Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E. Sanders
The Saints are set to cut Emmanuel Sanders as part of their ongoing roster purge to get under the cap. I know that he's long in tooth at 34, but based off what we've seen from him the last 2 years I'd be find brining him in on a 1 year deal, if we draft a guy or two they can develop under him and then take over for him next year, or we can bring him back if he still has juice in the tank.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 02:25 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: The Saints are set to cut Emmanuel Sanders as part of their ongoing roster purge to get under the cap. I know that he's long in tooth at 34, but based off what we've seen from him the last 2 years I'd be find brining him in on a 1 year deal, if we draft a guy or two they can develop under him and then take over for him next year, or we can bring him back if he still has juice in the tank.

Even at his age, he's still producing like a solid WR2.
He's had 700+ yards and 4-5 TDs each season since 2018.
If he's willing to sign a contract for $5 mill or less a year, I'd be ok with bringing him on for a 1-year or 2-year deal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even at his age, he's still producing like a solid WR2.
He's had 700+ yards and 4-5 TDs each season since 2018.
If he's willing to sign a contract for $5 mill or less a year, I'd be ok with bringing him on for a 1-year or 2-year deal.

Looks like he was paid 8 last year. He likely goes to a contender, but maybe if we come in around 6-8 he'd come here to mentor the young guys. Lots of contender's likely don't have the cap space for him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:11 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Looks like he was paid 8 last year. He likely goes to a contender, but maybe if we come in around 6-8 he'd come here to mentor the young guys. Lots of contender's likely don't have the cap space for him. 

The contract he signed with N.O. was 2 years, $24 mill. 2020 was only $8.5 mill though ($2 mill salary, $6 mill signing bonus, $500k incentive).

I'm not sure the Bengals need a mentor though. Boyd has been in the league 5 years, entering his 6th. He can be the mentor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
would be a decent stop-gap if we wanted to focus elsewhere in the draft. the WR room is kinda lacking.
Reply/Quote
Bill's also released WR John Brown he would be a solid vertical threat and come at that 5 or 6 mil range.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Bill's also released WR John Brown he would be a solid vertical threat and come at that 5 or 6 mil range.

I prefer Brown as a potentially cheaper vertical option. He was banged up a bit last year, but when he did play he was really productive. 
Reply/Quote
Not a bad WR at all, but I don't know if he's what the Bengals need. They either need a guy who's dominant in the RZ or a deep threat. Both would be gravy, but I don't think Sanders is either.

Brown isn't a bad stopgap option. Would be nice if they could get him with no guaranteed money so that if the Bengals end up with Chase, they can cut him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 04:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: I prefer Brown as a potentially cheaper vertical option. He was banged up a bit last year, but when he did play he was really productive. 

If they want to spend decent cash in that 11-15 range Corey Davis is my guy. Brown would be a decent veteran vertical threat at 5-7 and Chris Conely would be another veteran vertical #3 in that 3 - 5 range.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 05:59 PM)Synric Wrote: If they want to spend decent cash in that 11-15 range Corey Davis is my guy. Brown would be a decent veteran vertical threat at 5-7 and Chris Conely would be another veteran vertical #3 in that 3 - 5 range.

I don't see the investment in a guy like Davis, although I like him, relative to the needs on the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 06:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see the investment in a guy like Davis, although I like him, relative to the needs on the team.

Yea I don't see them spending money on Davis because of the giant roster holes at the moment just mentioned him as a specific type I hope they go after.

Chris Conley seems like such a great fit as an X/Z at 3year/13 to 14mil which would allow them to take someone like Pitts early and/or possibly one of these Slot/Z hybrids that are Deebo Samuel type.

Reply/Quote