beginning of the next season) and a new rule is created.  

????
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: ????

It was his first season as a starter, 2004, in week 14, a New England Patriot went low and nailed his knee ending his season.  
Reply/Quote