Reply/Quote
Nope. We have our backup in Allen.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’d pick him up as a lottery ticket. We don’t know if Burrow will be ready week one next year. Let’s try to make Haskins look good in preseason and start him next year early on if Joe isn’t ready. Never know, maybe he plays well and we can trade him at the deadline to a QB needy team mid season for a decent draft pick
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think it would be a GREAT addition.

First off, he would be a solid backup or even third string QB, but we could also bring him in to give Burrow a breather, as well as give defenses something else to prepare for, like the Saints do with Tayson Hill. I'm not saying that he's automatically a good runner just because he's black, but he's mobile, a good runner, will give up his body for extra yards, and can also throw on the run.

It would be nice to be able to give Burrow some plays off, like I said, especially in his first few games back, and I think it would just be a nice addition to strengthen our ability to do different things and make it harder to game plan for us.
Reply/Quote
If he's willing to take the game seriously, then I wouldn't mind giving him a look, but he needs to focus on being a player and not being a brand right now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:14 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Worth looking at as a backup?

No.  he couldn't even beat Ohio State!  come on!
Reply/Quote
I'm game with him replacing Finley, but he would really have to earn his way in front of Allen. And he would have to be willing to sign at league minimum since he would be the third string.
Reply/Quote
I don't think so. He was/is the perfect example of a college QB that looked terrific due to being on an overwhelmingly talented team, but does not possess the talent and refinement of skills that it takes to be a successful QB in the pros.

In other words, he was a system guy. And now, in light of recent revelations leading to his early demise with his team that drafted him, it's also quite apparent that he has some adult maturation issues to work out, in addition to the football things.

I hate to say it like this but, many of us OSU followers told people that he was fool's gold.

Edit: Not totally shitting on the guy, he does have some physical talents that could be developed. However, I feel like he might need a heavy handed coaching system to keep him in line and focused, while that development happens. I don't see our current coaching staff having things that nailed down, in order to be able to take on a project of that scope.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Anyone that called Dunlap a “cancer” better not be advocating to bring Haskins here. Kid seems like an absolute POS. He literally put his coach’s life at risk (multiple times) by not following covid protocols.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 03:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think so.  He was/is the perfect example of a college QB that looked terrific due to being on an overwhelmingly talented team, but does not possess the talent and refinement of skills that it takes to be a successful QB in the pros.

In other words, he was a system guy.  And now, in light of recent revelations leading to his early demise with his team that drafted him, it's also quite apparent that he has some adult maturation issues to work out, in addition to the football things.

I hate to say it like this but, many of us OSU followers told people that he was fool's gold.

Edit:  Not totally shitting on the guy, he does have some physical talents that could be developed.  However, I feel like he might need a heavy handed coaching system to keep him in line and focused, while that development happens.  I don't see our current coaching staff having things that nailed down, in order to be able to take on a project of that scope.

Myself and most of the Buckeyes fans I know all said he needed another year, BAD. Now I'm not even sure that would have helped ? And I think your second sentence sums him up.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:14 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Worth looking at as a backup?

Someone might give him a second chance but I hope it's not us.
Reply/Quote
Dwayne Haskins is _____________

A) Not an NFL level QB.

B) A First round version of Ryan Finley

C) Utter garbage

D) All of the above.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 04:02 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Nope. We have our backup in Allen.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

they could talk about all the fun times they had together at tOSU
Reply/Quote
Nope.
Reply/Quote
Just signed by the Steelers
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 12:50 AM)NativeTheory Wrote: Just signed by the Steelers

Good.
Haskins has a 74.4 career QB Rating. That's lower than Brandon Allen, who I would never want to actually start other than an emergency QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote