Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest
Xbox 2nd Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjnJTVYkKI

starts in a few minutes
Reply/Quote
For anyone who plays Animal Crossing, Doug Bowser did announce that they do have plans in store to add more activities, etc in a future update. Thank God.

Still pretty disappointed to hear that there's no Zelda collections planned, but it's possible something gets announced later. I'm sure they want all the focus now to be on Skyward Sword.

Btw, I heard that some of the next gen games will be coming to XB1 through the cloud. If so, hopefully that means I can finally play the new Flight Simulator, and maybe some of these other good games coming to Series X/S.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For anyone who plays Animal Crossing, Doug Bowser did announce that they do have plans in store to add more activities, etc in a future update. Thank God.

Still pretty disappointed to hear that there's no Zelda collections planned, but it's possible something gets announced later. I'm sure they want all the focus now to be on Skyward Sword.

Btw, I heard that some of the next gen games will be coming to XB1 through the cloud. If so, hopefully that means I can finally play the new Flight Simulator, and maybe some of these other good games coming to Series X/S.

I think a lot of the disappointment comes from a leaker saying that they were 100% coming at e3. It's Nintendo. There is no way they're not going to eventually re-release decades-old games and charge 60 bucks a pop. They know people will pay for 'em. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I heard that some of the next gen games will be coming to XB1 through the cloud. If so, hopefully that means I can finally play the new Flight Simulator, and maybe some of these other good games coming to Series X/S.

Thats gonna be a nice feature to help combat the console shortage. and still let people play when they get it going.

Been a while since i was hyped about a simulator game lol   
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thats gonna be a nice feature to help combat the console shortage. and still let people play when they get it going.

Flight Simulator is a lot of fun.  I played it when I had GamePass for a while, before they raised the price.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 04:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think a lot of the disappointment comes from a leaker saying that they were 100% coming at e3. It's Nintendo. There is no way they're not going to eventually re-release decades-old games and charge 60 bucks a pop. They know people will pay for 'em. LOL

I think you're right about the leakers. It got me and a lot of people hyped.

Speaking of overpriced Nintendo games, how do you feel about a 2D Metroid running $60? For comparison, Megaman 11 was $30...which seems to be around what most 2D platformers run these days...unless made by Nintendo.

Advance Wars for $60 and Wario Ware at $50 also seems crazy.

(06-17-2021, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thats gonna be a nice feature to help combat the console shortage. and still let people play when they get it going.

I've never been hyped for a Flight Simulator, but the fact that they found a way to render like 80% of the globe blows me away. Would be pretty cool to fly over Cincy and some of my old neighborhoods in NKY.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 06:22 PM)Earendil Wrote: Flight Simulator is a lot of fun.  I played it when I had GamePass for a while, before they raised the price.

when did game pass price go up?  its been 15.99 a month for ultimate or 9.99 for just game pass since it launched from what i know.

*im not a subscriber*
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think you're right about the leakers. It got me and a lot of people hyped.

Speaking of overpriced Nintendo games, how do you feel about a 2D Metroid running $60? For comparison, Megaman 11 was $30...which seems to be around what most 2D platformers run these days...unless made by Nintendo.

Advance Wars for $60 and Wario Ware at $50 also seems crazy.

I've never been hyped for a Flight Simulator, but the fact that they found a way to render like 80% of the globe blows me away. Would be pretty cool to fly over Cincy and some of my old neighborhoods in NKY.

when they add helicopters ill try and land in my back yard.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 08:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: when did game pass price go up?  its been 15.99 a month for ultimate or 9.99 for just game pass since it launched from what i know.

