Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Ranks Bengals #6 in Top Arsenals
With the off field issues they just don't really register with me anywhere near as much as how they play the game. 
This insane foolishness of expecting every player to be a pillar of the community, goody two shoes, and on and on is flat out stuff of ivory towering. 
I've worked with people who have never been in trouble with the law, got straight A's in school and yet were just lousy at their jobs and worked with guys who never seemed to stay out of trouble, flunked out in 9th grade and always got the job done right..
I'll take someone who is somewhat questionable at times, but can do the job right every time over the goody two shoes who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions stamped on the heel every single time.. lol 
Then again most of my friends have been arrested multiple times, but have fixed their lives after the fact..
You know..a lot of people would never give a stranger their spare change.  I'll give someone my spare change if they have a good enough bulls**t story.. That's entertaining and I'll pay for good entertainment.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 07:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: With the off field issues they just don't really register with me anywhere near as much as how they play the game. 
This insane foolishness of expecting every player to be a pillar of the community, goody two shoes, and on and on is flat out stuff of ivory towering. 
I've worked with people who have never been in trouble with the law, got straight A's in school and yet were just lousy at their jobs and worked with guys who never seemed to stay out of trouble, flunked out in 9th grade and always got the job done right..
I'll take someone who is somewhat questionable at times, but can do the job right every time over the goody two shoes who couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions stamped on the heel every single time.. lol 
Then again most of my friends have been arrested multiple times, but have fixed their lives after the fact..
You know..a lot of people would never give a stranger their spare change.  I'll give someone my spare change if they have a good enough bulls**t story.. That's entertaining and I'll pay for good entertainment.. 

I agree. Why do athletes and celebrities have to be "role models"? Whatever happened to just being taught what to do and what not to do by your parents or figuring it out yourself?
Anyway, character concerns should only be factored into these arsenal rankings if they impact play on the field (e.g. likelihood of getting suspended, causing personal foul penalties, etc).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

Thoughts? Too low? Too high? Just right, Goldilocks?

Many of our fans like to trash our team for 2016. But, Green and Eifert only played 3 games out of 16 together and both missed a ton of time. Gio hurt, Hill hurt and our kicker cost us 2+ games all by himself.

Our team was not as bad as the record a year ago. Our OL sucked in 2016 so yes I am concerned for 2017, but I don;t see 2017 OL being as bad as the 2016 OL. I love the added weapons of Ross and Mixon and think our young TE group will also be better. We had 11 draft picks and 2 defensive rookies miss the season who may start in 2017. Burfict missed games due to injury and suspension and he is the player that takes our defense from good to great.

Our love our weapons and I love our QB that never gets the respect he deserves.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 06:23 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Closest imo is the giants. They have Marshall, Shepard, obj, Ingram, tye.

And who at RB?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many of our fans like to trash our team for 2016. But, Green and Eifert only played 3 games out of 16 together and both missed a ton of time. Gio hurt, Hill hurt and our kicker cost us 2+ games all by himself.

Our team was not as bad as the record a year ago. Our OL sucked in 2016 so yes I am concerned for 2017, but I don;t see 2017 OL being as bad as the 2016 OL. I love the added weapons of Ross and Mixon and think our young TE group will also be better. We had 11 draft picks and 2 defensive rookies miss the season who may start in 2017. Burfict missed games due to injury and suspension and he is the player that takes our defense from good to great.

Our love our weapons and I love our QB is never gets the respect he deserves.

[Image: latest?cb=20150320192210]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 08:55 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It's good to hear Og is looking better at LT.  But I'm still worried about the line. Bodine was a weak link last year and now his poor play is over shadowed by the departure of Z and Whit. I just hope they know what their doing cause this FA and draft went by and they seemed to give the impression that the line is fine and dandy. Maybe they see good things in Westerman, Mayock seemed impressed with him.

As far as the offensive talent I agree 100% if these guys live up to the hype and we stay healthy look out. I've been saying this is the year it all comes together. I just hope all this potential talent on offense isn't wasted due to poor line play and the fact that Brown & Co seemed content with it would make it even more frustrating than it already is.

