Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Says Temper FA Expectattions
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26076476/rating-how-active-every-nfl-team-2019-free-agency

I know a lot of us hope they are wrong, but they say again our Bengals will not make us happy with FA signings in 2019.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not sure How it will go but hope they blow our minds. As long as Mike is still alive, the general opinion of the media will stay the same until we prove differently.

Reply/Quote
ESPN - Pffft! What do those fools know about the new era Bengals?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't believe anyone still watches ESPN....
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 05:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure How it will go but hope they blow our minds. As long as Mike is still alive, the general opinion of the media will stay the same until we prove differently.

Yep,

Only a deep playoff run will get MB stink off this team.
Reply/Quote
Just because they say so dosent mean it’s true but based off the Bengals history there probably right. I still believe that building through the draft is the best way to build a team. I agree that the Bengals should sign more impact free agents to supplement there draft picks. I’m not talking about crazy contracts just ones that make sense and aren’t for washed up bums. I would be happy if we resigned Dennard and offerd Eifert a similar deal to last season. We have to many needs to add corner to the list, if we don’t resign Dennard Darius Phillips would be our 3rd corner right now. I think we should spend our money on one of the top free agent linebacker in guys like Mosely, Barr, Hicks, etc. and Address OT at pick 11.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 05:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26076476/rating-how-active-every-nfl-team-2019-free-agency

I know a lot of us hope they are wrong, but they say again our Bengals will not make us happy with FA signings in 2019.

It is ESPN, i highly doubt a new HC like Zac will do the same thing that our prior HC did that resulted in failure...

We need 4 more starters on the O-line and at LB'er. I am willing to bet that we get atleast 2 of them in FA.
Reply/Quote
They really went out on a limb with that one....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I hope they sign a guy like Darryl Williams at RT but other than that free agency seems to be dull this season. Would rather re sign Dennard, CJ, and Eifert then break the bank on a free agent from another team. I would also look too the cut list for players as well. Always a couple of hidden gems there.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
FA is a two way street. It does us no good to be willing to sign these guys if they have no desire to play here. This is a problem created by Mike Brown over a number of years. Now, good players who have options will generally find those options to be more attractive than the Queen City. I don’t see any cure for that outside of winning. We’re going to have to turn this thing around via the draft. I hope Zac and crew are up to the challenge.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 05:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can't believe anyone still watches ESPN....

To be fair, the person who provided info about Bengals' planned activity (or lack thereof) is Kat Terrell, the ESPN reporter who has been with the Bengals all season. They didn't just have some national media person comment about every team. Because of her experience to the team more directly, I believe her.

EDIT - After fully reading her comments, it's pure speculation based on past trends at this point. No indication that she's heard how the Bengals will actually be this year.
Kat Terrell Wrote:It's hard to say exactly how active the Bengals will be with an entirely new coaching staff, but their general strategy in the past has been to build through the draft. The Bengals did try to go after safety Kurt Coleman last year, showing they might be budging a little on that. However, they have several of their own players to re-sign, so their top focus will likely be doing that rather than going after other free agents. -- Katherine Terrell
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Alright! If ESPN is reporting it, that means we can expect big things in FA this season! This just set my mind at ease.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 05:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26076476/rating-how-active-every-nfl-team-2019-free-agency

It's pretty hard to temper my expectations of the Bengals in free agency cause I already expect so little out of the front office.

I don't even expect them to try and make a decent trade to bring anyone in.

Reply/Quote

It's hard to say exactly how active the Bengals will be with an entirely new coaching staff,

If that is the very first sentence of the blurb, is that really ESPN saying temper expectations?   Call me crazy but that reads like nobody really knows. What I see is a speculator speculating. I guess there are other ways to interpret that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 09:46 PM)McC Wrote: It's hard to say exactly how active the Bengals will be with an entirely new coaching staff,

If that is the very first sentence of the blurb, is that really ESPN saying temper expectations?   Call me crazy but that reads like nobody really knows. What I see is a speculator speculating.  I guess there are other ways to interpret that?

I actually would think that the 1st year will be their most active in free agency under a new staff. I think that's a common thing around the NFL. Give the new coach some nice new weapons.

Hicks and Fort at LB is what I'd LOVE to see.
Reply/Quote
It’s nothing new tho so it’s easy lazy reporting Mike sets it up for them every yesr
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
The same ESPN that insisted Hue Jackson would be the next Bengals' head coach?

They have no idea what the Bengals are going to do and are just playing the odds.
Reply/Quote
The thing that frustrates me with this team is they pride themselves on building through the draft. Ok well what have we built to justify doing things the same way. Sure we had some great players over the years but what has this method got us. You want to build through the draft fine, but when the team has more major needs than any realistic amount of draft picks that may pan out can fill you have to dip into F/A. Take the Oline, we can roll the dice and end up with another Og/Fisher or get a proven OT in FA's so we can use that first pick on another need or just BPA. I know some free agents are available for a reason but when that guy comes along that was let go due to financial reasons etc we have to pick them up. Would love to fill 2 or even 3 needs before the draft so we can go BPA. And if it happens to be a QB in round 1 so be it.
Reply/Quote
Dehner has also mentioned that free agency will probably resemble past years activity.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 01:50 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dehner has also mentioned that free agency will probably resemble past years activity.

Are there even any FA LBers over 35 available?
Reply/Quote