*im not a subscriber*

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I had a deal where it was $4.99 for like six months or something.  Then it went up to $10 and I figured since the only game I really played on it was Flight Sim, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy it outright.  Of course, I still haven't gotten around to buying it, but these days I'm lucky if I get an hour or two a month to play games.  I showed the Forza Horizon gameplay video to my kids last night and it looks like I might end up getting an Xbox after all.  Probably just the Series S, since it's cheaper and would go in the game room where the TV isn't 4K.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 03:06 PM)Earendil Wrote: Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I had a deal where it was $4.99 for like six months or something.  Then it went up to $10 and I figured since the only game I really played on it was Flight Sim, it would be cheaper in the long run to buy it outright.  Of course, I still haven't gotten around to buying it, but these days I'm lucky if I get an hour or two a month to play games.  I showed the Forza Horizon gameplay video to my kids last night and it looks like I might end up getting an Xbox after all.  Probably just the Series S, since it's cheaper and would go in the game room where the TV isn't 4K.

I got you i dont use game pass myself mainly cause i have a backlog of 100+ games that i would never get to if i did.  and im slow i play games at my own pace...

Especially considering many are Long RPGs    and i like to 100% games (takes even longer lol)

And if its not for a 4k TV the S is the way to go.    And it can upscale if it gets moved to a 4k tv
Reply/Quote
Interesting: Far Cry 6's DLC will let you play as the villians from Farcry 3,4,5

https://www.polygon.com/e3/22530823/far-cry-6-leak-dlc-season-pass-vaas-pagan-min-joseph-seed-e3-2021?scrlybrkr=f738d106
Reply/Quote
"console shortage"

So Father's Day has some and gone, and I was supposed to get a Series X. My wife so wanted me to have it that she wanted to pay scalper prices 800+ dollars. I wouldn't let her. It's good to be loved, but I'm not paying the bloodsuckers.

*sigh*
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 04:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: "console shortage"

So Father's Day has some and gone, and I was supposed to get a Series X.  My wife so wanted me to have it that she wanted to pay scalper prices 800+ dollars.  I wouldn't let her.  It's good to be loved, but I'm not paying the bloodsuckers.

*sigh*

had that same arguement with my wife for a few months as i was gonna get one for Christmas..  But ended up getting one right around 4/12 ish which is my Quitting cigs anniversary so it worked out.

Yeah dont pay someone 300 dollars to get a 2nd hand xbox at that point..        I used an app called Hotstock that gave alerts to what stores are restocking and was able to secure one from walmart.  And now some stores are selling in store as well so the shortage shouldnt end up lasting tooo much longer i dont think.    or at least the scalpers have a little less control.

Best of luck.   (this is part of the reason xbox said no next gen exclusives for 12 months)
Reply/Quote
I'm using HotStock as well. Best Buy had PS5s and Xboxes in stock yesterday, but their site sucks so I couldn't get one. Oh well..

I'm hoping Target will have some soon. I can save 5% and pick it up in an hour.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 01:57 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm using HotStock as well.  Best Buy had PS5s and Xboxes in stock yesterday, but their site sucks so I couldn't get one.  Oh well..

Unfortunately the "good" scalpers are using algorithms that automatically buy up the consoles as soon as they're up for sale online. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 02:02 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Unfortunately the "good" scalpers are using algorithms that automatically buy up the consoles as soon as they're up for sale online. 

they cant get them all and if the morons out there stop buying from the scalpers then they will be stuck with no money and a bunch of paper wieghts
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 01:57 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm using HotStock as well.  Best Buy had PS5s and Xboxes in stock yesterday, but their site sucks so I couldn't get one.  Oh well..

Best buy i got my xbox in the cart on 2 different occansions only for all the stores within 250 miles to be sold out before i could pick one..

Walmart was where i got lucky.. And now some places have them actually in the store like target and gamestop.
Reply/Quote
I actually saw the Series S on Amazon Tuesday, but I was at the emergency room (with someone else, not me) and didn't really feel like dealing with it at the time.
Reply/Quote
ill add this here as it kinda in the same area.

Playstation had their state of play yesterday. I dont have a playstation myself but none of these seemed that exciting. and the ones that did will be coming to other consoles like deathloop

check it out if this is your system which one are you looking forward to.

https://gamerant.com/sony-playstation-state-of-play-july-2021-recap/?scrlybrkr=5d107349
Reply/Quote