Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest
in case you didnt get to watch the 90 minute presentation yesterday for xbox and Bethesda   There were a ton of great games shown including Diablo 2 release date 9/23

Links in the article

https://screenrant.com/xbox-bethesda-games-showcase-every-e3-2021-reveal-announcement/

Here is elden ring

And here is a list to everything else.

https://www.gamesradar.com/summer-games-fest-every-game-announced-during-the-e3-2021-show/?scrlybrkr=315e3090
https://screenrant.com/e3-2021-june-12-game-announcements-reveals-ubisoft/
https://screenrant.com/e3-2021-june-13-game-announcements-reveals-xbox/?scrlybrkr=256ccdd8

if you know of any good links with stuff i missed please post it.
Reply/Quote
Best Trailer goes to "The Other Worlds 2" for basically making fun of all trailers and hype grabs lol....

MY Most anticipated.

Diablo 2 Resurrected
Elden Ring
Halo Infinite
Battlefield 2042

*Starfield (still over a year away)

Forza 5 and Flight Simulator looks amazing

Share your favorites below... If you have seen them yet i believe there is astill a few showcases to go.

*apparently Xbox has more to show they couldnt fit into their 90 minutes sometime on thrusday if i read it correctly.
Reply/Quote
Lot or people already saying Xbox won E3.

Personally, I'm very interested in Age of Empires 4 and Forza Horizon 5.

My gaming BFF really wants me to get a PS5 though. Ugh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 06:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lot or people already saying Xbox won E3.

Personally, I'm very interested in Age of Empires 4 and Forza Horizon 5.

My gaming BFF really wants me to get a PS5 though. Ugh.

I might get one Eventually for Demon Souls Remaster and Bloodborne.    Or maybe i can find a cheap PS4 for bloodborne and be happy.

unless i was mistaken it looks like this Age of Empires might also come to console.   Horizon 5 looks amazing. (but i havent even started 3 yet lol)
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 11:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I might get one Eventually for Demon Souls Remaster and Bloodborne.    Or maybe i can find a cheap PS4 for bloodborne and be happy.

unless i was mistaken it looks like this Age of Empires might also come to console.   Horizon 5 looks amazing. (but i havent even started 3 yet lol)

AoE4 is just PC/Xbox, right? If it's on PS5, that might make my decision a little easier. Maybe. Ok not really.

I can relate on having a backlog. In the past year I bought Golf Story, Scott Pilgrim and Mario + Rabbids all on sale, and have barely touched them. Havent even booted up Mario Rabbids. But it was 90% off...so I couldn't pass. Ugh.

I also want an Xbox for the new Flight Simulator. I didn't see it in the shop on my Xbox One S...so I'm guessing it's only on PC and the new hardware?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
15 minutes til Nintendo's presentation.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: AoE4 is just PC/Xbox, right? If it's on PS5, that might make my decision a little easier. Maybe. Ok not really.

I can relate on having a backlog. In the past year I bought Golf Story, Scott Pilgrim and Mario + Rabbids all on sale, and have barely touched them. Havent even booted up Mario Rabbids. But it was a dollar...so I couldn't pass. Ugh.

I also want an Xbox for the new Flight Simulator8. I didn't see it in the shop on my Xbox One S...so I'm guessing it's only on PC and the new hardware?

Mario Rabbids is actually tons of fun. A little on the easy side, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Wife too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 12:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 15 minutes til Nintendo's presentation.

Here for you or anyone else...  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: AoE4 is just PC/Xbox, right? If it's on PS5, that might make my decision a little easier. Maybe. Ok not really.

I can relate on having a backlog. In the past year I bought Golf Story, Scott Pilgrim and Mario + Rabbids all on sale, and have barely touched them. Havent even booted up Mario Rabbids. But it was 90% off...so I couldn't pass. Ugh.

I also want an Xbox for the new Flight Simulator. I didn't see it in the shop on my Xbox One S...so I'm guessing it's only on PC and the new hardware?

Currently Flight Simulator is PC only..   Comes to the Series X/S consoles late July..   They said they are working on Xbox 1 ports as well but will come at a later date.

Age of Empires i believe will be PC/Xbox on Game Pass also available on Steam... (idk how that all works on PC if steam and Xbox versions are different or not)

still need to grab that night trap remaster for the switch lol...
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 12:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:

Here for you or anyone else...  

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 01:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Lol I'm so happy for ya. We were just talking about Metroid a few days ago.

I literally said this:

"Yeah I'm surprised they havent thrown any bones to Metroid fans. I was expecting something after they announced the delay...but no dice. A port or maybe a new 2D style game in the style of maybe Megaman 11 would've been nice."

...and it is a newer styled 2D like Megaman 11. So happy for Metroid fans.
Reply/Quote
On my end, it was a worst case scenario E3.

