Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
(03-28-2019, 08:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: But McRib? Mmm :drool:

Im a closet McRib fan, I'll admit!

But I like to make my own on my grill. Get some ground pork, season it up, shape into patties, season, and grill away. Slather with favorite BBQ sauce, put on a good bun with onions and pickles, yay!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst thing about his comment was the smug tone of voice.  Does not sound professional at all.

And even if I agreed with the points he made he never explained why we had to sign Hart for THREE YEARS.  No free agent RTs this year?  Guess what, they have new free agents every year, dumbass.

Guys...let's try to not be so negative about the Bengals. We haven't even had the draft yet. This may be our year to win the Super Bowl!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Guys...let's try to not be so negative about the Bengals. We haven't even had the draft yet. This may be our year to win the Super Bowl!  Hilarious

ZT will get the best out of these guys. Thank God Troy isn’t on the field on game day.

Reply/Quote
A bunch of haters you all are:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
A bunch of haters in this thread unable to recognize greatness when they see it!

Reply/Quote
WOW! He sounds like an ass. Why didn't he just say, look we signed Hart and we know he's not a fan favorite or an elite player but we will continue to find that guy. If we feel he's a draft prospect we will do whatever it takes to get him. Same goes for FA's or teams willing to trade. We will continue to get better not only at OT but every position.

What's he's saying is screw you, FA's are FA's cause their over priced players (most are) their own teams don't want. As for the comment about the draft??? Lord I hope it's just a smoke screen cause if this front office thinks their fine with what they have on the line now we're screwed. They have to take an OT in round 1 or 2 cause Hart is garbage. Hell we really need Oline with the first 2 picks. But then again we see how that turned out last time. Screw it, we will f up the draft anyway.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:46 PM)TKUHL Wrote: WOW! He sounds like an ass. Why didn't he just say, look we signed Hart and we know he's not a fan favorite or an elite player but we will continue to find that guy. If we feel he's a draft prospect we will do whatever it takes to get him. Same goes for FA's or teams willing to trade. We will continue to get better not only at OT but every position.

What's he's saying is screw you, FA's are FA's cause their over priced players (most are) their own teams don't want. As for the comment about the draft??? Lord I hope it's just a smoke screen cause if this front office thinks their fine with what they have on the line now we're screwed. They have to take an OT in round 1 or 2 cause Hart is garbage. Hell we really need Oline with the first 2 picks. But then again we see how that turned out last time. Screw it, we will f up the draft anyway.

It's funny that he devalues draft picks in a way starting with 3rd Round picks basically admitting that you likely won't get a quality starter...when a huge part of the strategy is getting Compensatory picks that are like in the 6th and 7th Round. They're essentially worthless picks.

ie His words seemed to contradict the Comp Pick Strategy.
Reply/Quote
I swear if they march Nickerson out as a starter at linebacker this year.

Is there really a bigger F You to fans than that?

Hart is only the beginning.

There is absolutely no excuse. None. To retain Nickerson as a player, let alone as a starter.

These assholes better pick a LB and OT in the first two picks or I'm going to blow a gasket!

Get your shit together and stop being so ignorant and lazy you damn jerkoffs.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny that he devalues draft picks in a way starting with 3rd Round picks basically admitting that you likely won't get a quality starter...when a huge part of the strategy is getting Compensatory picks that are like in the 6th and 7th Round. They're essentially worthless picks.

Also how they've been touting about the draft and retaining their own for so many years and FA is the Devil.

So the draft isn't reliable but retaining bad talent that wasn't drafted is the model/model now.

Such a frickin' clown show.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny that he devalues draft picks in a way starting with 3rd Round picks basically admitting that you likely won't get a quality starter...when a huge part of the strategy is getting Compensatory picks that are like in the 6th and 7th Round. They're essentially worthless picks.

Yep, then downgrades a 7th rounder that has proven himself in the NFL...

(03-28-2019, 09:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I swear if they march Nickerson out as a starter at linebacker this year.

There is absolutely no excuse. None. To retain Nickerson as a player, let alone as a starter.

These assholes better pick a LB and OT in the first two picks or I'm going to blow a gasket!

(03-28-2019, 10:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Also how they've been touting about the draft and retaining their own for so many years and FA is the Devil.

So the draft isn't reliable but retaining bad talent that wasn't drafted is the model/model now.

Such a frickin' clown show.

Fred saying what he said says a lot and i have been a homer in the past and am baffled by this dude Troy.

Must be on pillz or some shit.

Hope now this guy has no say and Zac has it all cause this is crazy stuff coming out of his guys mouth.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I swear if they march Nickerson out as a starter at linebacker this year.

Gotta have that fast WR in one man.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny that he devalues draft picks in a way starting with 3rd Round picks basically admitting that you likely won't get a quality starter...when a huge part of the strategy is getting Compensatory picks that are like in the 6th and 7th Round. They're essentially worthless picks.

Exactly! We build through the draft! Yet he seems to think everyone past round 2 sucks. Also says their not going to approach FA in the way, well you know the way they got Hart. Team makes no sense. Just a family piggy Bank with no desire to win.
Reply/Quote
Boy, the front office must have caught a lot of crap for this Hart deal for Troy Blackburn to react this way or maybe he's just a prick? I know Ken Broo raked them over the coals' pretty good for Hart's new deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope now this guy has no say and Zac has it all cause this is crazy stuff coming out of his guys mouth.

Ehh, Zac's mouth hasn't exactly been spouting logical statements, either.  According to him Bobby Hart and Mike Brown are way better than any tangible evidence shows, and Jim Turner has been completely misunderstood and maligned by multiple people across multiple franchises for multiple reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I was sick of Marvin...but the amount of "Don't believe your eyes, don't look at the numbers, just believe what you hear from me" that has been coming from the front office and coaching staff lately is getting troubling/insulting.  I will say the guy told us to not believe our eyes when it comes to John Ross and we ate that up because it's what we wanted to hear, though.  I'll give him that one.

Anywho, there is still lots of off-season left, but IF IF IF IF IF Zac Taylor flops as a head coach we are going to have a wealth of stuff to look back on and say "No duh, the red flags were everywhere."
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:25 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Boy, the front office must have caught a lot of crap for this Hart deal for Troy Blackburn to react this way or maybe he's just a prick? I know Ken Broo raked them over the coals' pretty good for Hart's new deal.

You mean other than the entire NFL and the entire team fan base either laughing at them or screaming at them?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:43 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: You mean other than the entire NFL and the entire team fan base either laughing at them or screaming at them?

Yeah, them too! Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I mean he has a bit of a point but we still probably could of gotten someone better than Hart for at or near the same price...

This is the unanimous consensus.
Reply/Quote
H- Horrible
A- At
R- Right
T- Tackle

His name even spells it out for the front office and they still don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is the unanimous consensus.

I just want to know who we were bidding against for Hart?

I can't see other teams like 'Man we need Bobby Hart. Let's offer him a 3 year contract for up to $21 million!'
Reply/Quote