Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Don't Bury The Bengals
This article gives six reasons as to why you can't count us out, even with Dalton's injury:

1. McCarron will likely improve.

This writer has done research that shows that backup quarterbacks perform better when they go into a game as a starter, rather than being thrust into action, which makes sense given that they'll have had time to prepare and will also be more mentally focused.

McCarron actually didn't play that bad, and did have a few costly mistakes, like the pick 6, but you have to believe that he'll improve.

The defenses he'll face are also a blessing, as the Ravens and 49ers are ranked in the 7 worst pass defenses, but Denver will be the big one that would be a big win and set us up for the bye.

2. McCarron has arguably the best offensive line in football

Self-explanatory, and although AJ got sacked and pressured, he should improve as he gets more comfortable in the pocket and with making calls.

3. McCarron should have a full complement of weapons.

AJ and Marvin lead one of the deepest and best receiving groups in football, and McCarron didn't have Eifert, who will provide another weapon, as well as a red zone threat (we only scored 10 points on three red zone possessions with AJ).

4. The Bengals should be able to move toward a more run-heavy approach.

We dominated with Hill in the run game last year but got away from it after Hill's fumbles early in the year.  Time to let the big dog eat again.

5. Cincinnati's defense can be good enough to win games on its own.

Pittsburgh scored 33 points, but 7 were on a pick 6 and 7 came from a drive starting at our 16 yard line, not to mention that our secondary was crippled with injuries.  That's not bad considering that the Steelers are 5th in offensive scoring this season.

6. Dalton may not be all that he appeared to be.

I don't agree with this one, but it says that Dalton's possibly a product of his weapons and that McCarron can do just as well.  Macaroni can succeed, I agree, but Dalton was having an MVP year because he was playing damn good and had improved by leaps and bounds.

Gives me hope that all is not lost and that we could still get the #2 seed!  Take us there, AJ!
Reply/Quote
Shame they axed Grantland, but good to see Barnwell still doing his thing.

Reply/Quote
Was "Macaroni" an intentional nickname or auto-correct?

Either way I love it - AJ Macaroni
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 09:14 PM)Psycholomonkey Wrote: Was "Macaroni" an intentional nickname or auto-correct?  

Either way I love it - AJ Macaroni

Figured I'd throw it out to see if it would stick or if anyone would even notice  ThumbsUp

McCarron has always seemed like a "blah" name to me.
Reply/Quote
Don't forget his ginormous appendage.

That always seems to point the team in the right direction. Mellow
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 09:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Figured I'd throw it out to see if it would stick or if anyone would even notice  ThumbsUp

McCarron has always seemed like a "blah" name to me.

It is circulating out there Macaroni...  LOL!!  
Reply/Quote