Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ESPN 2016 NFL Crystal Ball - Bengals Win SB LI
In a shocking turn of events, ESPN actually puts some belief in the Bengals!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197615/our-2016-nfl-crystal-ball-super-mario-plays-for-patriots-rg-iii-to-the-rams-and-bengals-win-super-bowl

Quote:10. The Cincinnati Bengals will beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl LI. I know what you’re thinking, but yes, they’re going back to Roman numerals next year. What? Oh, you mean the prediction itself? Yeah, well, eventually Charlie Brown’s going to kick that football before Lucy yanks it away from him, right? One of these years?

Hoping this happens!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In a shocking turn of events, ESPN actually puts some belief in the Bengals!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/197615/our-2016-nfl-crystal-ball-super-mario-plays-for-patriots-rg-iii-to-the-rams-and-bengals-win-super-bowl

Hoping this happens!
...or Bengals don't even make play-offs.......I don't like how they finished the season. They were 8-0, but then went 4-5 including the play-offs. 4-5 is a pretty lousy finish that shows this team has problems it needs to fix. Much work needs done in the off season. Much work needs done in preaseason. Bengals are far away from a trip to Super Bowl right now. There is much room for improvement after 4-5 finish. Bengals beat themselves the last 20 seconds in play-off game, but that is no excuse, it just means they are losers. Being losers has to change. All the excuses in the world doesn't change the fact that they are losers. Only when they win in the play-offs will that change. No play-off wins since 1990 season is a long time of being losers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals and Cardinals are probably the two best rosters.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: ...or Bengals don't even make play-offs.......I don't like how they finished the season. They were 8-0, but then went 4-5 including the play-offs.  4-5 is a pretty lousy finish that shows his team has problems it needs to fix.  MUch work needs done in the off season. Much work needs done in preaseason.  Bengals are far away from a trip to Super Bowl right now. There is much room for improvement after 4-5 finish.

[Image: 2e0ad81.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bengals and Cardinals are probably the two best rosters.

If you are a Carson Palmer fan maybe....but no, I don't see both these teams in next years Super Bowl. Good chance neither team in next years Super Bowl...I wish it was as easy as just predicting it.....but Bengal are losers since 1990 and they need to change that to be able to win in the play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: ...or Bengals don't even make play-offs.......I don't like how they finished the season. They were 8-0, but then went 4-5 including the play-offs.  4-5 is a pretty lousy finish that shows this team has problems it needs to fix.  Much work needs done in the off season. Much work needs done in preaseason.  Bengals are far away from a trip to Super Bowl right now. There is much room for improvement after 4-5 finish.  Bengals beat themselves the last 20 seconds in play-off game, but that is no excuse, it just means they are losers. Being losers has to change. All the excuses in the world doesn't change the fact that they are losers. Only when they win in the play-offs will that change. No play-off wins since 1990 season is a long time of being losers.

3 out of the 5 losses were with a backup QB, and one of the two we lost with Dalton was a really close game with one of the best teams in the NFL at their house.... Also every single team we ended up losing too made the playoffs last year, and most games we lost was decided by a FG.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In a shocking turn of events, ESPN actually puts some belief in the Bengals!

Hoping this happens!

I thought it was a pretty funny article. 

Loved the Chip Kelly/Blaine Gabbert piece. 

Quote:8. Chip Kelly coaches the San Francisco 49ers into the playoffs. Somehow, quarterback Blaine Gabbert throws 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions while the 49ers lead the league in rushing and finish 10-6 to earn a wild-card spot. Kelly’s success reminds everyone what a brilliant X's-and-O's coach he is and makes everyone forget about the personality and personnel issues that did him in in Philadelphia. SPOILER ALERT: The 2017 and 2018 predictions aren’t quite as rosy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:19 PM)kevin Wrote: If you are a Carson Palmer fan maybe....but no, I don't see both these teams in next years Super Bowl.  Good chance neither team in next years Super Bowl...I wish it was as easy as just predicting it.....but Bengal are losers since 1990 and they need to change that to be able to win in the play-offs.

Lol "good chance".   You mean you will take the 30 other teams and countless combinations over just those 2?    Of course there is a good chance it could be the field.     Unfortunately the story was written to make a prediction going into the offseason.   Not to just say that the game would be vs two teams with mascots ending in S.  

Bengals should be one of the top 2-3 teams in the NFL next year.    And the cardinals will be in the mix in the NFC as well.   I don't think they will have as good a season next year but they will be in the mix.    The NFC is not deep.    And we took the super bowl champs to OT in their house with AJM in his 2nd start and no Eifert.     To claim we aren't a favorite would be a joke. It's a QB league and we have a top 5 QB and a deep roster on both sides
Reply/Quote
"Yeah, well, eventually Charlie Brown’s going to kick that football before Lucy yanks it away from him, right? One of these years?"

[Image: groundhog-day-alarm-clock.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals have as good of a chance as anyone to make the Super Bowl next year, and within the next 5 years.

The next few years are going to be fun. The window is still wide open.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:19 PM)kevin Wrote: If you are a Carson Palmer fan maybe....but no, I don't see both these teams in next years Super Bowl.  Good chance neither team in next years Super Bowl...I wish it was as easy as just predicting it.....but Bengal are losers since 1990 and they need to change that to be able to win in the play-offs.

I realize that it is safer emotionally, to remain pessimistic.  However, the law of averages catches up with everything, eventually.  Had Andy not broken his thumb, I think that there was a great chance that we would have been watching the Bengals play, last night.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 04:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that it is safer emotionally, to remain pessimistic.  However, the law of averages catches up with everything, eventually.  Had Andy not broken his thumb, I think that there was a great chance that we would have been watching the Bengals play, last night.

Heck had Eifert been cleared out of the stupid concussion protocol for Denver we would have been there.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: ...or Bengals don't even make play-offs.......I don't like how they finished the season. They were 8-0, but then went 4-5 including the play-offs.  4-5 is a pretty lousy finish that shows this team has problems it needs to fix.  Much work needs done in the off season. Much work needs done in preaseason.  Bengals are far away from a trip to Super Bowl right now. There is much room for improvement after 4-5 finish.  Bengals beat themselves the last 20 seconds in play-off game, but that is no excuse, it just means they are losers. Being losers has to change. All the excuses in the world doesn't change the fact that they are losers. Only when they win in the play-offs will that change. No play-off wins since 1990 season is a long time of being losers.

Lol troll bait
Reply/Quote

This team is ready.. I agree with ESPN.. taking Denver to the cusp with their backup QB at Denver shows this team can play .. going 12-4 in regular season shows the depth and talent this team has.  It is a 16 game season.. not a 9 game season.. look how Denver finished the year very similar to us and they won the Super Bowl... 

What I saw out of a healthy Dalton has me positive about next year... BRING ON 2016 SEASON.. WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Yeah, well, eventually Charlie Brown’s going to kick that football before Lucy yanks it away from him, right? One of these years?"

Already happened! We got this! Get ready for a great year.

Reply/Quote
"Hey Dan is it too early for April Fool's?"

"umm kinda why??"

"Lets mess with people, and predict the Bengals win a Super Bowl!!"

"That is absolutely Nucking Futs! I like it, lets do it!"
Reply/Quote
Dont have a good enough o-line to win it all, unless they plan on throwing it all day come playoffs. Also Marv is still hc, so that too. But I like the wishful thinking! lol
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol "good chance".   You mean you will take the 30 other teams and countless combinations over just those 2?    Of course there is a good chance it could be the field.     Unfortunately the story was written to make a prediction going into the offseason.   Not to just say that the game would be vs two teams with mascots ending in S.  

Bengals should be one of the top 2-3 teams in the NFL next year.    And the cardinals will be in the mix in the NFC as well.   I don't think they will have as good a season next year but they will be in the mix.    The NFC is not deep.    And we took the super bowl champs to OT in their house with AJM in his 2nd start and no Eifert.     To claim we aren't a favorite would be a joke.   It's a QB league and we have a top 5 QB and a deep roster on both sides

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 04:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals have as good of a chance as anyone to make the Super Bowl next year, and within the next 5 years.

The next few years are going to be fun. The window is still wide open.

Sounds good!!!!! Man my soul left my body when hill coughed up the ball Cry
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: ...or Bengals don't even make play-offs.......I don't like how they finished the season. They were 8-0, but then went 4-5 including the play-offs. 4-5 is a pretty lousy finish that shows this team has problems it needs to fix. Much work needs done in the off season. Much work needs done in preaseason. Bengals are far away from a trip to Super Bowl right now. There is much room for improvement after 4-5 finish. Bengals beat themselves the last 20 seconds in play-off game, but that is no excuse, it just means they are losers. Being losers has to change. All the excuses in the world doesn't change the fact that they are losers. Only when they win in the play-offs will that change. No play-off wins since 1990 season is a long time of being losers.

Maybe because they didn't have their starting QB?

Andy means a lot to this team and now everyone understands that (including me), I use to think that everyone else made Andy good but I'm starting to think it''s the opposite.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote