Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name
(09-05-2017, 05:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then name your child Hussein.

This whole topic is a joke .   The reason to not name your child Hussein is because it's ridiculous.

Why is Hussein a ridiculous name?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-05-2017, 05:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why is Hussein a ridiculous name?

It's a ridiculous personal attack on someone on these boards he knows is named Hussein.

But reading endless white male victimization articles can indoctrinate one into worthless drivel.
(09-05-2017, 09:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: It's a ridiculous personal attack on someone on these boards he knows is named Hussein.

But reading endless white male victimization articles can indoctrinate one into worthless drivel.

Who is named Hussein?
(09-05-2017, 05:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why is Hussein a ridiculous name?

By all means. Instead of Pat jr go with Hussein. That's your choice and I support you.
(09-05-2017, 10:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: By all means.   Instead of Pat jr go with Hussein.  That's your choice and I support you.

I'm glad I have your blessing, but I asked a question. What makes it a "ridiculous" name? I'm not going to name any kids I have Pierre because I am not French, but I don't think that's a ridiculous name. 

(09-06-2017, 12:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm glad I have your blessing, but I asked a question. What makes it a "ridiculous" name? I'm not going to name any kids I have Pierre because I am not French, but I don't think that's a ridiculous name. 

Pierre is also ridiculous. Although it's less ridiculous than Hussein.

What makes it ridiculous to me is that I could never see my son branded with that name.

name preference is personal. And to us Hussein is ridiculous .
(09-06-2017, 02:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pierre is also ridiculous.  Although it's less ridiculous than Hussein.  

What makes it ridiculous to me is that I could never see my son branded with that name.  

name preference is personal.  And to us Hussein is ridiculous .

So anything not English is "ridiculous" to you. Which is why it is "wrong" to have a President named after his African father?

(09-06-2017, 02:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pierre is also ridiculous.  Although it's less ridiculous than Hussein.  

name preference is personal.  And to us Hussein is ridiculous .

How about Ivan?

Or Melania?

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-06-2017, 07:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So anything not English is "ridiculous" to you. Which is why it is "wrong" to have a President named after his African father?

My children do not have English names. So I am obviously open to other names.

Hey I do not begrudge anyone for naming their child whatever they wish. But in the Lucie household and probably most others that is weird.
(09-06-2017, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: How about Ivan?

Or Melania?

Smirk

better than Hussein. But that's not saying much .
(09-06-2017, 01:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My children do not have English names.  So I am obviously open to other names.  

Hey I do not begrudge anyone for naming their child whatever they wish.   But in the Lucie household and probably most others that is weird.

Well, duh.

Some in Japan naming their kid "beth" probably seems weird too.

Names can be cultural.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-06-2017, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: How about Ivan?

Or Melania?

Smirk

Or Vontaze, Adriel Jeremiah, Giovani, Domata, Marquis, Darqueze, D'Brickashaw, D'Qwell, Mohamed... all those are ridiculous names and these people definitely should never be president.
(09-06-2017, 01:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My children do not have English names.  So I am obviously open to other names.  

Hey I do not begrudge anyone for naming their child whatever they wish.   But in the Lucie household and probably most others that is weird.

"It's ridiculous"
"why?"
"You can name your kid that"
"Why is it ridiculous"
"I'm open to names, it's weird"

So I guess I'll ask again, why is it weird/ridiculous/wrong?

(09-06-2017, 01:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, duh.

Some in Japan naming their kid "beth" probably seems weird too.

Names can be cultural.

Idk espn seems to have issue with asians being named Robert. Seems they only think asians should be name Chang.
(09-06-2017, 01:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "It's ridiculous"
"why?"
"You can name your kid that"
"Why is it ridiculous"
"I'm open to names, it's weird"

So I guess I'll ask again, why is it weird/ridiculous/wrong?

And I have told you more than once.
(09-06-2017, 01:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And I have told you more than once.

Sorry, you did say once that it's "ridiculous" because YOU would never name your son that. 

Why that matters for a man whose father was born in a culture where it's a common name is less clear, but to each their own. 

(09-06-2017, 01:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry, you did say once that it's "ridiculous" because YOU would never name your son that. 

Why that matters for a man whose father was born in a culture where it's a common name is less clear, but to each their own. 

It becomes clearer with context.
(09-06-2017, 01:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry, you did say once that it's "ridiculous" because YOU would never name your son that. 

Yes it is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as you arguing over a personal opinion.
(09-06-2017, 03:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes it is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as you arguing over a personal opinion.

You engaged me in conversation, not the other way around. You also stated as a fact that Presidents shouldn't be named "Hussein". Calling it your opinion came after questioning why. I'm still not sure why your opinion on names for your potential sons determines what a president should be named, but I can guess the root of all of this.

If people questioning your asinine prejudiced opinions bugs you, don't engage them with declarations that your views are facts.

(09-06-2017, 04:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You engaged me in conversation, not the other way around. You also stated as a fact that Presidents shouldn't be named "Hussein". Calling it your opinion came after questioning why. I'm still not sure why your opinion on names for your potential sons determines what a president should be named, but I can guess the root of all of this.

If people questioning your asinine prejudiced opinions bugs you, don't engage them with declarations that your views are facts.

If you think Hussein is a fine name then by all means go with it.

I said it was ridiculous and you can't seem to let that go.