Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reacher - Amazon
Any Jack Reacher fans check this series out? I've watched a few and it's not half bad. I never did watch any of the Tom Cruise movies or read any of the books but I think now I might order some of the books and check them out.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 05:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Any Jack Reacher fans check this series out?  I've watched a few and it's not half bad.  I never did watch any of the Tom Cruise movies or read any of the books but I think now I might order some of the books and check them out.

You have to start the books with KILLING FLOOR it is the first.  

I own all the books and am reading THE SENTiNEL right now.

Lee Child does a great job with the wandering x military cop who hitch hikes his 6-5 250 pounds of muscle around the country, with just a tooth bush as his only possession.  Reacher does love them blues as we see in KILLING FLOOR

DVRing right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 09:29 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: You have to start the books with KILLING FLOOR it is the first.  

I own all the books and am reading THE SENTiNEL right now.

Lee Child does a great job with the wandering x military cop who hijacks his 6-5 250 pounds of muscle around the country, with just a tooth bush as his only possession.  Reacher does love them blues as we see in KILLING FLOOR

DVRing right now.

This first season is based on the killing floor so that’s good to know (it says so in credits). Im def gonna order the first book.

Since there’s 25 or so books are the stories linked? Or is each book it’s own independent thing?
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 09:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: This first season is based on the killing floor so that’s good to know (it says so in credits). Im def gonna order the first book.

Since there’s 25 or so books are the stories linked?  Or is each book it’s own independent thing?

Here it gets a little funky...

Killing Floor ....is a song bluesman Skip James recorded in 1930, Actually.....Hard Time Killing Floor.....and it is a classic.  But has nothing to do with the story, but......Reacher is in Georgia and decides to do some detective work on just what did happen to old time blues man Blind Blake (real person) who simply disappears a legit blues mystery. But.....he gets off into another adventure.

The stories are independent of each other but do prefer in order if possible.

All through the stories you are  reminded....big bad dude here....so when little Tom Cruise shows up, hahaha!!!!
Reply/Quote
Reacher is suppose to be like 6'5" but Cruise is like a 5'8" there. But still great movies!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 05:54 AM)JPPT1974 Wrote: Reacher is suppose to be like 6'5" but Cruise is like a 5'8" there. But still great movies!

I went ahead and watched the first Tom Cruise Reacher.  While i was entertained, the series blows this movie out of the water.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: I went ahead and watched the first Tom Cruise Reacher.  While i was entertained, the series blows this movie out of the water.

well it should amazon has all the money it could want to put behind any project...   Im actually surprised at some of the series they are doing and the amount they invest. when most people order prime just for free shipping anyways.
Reply/Quote
I’m like 6 episodes in. I’m a fan. I feel bad not watching the Olympics. But womens snow boarding was not super fun to watch last night so I went back to the series.
Reply/Quote
This is Blind Blake who first recorded in 1926, he is considered to be one the top 5/6 old blues cat vs talking prewar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K13nUaeFDNk&ab_channel=RagtimeDorianHenry

Nobody knows how he died, he simply vanished.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad OP made his post or I'd have overlooked this show. It's great and I recommend checking it out. It has a good balance of action, humor, suspense, and character development.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ve read most of the books. While I enjoyed the 2 movies released so far, cruise isn’t reacher. He acted the role well, don’t get me wrong. He just doesn’t match the book character.

I really enjoyed this series and I am looking forward to the next one. My wife enjoyed it too and she hasn’t read one of the books. She did find his character a little to “literal” in his speech.

As a side note, I found the flash backs to when they were young kind of humorous. He didn’t look as intimidating back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote