Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/11/15950380/espn-marvin-lewis-clouding-bright-future-bengals
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 01:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/11/15950380/espn-marvin-lewis-clouding-bright-future-bengals

[Image: 200_s.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm .....and here I thought it was all Andy Dalton's fault. Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
That kinda news is as startling as reading the weather forecast for your vacation and realizing there are nothing but heavy thunderstorms the entire length of your stay regardless of how beautiful the area you are staying at is...
Reply/Quote
I downgrade this thread due to a caps lock title. Ninja

But more seriously, the only thing that's surprising about Marvin being linked to holding the team back is that it took him entering his 15th season for them to realize what we around here have long since known.

I do find it funny that apparently ESPN thinks the Bengals are ranked 17th at QB, but tied for 6th in drafting when Dalton the last two years has 65.2% completion, just shy of a 3:1 TD:INT ratio, 7.9 YPA, and a 97.7 QB Rating... meanwhile the Bengals have drafted exactly 1 Pro Bowl player since they used the 35th overall pick in 2011 on Dalton.

- - - - -
Side Note: The "promising crop" includes Jake Fisher (who sucked), Dennard (who is in his 4th year now and got beat out by Shaw), and three guys who have never played a snap in the NFL. Not promising at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe MB will read this and the light will come on that maybe them fans aren't stupid after all? Many have been screaming this for years.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 02:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I downgrade this thread due to a caps lock title.  Ninja

But more seriously, the only thing that's surprising about Marvin being linked to holding the team back is that it took him entering his 15th season for them to realize what we around here have long since known.

I do find it funny that apparently ESPN thinks the Bengals are ranked 17th at QB, but tied for 6th in drafting when Dalton the last two years has 65.2% completion, just shy of a 3:1 TD:INT ratio, 7.9 YPA, and a 97.7 QB Rating... meanwhile the Bengals have drafted exactly 1 Pro Bowl player since they used the 35th overall pick in 2011 on Dalton.

- - - - -
Side Note: The "promising crop" includes Jake Fisher (who sucked), Dennard (who is in his 4th year now and got beat out by Shaw), and three guys who have never played a snap in the NFL. Not promising at all.

Exactly.  We've known this for years.

They still don't like ol Andy though.....oh well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yup, Good Ol' Marv .... the dead weight that keeps dragging us down !!
Reply/Quote
No, no. Don't you remember the 90s? We can't lose Marvin because if we do, then we'll go back to losing a ton of games. It's a forgone conclusion.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 02:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe MB will read this and the light will come on that maybe them fans aren't stupid after all? Many have been screaming this for years.

Slow down there Sparky, I don't think MB watches or reads ESPN and doesn't give a gawl durn what the media thinks...
Reply/Quote
Quite frankly I have zero hope for any post season success under Marvin ! I'll watch the games and cheer my ass off for my Bengals, hoping for the best and for Marvin to prove me wrong.

But I have lost hope for any real post season success with M&M running the show.

And Wyche you know AD is responsible for all of ML's failure. Even from 2003 - 2010
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 02:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe MB will read this and the light will come on that maybe them fans aren't stupid after all? Many have been screaming this for years.

I've never met Mike Brown but he has to know, after 26 years of failure, that he is the issue with this franchise.  The guy doesn't care about winning and we are the sorry saps rooting for his business.  
Reply/Quote
Have not posted in a few weeks.

We deserve to be downgraded because of Marvin. No other NFL team and no other college team would still employ Marvin given his unprecedented awful record in playoff games.

He should have been fired several times over the last 15 years and he definitely should have been fired after the meltdown in the Pittsburgh playoff game in 2015.

On the other hand, Dalton's ranking is a joke. I am going to get a great QB in the eighth or ninth round of fantasy draft because people believe the ESPN/ major media spin on Dalton instead of looking at the facts.

With Marvin still in charge, I cannot help but think that we will lose two games to Steelers in regular season, won't make playoffs, but if we do make playoffs, we will lose first game to Steelers or Texans.
Reply/Quote
What really sucks are the potential better HC that have passed through here in Zimmer, Jackson, Gruden and Joseph.
Reply/Quote
What's even more surprising is that the front office is getting higher marks than coaching. Let's all take a moment and think about which facet of the team employs the coaching staff?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

ESPN?  Nah, I don't think Mike has heard of it.

[Image: 68bbba956badfb7b9b11ea00cd2677f9.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 04:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Slow down there Sparky, I don't think MB watches or reads ESPN and doesn't give a gawl durn what the media thinks...

I can actually picture Mike Brown being the kind of guy who doesn't have cable TV due to not wanting to "waste" money on it when he can get other channels for free....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've never met Mike Brown but he has to know, after 26 years of failure, that he is the issue with this franchise.  The guy doesn't care about winning and we are the sorry saps rooting for his business.  

CDC is considering Bengal fandom as an addiction! I agree, wtf else would continue to risk their health and spend thousands of dollars a year to wake up depressed and left wanting? It ain't good man.

M&M are dealers and should be locked up!

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's even more surprising is that the front office is getting higher marks than coaching. Let's all take a moment and think about which facet of the team employs the coaching staff?

Katie is a ho, or?

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 10:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Katie is a ho, or?

via GIPHY

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote