Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ESPN Season Predictions: Faith In Us!
ESPN had a number of their "experts" make predictions for the 2024 season, and two pick us to make the Super Bowl, with one having us win it!

Quote:Matt Bowen, NFL analyst: Packers over Bengals. A healthy quarterback Joe Burrow will put the Bengals back in the mix as one of the top teams in the AFC. It's the Packers, however, who win the Super Bowl because of quarterback Jordan Love's difference-making ability and a change in defensive philosophy under new coordinator Jeff Hafley.

I will admit that Love is solid and will probably win the MVP, but I think that's just because they're such a historical team and we're use, but I'd take Burrow in the big game over Love every day of the week and twice on Super Bowl Sunday.

Quote:Dan Graziano, national NFL writer: Bengals over Lions. Obviously, this is a bold exercise at this point, so I'm putting two teams in the Super Bowl who've never won it and banking on someone making history. (Even though the real answer is probably the Chiefs making a different kind of history.) Assuming Burrow is 100% healthy from his thumb injury, Cincinnati has a loaded roster (that went 9-8 in 2023 because Burrow got hurt) and gets to play a last-place schedule. And the Lions, who came closer to the Super Bowl without getting there than many, return with their coaching staff intact and should improve on defense through free agency and the draft.

Love hearing him say that we have a loaded roster and he's right because, as long as we can offer Burrow at least some protection from the pass rush, he'll tear the league apart!

After Burrow getting killed so much and still getting us to the Super Bowl and AFCC, I do have faith that we can at least get back there if we can protect Burrow, but the line is still my biggest concern for this team and the only thing holding us back from being a dynasty.

Regardless, it's nice to see us getting some love and recognition.
Reply/Quote
I thought we didn't trust ESPN because they are owned by the same company as Faux news
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I thought we didn't trust ESPN because they are owned by the same company as Faux news

It’s a day to day thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I thought we didn't trust ESPN because they are owned by the same company as Faux news

Trust when good. Dislike when bad.
Reply/Quote
I dont get the Love love. He's good. MVP all of a sudden after winning a playoff game? Baker Mayfield, is no lie, better than Love is right now.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Dan Graziano mentions "assuming Burrow is 100% healthy from his thumb injury." Thumb injury, not wrist or hand? Hard to have faith in his prediction after that.
Reply/Quote

Sorta like PFF. If we agree with the rating; it's a good source. If we disagree it's "stupid"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

(02-17-2024, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorta like PFF. If we agree with the rating; it's a good source. If we disagree it's "stupid"

Normally, I'd agree with both of you, but these were done by analysts that were just posting their opinions, not rankings or fluff pieces created just for clicks.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorta like PFF. If we agree with the rating; it's a good source. If we disagree it's "stupid"

LOL so true
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 07:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: Dan Graziano mentions "assuming Burrow is 100% healthy from his thumb injury."  Thumb injury, not wrist or hand?  Hard to have faith in his prediction after that.

I guess we are "hiding" injuries again?  No idea who the thumb source is...

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I dont get the Love love. He's good. MVP all of a sudden after winning a playoff game? Baker Mayfield, is no lie, better than Love is right now.

I was thinking the same thing, Love = MVP??? 
Reply/Quote
Way too early to predict 2024. ESPN just creating some talking points. If the Bengals remain healthy, no reason we don't win the Super Bowl.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2024, 12:29 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Way too early to predict 2024. ESPN just creating some talking points. If the Bengals remain healthy, no reason we don't win the Super Bowl.

Offensive line. 

Even if we improve the talent, we still have Pollack coaching.
Reply/Quote

Umm, Disney owns ESPN. Fox News is owned Fox Corporation. 

[Image: 2c1d591a0ee5743ac8e031bc5f6b169f.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Disney does'nt own Faux News Network (FascistprOpagandanetworX) they only own 20th Century Fox Studios & TV side of it. Faux News & sports was not part of deal. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN had a number of their "experts" make predictions for the 2024 season, and two pick us to make the Super Bowl, with one having us win it!

I will admit that Love is solid and will probably win the MVP, but I think that's just because they're such a historical team and we're use, but I'd take Burrow in the big game over Love every day of the week and twice on Super Bowl Sunday.

Love hearing him say that we have a loaded roster and he's right because, as long as we can offer Burrow at least some protection from the pass rush, he'll tear the league apart!

After Burrow getting killed so much and still getting us to the Super Bowl and AFCC, I do have faith that we can at least get back there if we can protect Burrow, but the line is still my biggest concern for this team and the only thing holding us back from being a dynasty.

Regardless, it's nice to see us getting some love and recognition.

Of course I agree with Graziano. Bengals over Lions in the next Super Bowl is my prediction as well. It is time. I have been hearing a lot of
recognition from a lot of people I don't like though, which gives me pause. When Stephen A Smith is praising Burrow and our team and saying
good things about us it makes me wonder lol
Reply/Quote