All understandable. Bodine is still a weak link whether PA wants to admit it or not. But we do have Westerman as you
mention and JJ Dielman, one of which might show up in the future at Center or Guard. Redmond i have also heard a lot
of good about now that he has a decent weight room.

It would suck if all this talent is wasted cause they didn't prepare for our Tackles sucking and our Center continuing to
suck. But as of right now both of these OT's look miles ahead of last year both physically and mentally.

(07-28-2017, 12:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well you are right the packers don't have eifert.  But they do have Martellus Bennett.... who is arguably the better right end outside of the insane 13 td season. (Brennet has more catches each of the last 5 years than eiferts career year and has also gained more yards in 4/5) he also doesn't miss many games

And while the patriots don't have green, they do have cooks, amendola, hogan, Edelman who all
Fit their system.  

Bengals are top 5 for sure.  

Raider, Tampa, jags, dolphins also have really good skill players/potential

Thanks Bengalbug, didn't know the Pack got Bennett, damn. Cooks was a nice grab by the Pats, i just don't have him
in AJ Green's category. I agree though, Bengals are definately top 5 when healthy. AJ was pushing Julio for the best 
WR in the league last year before the injury and he is in his prime. Eifert when healthy is the best route running TE in
all of football IMHO. Ross is not just speed, he is a dynamic player after the catch and in space and is a good route 
runner with good hands.

Boyd is a very good route runner as well with great hands and he should only improve in his 2nd year. Lafell is very 
solid and experienced, also should improve in his 2nd year here. Malone and Core have very high ceilings. Then with
Gio healthy and Mixon now in the fold with the depth at TE i just don't know of a more deep arsenal. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 03:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: When healthy I don't see any team with better weapons.... and I'm normally one who says we lack weapons for Dalton. We are loaded on offense if Ross and Mixon are as advertised, and we stay healthy.

Yeah...that's the thing. Eifert seems like he just isn't a guy who is going to play 16 games a year. Green gets injured from time to time. Ross has some injuries. Bernard is coming off of a serious knee injury.

I think a lot of the ranking depends on Ross. We are kind of projecting him as a guy that is going to be one of the best rookies this year. Will he get 800-900 yards receiving? Or will be be closer to 400 yards receiving? Time will tell.

IF Ross and Mixon both live up to the hype...we are Top 3.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 12:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...that's the thing. Eifert seems like he just isn't a guy who is going to play 16 games a year. Green gets injured from time to time. Ross has some injuries. Bernard is coming off of a serious knee injury.

I think a lot of the ranking depends on Ross. We are kind of projecting him as a guy that is going to be one of the best rookies this year. Will he get 800-900 yards receiving? Or will be be closer to 400 yards receiving? Time will tell.

I agree on Eifert, like Bell from the Steelers not likely to play all 16 games based on their past.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Just speaking on the Known Weapons

AJ
Lafell
Boyd
Core
Gio
Hill
Eifert

We can be close to unstoppable and that's not adding in Ross Malone or Mixon imo

I don't think Ross Malone or Mixon are going to come in and light it on fire from day 1 as the bengals don't roll like that unless someone gets hurt... but even if they get started rolling by mid season that be fresh legs when people are starting to wear down
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 12:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...that's the thing. Eifert seems like he just isn't a guy who is going to play 16 games a year. Green gets injured from time to time. Ross has some injuries. Bernard is coming off of a serious knee injury.

Assuming AJ, LaFell, and Boyd are healthy, I am guessing closer to 400 yards this season. Next year though should be a different story, as a 1000 should be expected at the least.

I also see Mixon having a better year overall. Rookie rbs dont have as steep of a learning curve as wrs do.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20164155/nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-running-backs-wide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

Thoughts? 

My thoughts re it wont matter who is in the backfield if the OL isn't protecting. Its going to be more of a wait n see what this OL does, that will dictate everything for the offense.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 11:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Honestly, if this roster is wearing Pats uniforms? They win 3 SB's in a row. However, wearing Bengals Uniforms we are hopeful for a playoff win.

Agreed.  Well, you might want to throw in the greatest QB of all time, the greatest HC of all time, an owner who wants to win and invests in industry-standard amenities, a coaching staff hired for something more than an ability to not rock the boat, a nice dose of cheating, and a front office that isn't stocked with family members  JUST to hedge your bets!

Otherwise?  Spot on.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  Well, you might want to throw in the greatest QB of all time, the greatest HC of all time, an owner who wants to win and invests in industry-standard amenities, a coaching staff hired for something more than an ability to not rock the boat, a nice dose of cheating, and a front office that isn't stocked with family members  JUST to hedge your bets!

Otherwise?  Spot on.

Isn't that what I said?

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Isn't that what I said?

Oh....now that I look I guess so.  I actually thought you were one of those types who thought that we never won because we were the Bengals and the NFL is never going to let us win because they rig it so only the Pats and Steelers win and so on.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh....now that I look I guess so.  I actually thought you were one of those types who thought that we never won because we were the Bengals and the NFL is never going to let us win because they rig it so only the Pats and Steelers win and so on.

Nope. Just kind of, conspicuously jabbing at our HC! NFL will let us win, when we decide to win. They may throw a few hurdles, but they can't stop us!

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 11:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nope. Just kind of, conspicuously jabbing at our HC! NFL will let us win, when we decide to win. They may throw a few hurdles, but they can't stop us!

In the end you just have to want it more than the other team.

Still remember the Niners/Ravens Superbowl. Going in i thought the Niners were the far superior team but from the Kickoff
you could see the team that wanted it more. The Ravens just wanted it more and took it. We need to have that mentality.

Crazy that we beat the Ravens all the time and don't watch and learn to do what they do come postseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 04:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Too snarky an option? I get it that there are people who dislike and flat out hate Mixon for what he did, and justifiedly so but, I'm pretty sure anyone who would take the time to read a hypothetical sports article would already know exactly who Mixon is and what he's done. I'm sorry that this is completely off topic it's just so damn annoying to see every article that mentions Mixon the writer feels the need to put their own little jab in there.

Where was the mistake, didn't she hit him first? Usually, that's self-defense. F***k that white ****, she was in the wrong. She got what she deserved I think Smirk
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 11:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nope. Just kind of, conspicuously jabbing at our HC! NFL will let us win, when we decide to win. They may throw a few hurdles, but they can't stop us!

[Image: 49523765.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Thoughts? Too low? Too high? Just right, Goldilocks?

Good stuff, Ocho...

I would say just about right, since much of them are largely unproven.  Core, Mixon, Uzomah, Ross, and Malone have little to no experience, but could be difference makers.

I wonder if Bradon Lafell knows that the "Bengals never spend in Free Agency".

Also, I think the Giants are ranked way too low, and the Chargers and Dolphins are ranked way too high.  I would take the Giants offense over either of those two...
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 01:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just speaking on the Known Weapons

AJ
Lafell
Boyd
Core
Gio
Hill
Eifert

We can be close to unstoppable and that's not adding in Ross Malone or Mixon imo

I don't think Ross Malone or Mixon are going to come in and light it on fire from day 1 as the bengals don't roll like that unless someone gets hurt...  but even if they get started rolling by mid season that be fresh legs when people are starting to wear down

Couldn't agree more, and I will add that Hill and Eifert are in contract years...

The key, to me, is and has been for some time that they needed a speed merchant across the field from AJ Green to take the proverbial top off the defense and open up the underneath for the slot WR, RBs, and TEs.  With Core, we have that...and with Ross and Malone, we have young and inexperienced depth with tremendous speed.  

Ross, as many of you know, was my hands-down selection for our pick.  He is so much more than a one-trick pony that only goes deep.  The guy scored every five times he touched the ball in college.  He, and Mixon, could make this offense very, very tough.  
Reply/Quote