- No other Zelda game announcements (Wind Waker/Twilight Princess was rumored)
- No Animal Crossing update (that game is dying quickly)
- No Switch Pro
- No big 3rd party announcements (for me)
- No BoTW 2 this year

What an awful E3. Felt like I was getting trolled.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 02:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On my end, it was a worst case scenario E3.

- No other Zelda game announcements (Wind Waker/Twilight Princess was rumored)
- No Animal Crossing update (that game is dying quickly)
- No Switch Pro
- No big 3rd party announcements (for me)
- No BoTW 2 this year

What an awful E3. Felt like I was getting trolled.

Could be worse.  You could be a Borderlands/Gearbox fan.  Their presentation was like drunk Thor in Endgame trying to describe the Ether and when/where to find it.
Reply/Quote
Apart from Metroid Dread I have to agree, a pretty "meh" e3 all around.

Of course, I'm influenced by Baby #2 DLC dropping end of 2021/beginning of 2022 so the amount/kind of games I'm interested in is pretty limited. Only Metroid is a certain buy for me this year (only a Switch player. Will get PS5/6 when they're done with the FFVII remake.) If BotW2 comes out in 2022 (I imagine they're shooting for Holiday 2022) that's another certain buy.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 02:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Apart from Metroid Dread I have to agree, a pretty "meh" e3 all around.

Of course, I'm influenced by Baby #2 DLC dropping end of 2021/beginning of 2022 so the amount/kind of games I'm interested in is pretty limited. Only Metroid is a certain buy for me this year (only a Switch player. Will get PS5/6 when they're done with the FFVII remake.) If BotW2 comes out in 2022 (I imagine they're shooting for Holiday 2022) that's another certain buy.

What type of games are you into?  more of the 2d  or 2.5d sidescrollers?  metroid likes?   (meaning you have to come back after you get upgrades etc?)  

I could probably suggest a few even though its not really my jam.

Diablo 2 Resurrected is also coming to switch cant really go wrong there...
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What type of games are you into?  more of the 2d  or 2.5d sidescrollers?  metroid likes?   (meaning you have to come back after you get upgrades etc?)  

I could probably suggest a few even though its not really my jam.

Diablo 2 Resurrected is also coming to switch   cant really go wrong there...

Mostly RPGs/JRPGs where you have to remember what you're doing/planning. Games like Dragon Age, Dark Souls where you have huge amounts of customization/sequence breaking are my favorites. 

But they've largely taken a back seat as between kid and house. My gaming is usually about one hour tops two or three times a week. In those types of games it usually take me about 20 mins just to remember where I am, what the quest is and what the build of the toon is. 

Nowadays it's been rouge-likes (Binding of Isaac) or turn based games (Fire Emblem) that are easy to pick up and put down. I did forget about D2 remaster. I will certainly be playing that as it's good for some quick runs and put down. And I look forward to Werebear slapping shit silly again LOL.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Mostly RPGs/JRPGs where you have to remember what you're doing/planning. Games like Dragon Age, Dark Souls where you have huge amounts of customization/sequence breaking are my favorites. 

But they've largely taken a back seat as between kid and house. My gaming is usually about one hour tops two or three times a week. In those types of games it usually take me about 20 mins just to remember where I am, what the quest is and what the build of the toon is. 

Nowadays it's been rouge-likes (Binding of Isaac) or turn based games (Fire Emblem) that are easy to pick up and put down. I did forget about D2 remaster. I will certainly be playing that as it's good for some quick runs and put down. And I look forward to Werebear slapping shit silly again LOL.

i totally feel you about taking a long time to get back into it  its kinda why i love some open world RPGs like Assassins creeds etc... As i can usually pick it up see a place i haven't been or objective i need and just start going at it. but there are also games i avoid playing unless i have a solid few hours to get into it(mainly where Inventory and item selection is key is where it takes forever lol)  .   ill look over some of my titles (make sure they are on switch and get back with you.)
Reply/Quote
Xbox has their Extended Showcase today at 1 est i believe.... (yes theres more lol) probly some of the games previously announced getting a more indepth look and maybe some more gameplay footage. and some of the titles absent from the main e3 presentation (avowed, Fable, Hellblade 2,....)
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Forza runs decently on my PC because I really don't want to buy an Xbox for a single game. I have nothing against buying an Xbox, but I'm more of a Nintendo/Sony/PC gamer.

The new Metroid is going to be a Day 1 for me, and yes I'm disappointed there wasn't more info on the new Zelda. Boo.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 01:30 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm hoping Forza runs decently on my PC because I really don't want to buy an Xbox for a single game. I have nothing against buying an Xbox, but I'm more of a Nintendo/Sony/PC gamer.

The new Metroid is going to be a Day 1 for me, and yes I'm disappointed there wasn't more info on the new Zelda. Boo.

PM'd you the PC specs...

But if you have the Xbox 1 they are working on something thru cloud gaming to allow the next gen titles there as well.
Reply/Quote