Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBO MAX Merging with Discovery+
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/hbo-max-relaunch-discovery-questions-1235369449/

HBO Max and Discovery + are merging into 1 sub... I believe all HBO MAX members will just get Discovery at no additional charge.

This is expected to launch sometime in June/July
(Discovery + Might still be available as a stand alone since its much cheaper)

Do you expect to see more streaming services consolidate soon?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/hbo-max-relaunch-discovery-questions-1235369449/

HBO Max and Discovery + are merging into 1 sub... I believe all HBO MAX members will just get Discovery at no additional charge.

This is expected to launch sometime in June/July
(Discovery + Might still be available as a stand alone since its much cheaper)

Do you expect to see more streaming services consolidate soon?

Glad this happened.  If AT&T was still running the show, they would've kept them separate.  We definitely need some consolidation on the streaming front.  

So it seems like they just reskinned the HBOMax client added D+ content.  Hell it's such a reskin, when i downloaded the Max app on my tv, i didn't even have to login again lol. 

But that was probably the best move....IMO it's one of the better streaming apps.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 11:49 AM)basballguy Wrote: Glad this happened.  If AT&T was still running the show, they would've kept them separate.  We definitely need some consolidation on the streaming front.  

So it seems like they just reskinned the HBOMax client added D+ content.  Hell it's such a reskin, when i downloaded the Max app on my tv, i didn't even have to login again lol. 

But that was probably the best move....IMO it's one of the better streaming apps.  

Someone said Disney+ was buying out or already owned Hulu and was doing something with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 05:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Someone said Disney+ was buying out or already owned Hulu and was doing something with it.

Hulu was Fox's Streaming service.   So Disney already owns it i believe.  as you can bundle both together easily enough.  Disney puts things on Hulu they dont want the Disney name on.  But i could see them merging completely at some point.

(looks like Comcast still has a minority stake in Hulu... So maybe disney looking to buy them out of their portion of the contract )
Reply/Quote