Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Smith Chris Rock
(03-30-2022, 01:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Imagine Will and Chris having an after dinner conversation, perhaps while enjoying some delicious beverages or indulging in some altering substances.  Will asks, "How's things going in controversial comedy these days?"  Rock says "Get real, ticket prices are falling and the audiences are getting smaller".  Will, "Yeah, the Ho sympathizer business is moving pretty slow these days, too."  Rock, "Hey, I got an idea...

More like the Academy Awards producers are sitting in the board room knowing last years ratings sucked, (and this year was the 2nd lowest viewer audience ever) and asking themselves "What can we do to make people want to watch next year to see what happens?" The one says, "Hey what if one of the nominees slaps the host for an off color joke?" Now the whole world is talking about it. About the only way I'll believe it wasn't staged is if they strip Smith of his Oscar and he gets arrested. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 12:34 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Alright now quit playing devils advocate and act like a real lawyer not a joke lawyer.

WTH are you talking about? You don't think that "He returned to the same place in the same room where he launched the last assault" isn't removing the threat? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As this drags on the sillier it gets. There were reports that the Academy asked Will to leave and he said "No"....really! That's all it takes? Now there are reports that he was never asked to leave they were just "discussing it".

I'm glad to see overwhelming condemnation for Smith's actions. I've always enjoyed Shannon Sharpe and I think he may have said it better than anyone:

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As this drags on the sillier it gets. There were reports that the Academy asked Will to leave and he said "No"....really! That's all it takes? Now there are reports that he was never asked to leave they were just "discussing it".

I'm glad to see overwhelming condemnation for Smith's actions. I've always enjoyed Shannon Sharpe and I think he may have said it better than anyone:

Agree, I really like Shannon Sharpe. He mentioned elegance and these people are high and mighty, the elites. Will was offended enough to just walk up and smack someone over a joke. I think Smith is lucky, not only for not being arrested then and there but for what Rock could have done. I wouldn't expect Chris to "whoop Will Smith's ass" as Shannon puts it, but he could have thrown some daggers at Will and Jada regarding the affair. He probably will, at some point. 
Reply/Quote
I originally wondered why Will Smith hit him with an open hand but then I remembered paper beats Rock.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 05:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I originally wondered why Will Smith hit him with an open hand but then I remembered paper beats Rock.

HAHA  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 12:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have 0 idea how Rock felt. 

Yes I do.  He never asked for Smith to be removed.  He never attempted to flee from Smith.   He never pressed any criminal charges.

He clearly did not feel threatened.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 02:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agree, I really like Shannon Sharpe. He mentioned elegance and these people are high and mighty, the elites. Will was offended enough to just walk up and smack someone over a joke. I think Smith is lucky, not only for not being arrested then and there but for what Rock could have done. I wouldn't expect Chris to "whoop Will Smith's ass" as Shannon puts it, but he could have thrown some daggers at Will and Jada regarding the affair. He probably will, at some point. 

And probably will do in his coming appearances. His comedic references to that event in the future will be much more punishing that the slap itself. Plus, Will Smith actually boosted Rocks career (not like it needed it) because people will flock to his shows expecting him to speak about it. I used to like Will Smith and his acting. Specially Bagger Vance and Independence Day. Now, he's just a douchebag. 

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 05:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I do.  He never asked for Smith to be removed.  He never attempted to flee from Smith.   He never pressed any criminal charges.

He clearly did not feel threatened.

Are you really that obtuse? I hope you're never hired to litigate in a domestic violence case.

Just because someone doesn't do any of those things you mentioned; doesn't mean he/she does not feel threatened. Luckily there are adults in the world. You have 0 idea how Rock felt; you just know what overt actions he took.

Reply/Quote