Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where’s the poll?

Haskins. Only if Dalton is traded.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 12:47 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Where’s the poll?

Haskins. Only if Dalton is traded.

You were supposed to watch the video.

Even though this is a troll post I'm perfectly okay with actual analysis and opinions.

I think Murray is way too small to compete in the NFL especially with a MLB career in front of him as well.

Haskins, I just don't think he'll be any good in the NFL although there's obviously a lot of OSU guys here that will beg to differ.
Reply/Quote
Lol. That's pretty rich. You forgot Drew Lock, wtf?!?! 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 05:46 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Lol. That's pretty rich. You forgot Drew Lock, wtf?!?! 

Drew Lock? I watched that guy play in several games and he doesn't impress me.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 02:06 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You were supposed to watch the video.

Even though this is a troll post I'm perfectly okay with actual analysis and opinions.

I think Murray is way too small to compete in the NFL especially with a MLB career in front of him as well.

Haskins, I just don't think he'll be any good in the NFL although there's obviously a lot of OSU guys here that will beg to differ.

I did watch the video. It was funny, I love that song.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 06:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote:

I guess he went to Wossamotta U Divinity School.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well one is going #1 overall and the other is going late 2-early 3
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 01:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well one is going #1 overall and the other is going late 2-early 3

Haskins isn't going 1 and Murray is going late 1st top of the 2nd. This will be one of the rare years where a defender goes #1, while most people think it is Bosa I actually believe Quinnen Williams will be in play for #1 Overall. I don't believe teams view Haskins as the QB you give away a bunch of assets to go up to 1 to get. As for Murray I stand by what I have said all along a team will take a chance on him, probably similar to Jackson last year where someone comes back into the 1st to get him (or maybe just one of the teams at the end of the 1st). He is only going to get drafted by a team he wants to be drafted by so watching his visits in the draft process will say a lot about where he most likely ends up.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: Haskins isn't going 1 and Murray is going late 1st top of the 2nd. This will be one of the rare years where a defender goes #1, while most people think it is Bosa I actually believe Quinnen Williams will be in play for #1 Overall. I don't believe teams view Haskins as the QB you give away a bunch of assets to go up to 1 to get. As for Murray I stand by what I have said all along a team will take a chance on him, probably similar to Jackson last year where someone comes back into the 1st to get him (or maybe just one of the teams at the end of the 1st). He is only going to get drafted by a team he wants to be drafted by so watching his visits in the draft process will say a lot about where he most likely ends up.
Haskins is a elite prospect, much better than trubisky when .he came out and u saw what the bears gave up for him.  I see no way Williams goes over Haskins. Or boss for that matter. Clear cut qb1. Would have been qb3 last year. And. That's only due to lack of starts. Dude will be a top 5 qb in the league in short order. Amazing what Haskins was able to do being handicapped by the system.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 10:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Haskins is a elite prospect, much better than trubisky when .he came out and u saw what the bears gave up for him.  I see no way Williams goes over Haskins. Or boss for that matter. Clear cut qb1. Would have been qb3 last year. And. That's only due to lack of starts. Dude will be a top 5 qb in the league in short order. Amazing what Haskins was able to do being handicapped by the system.

To say you see no way is kind of disingenuous, I see the way and it's pretty simple, Cardinals want a defender and if they slide back to 4 or 5 for instance they don't get one of the best two in the draft. You lose me with "handicapped by the system". He had a good year but the system didn't make him hurry throws under pressure. The system didn't make him disregard his footwork at times and "upper body" it down field resulting in inaccuracies. He left YAC on the field at times because of the inaccuracies (high and behind) and that wasn't the systems fault. 

I'd bet his grade will be similar to Trubisky, possibly slightly higher, but I think what he is contending with is two defenders who could be all pro year 1. He's a good QB no doubt, but your praise of him is a little bit over the top. In the last 5 years I would have had him about the 7th or 8th best QB to come out.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 10:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: To say you see no way is kind of disingenuous, I see the way and it's pretty simple, Cardinals want a defender and if they slide back to 4 or 5 for instance they don't get one of the best two in the draft. You lose me with "handicapped by the system". He had a good year but the system didn't make him hurry throws under pressure. The system didn't make him disregard his footwork at times and "upper body" it down field resulting in inaccuracies. He left YAC on the field at times because of the inaccuracies (high and behind) and that wasn't the systems fault. 

I'd bet his grade will be similar to Trubisky, possibly slightly higher, but I think what he is contending with is two defenders who could be all pro year 1. He's a good QB no doubt, but your praise of him is a little bit over the top. In the last 5 years I would have had him about the 7th or 8th best QB to come out.
The only thing I would say in disagreement is that Airizona needs a lot of parts and teams who don't have a franchise QB are (like people in the friend zone) and they will do crazy stuff to get a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 02:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The only thing I would say in disagreement is that Airizona needs a lot of parts and teams who don't have a franchise QB are (like people in the friend zone) and they will do crazy stuff to get a QB.

Sure, but that is nothing new. The Browns stayed put at 1 for Garrett just a few years ago because he was believed to be the best player. There were reported suitors for the pick but they wanted their guy. I think the Cardinals could fall in love with Bosa or Williams and not want to miss out on him.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 02:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The only thing I would say in disagreement is that Airizona needs a lot of parts and teams who don't have a franchise QB are (like people in the friend zone) and they will do crazy stuff to get a QB.

The Cardinals took Josh Rosen at #10 last year.  They aren't giving up on him this soon, especially after hiring an offensive minded coach in Kingsbury to try and develop him.  
Reply/Quote
Depends on what you want. If you want safe you take Haskins. If you want a possible super star you take Murray.
Reply/Quote
I'm actually more inclined to say neither and go with Will Grier, assuming he falls to the 2nd round pick. Grier has more experience, is rather accurate, he can throw receivers open, and he throws a nice deep ball. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but his accuracy allows his deep passes to be accurate. He seems to have a better arm than Dalton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 11:41 AM)MentalRage Wrote: Depends on what you want. If you want safe you take Haskins. If you want a possible super star you take Murray.

Disagree on Haskins being "safe." Haskins only had a year of experience and looked to have issues when facing pressure. There's risk there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 12:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm actually more inclined to say neither and go with Will Grier, assuming he falls to the 2nd round pick. Grier has more experience, is rather accurate, he can throw receivers open, and he throws a nice deep ball. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but his accuracy allows his deep passes to be accurate. He seems to have a better arm than Dalton.

I am not a Grier fan. As I have started watching him I think he ends up as a round 3 or 4 guy. I'd like to see some of his Senior Bowl tape to get a better idea.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Disagree on Haskins being "safe." Haskins only had a year of experience and looked to have issues when facing pressure. There's risk there.

I think every QB has issues when facing a lot of pressure, more so than people want to admit. 

The question is can he make the right decisions under pressure ? Throwing the ball away when needed vs. chucking it into coverage ? Running when the receivers are covered in man instead of hesitating ? Feeling pressure that isn't there ?

I think he has "it" we'll find out soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 01:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think every QB has issues when facing a lot of pressure, more so than people want to admit. 

The question is can he make the right decisions under pressure ? Throwing the ball away when needed vs. chucking it into coverage ? Running when the receivers are covered in man instead of hesitating ? Feeling pressure that isn't there ?

I think he has "it" we'll find out soon enough.

His mechanics broke down under pressure at times, which isn't uncommon. The second half of the Washington game they started to get a little pressure on him and his accuracy suffered, it wasn't the first time this year it happened. I think that is fixable, it's not a decision making problem it is mechanics and mechanics are easier to fix than bad decision making as weird as that sounds. 
Reply/Quote