Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Week 8 Power Rankings
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/8

Funny when you consider Bengals were 5th last week and rose to 3 after a bye week. Last week the Cards were 4th after a loss and dropped to 6th this week after a win.

ESPN is just making this stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:24 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/8

Funny when you consider Bengals were 5th last week and rose to 3 after a bye week.  Last week the Cards were 4th after a loss and dropped to 6th this week after a win.

Just like CFB rankings.  They pump teams up, so that it makes for a better TV matchup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
ESPN had this team ranked 5th? Seriously?

Hilarious  LOL  Hilarious

Other than the Pack, Pats, and I presume Broncos, who else did they have in front of the Bengals?
Edit Nevermind.
Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ESPN had this team ranked 5th? Seriously?

Hilarious  LOL  Hilarious

Other than the Pack, Pats, and I presume Broncos, who else did they have in front of the Bengals?

It's cumulative scores amongst panelists, starting over from scratch, thus the stupid variation week to week.

NFL.com has one guy doing the rankings, he has to explain the moves every week as they compare to the previous week.  A little more logic to it, but not as much collaborative input.

That said, who cares? Rank them 32nd every week.
Reply/Quote
We are ranked #2 on Bleacher report Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:49 PM)TGISunday Wrote: It's cumulative scores amongst panelists, starting over from scratch, thus the stupid variation week to week.

NFL.com has one guy doing the rankings, he has to explain the moves every week as they compare to the previous week.  A little more logic to it, but not as much collaborative input.

That said, who cares? Rank them 32nd every week.

Ahh, thanks for explaining that. The truth is i only watch ESPN when they have a game on anymore. FWIW IMO the team at this point in time should be ranked #2.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:24 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/8

Funny when you consider Bengals were 5th last week and rose to 3 after a bye week.  Last week the Cards were 4th after a loss and dropped to 6th this week after a win.

How were the Cards 4th after getting beat by a team with a backup QB?
Reply/Quote
They're ranked #1 in the heart of Johnny Cupcakes, which is all that really matters.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Next week we'll still be 3rd with the winner of the Packers-Broncos game getting 2nd. Unless of course MIami does the impossible and beats New England on Thursday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:31 PM)pally Wrote: Next week we'll still be 3rd with the winner of the Packers-Broncos game getting 2nd.  Unless of course MIami does the impossible and beats New England on Thursday

There is a possibility there.  For some reason they have been pretty hot as of the last 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:13 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: For some reason they have been pretty hot as of the last 2 weeks.

Having a coach worth playing for who knows their shit can do that. 
Reply/Quote
One more bye week and we'll be up to #1.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How were the Cards 4th after getting beat by a team with a backup QB?

It's funny, because at least two of the voters wrote articles saying the same thing.  The Steelers actually dropped a spot from 9th to 10th after beating the Cardinals, while the Cards moved up 2 spots from 6th to 4th.  It made zero sense, and I'm sure the editors told the voters to pull their heads out of their asses.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just like CFB rankings.  They pump teams up, so that it makes for a better TV matchup.

Take it easy tiger.
Reply/Quote
We had a better bye week than the Broncos!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:13 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: There is a possibility there.  For some reason they have been pretty hot as of the last 2 weeks.

You can be a hot mess and still beat the Texans and Titans. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They're ranked #1 in the heart of Johnny Cupcakes, which is all that really matters.

And if Johnny says it is so, then I say it is so. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Funny when you consider Bengals were 5th last week and rose to 3 after a bye week. Last week the Cards were 4th after a loss and dropped to 6th this week after a win.

ESPN has been very reluctant to rank us higher....
Reply/Quote