Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ESPN may drop NFL
Isn't ESPN owned in vast majority by the Disney corporation? Can't say I'd mind seeing those latter day Nazi's take a hit in the wallet. Hardy har.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good.

F*** em.
Reply/Quote
The Horn is an alt-right news site that is clearly pushing Trumps agenda.

The headlines are even written like Trumps tweets.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:51 AM)Whatever Wrote: Making things worse is that the NFL has been losing revenue, and is set to lose a whole lot more, but stupidly increased the salary cap by huge chunks year after year.  Then, they put the cap floor in the current labor deal.  When the current labor deal is up, they are going to need to get rid of the floor and/or negotiate a reduction in the cap.  That's going to mean a prolonged lockout.

Mikey is salivating at that possibility.  Hello 90s, we hardly missed ya. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I never really cared for MNF anyway. I'd much rather NFL games be on Friday, Saturday, and mainly Sunday. But then again I don't care for high school football at all (do people actually care about that?) and I only care to watch college football games when it's two ranked teams and expected to be a good game.

Yes, love HS football and college as well. 

NFL is king but slipping quickly. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Probably a negotiating ploy by ESPN if story is real. Anyways it's not like the NFL would not have a ton of suitors.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ESPN has major issues in house and have alienated 50% of their fan base jumping into the political arena. The protests by the players also is a factor. I see the NFL empire financial empire starting to crumble with viewership declining over 20% the past 2 years and no end in sight to repair their tarnished record of allowing players to disrespect the flag and the country. The reality is they lost fans and lots of them and likely will taker years to recover them if they ever recover them.

I read 18%...but either way it's a sizable chunk. Attendance seems down as well, and the LA moves have been a colossal flop (who'da thunk it)?

The NFL is trending down. Looks like Mark Cuban was right all along.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Isn't ESPN owned in vast majority by the Disney corporation?  Can't say I'd mind seeing those latter day Nazi's take a hit in the wallet.  Hardy har.

ESPN is owned by Disney, yes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I read 18%...but either way it's a sizable chunk. Attendance seems down as well, and the LA moves have been a colossal flop (who'da thunk it)?

The NFL is trending down. Looks like Mark Cuban was right all along.

It's not like either of those teams were doing well in their previous city. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
ESPN, as with many other cable companies, is falling victim to cord-cutters. Their obvious left-wing agenda (although repeatedly denied by the company) hasn't helped their ratings either.
Reply/Quote
Make no mistake, the League is generating less revenue, but I wouldn't say they're losing money. They'll make less of a profit, but is $8 billion really that bad compared to $10 billion? The League and the owners are still making plenty of profit. Mike Brown will continue to cry poor, but he's still making a TON of money off of the Bengals even if the NFL is taking a hit.

The NFL is still incredibly profitable and will rake in BILLIONS in profit again this year.
Reply/Quote
I dropped ESPN a long time ago, had to sacrifice some other sports channels as well as it was part of the package. Even before they started getting more into the political stuff I never cared for their programing. No loss to me.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
NFL is ********, stream all the games for free, without a cable subscription and sell the add slots themselves. Make boat loads more money. Typical large company that is stuck in their ways and missing out on what technology can provide. Maybe sign a deal with Roku so the older folk can still watch on their tv for 20 bucks( or however much a roku costs ).
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The Horn is an alt-right news site that is clearly pushing Trumps agenda.

The headlines are even written like Trumps tweets.

IHeartRadio has reported this too and besides Trumo is a great president
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not so sure about that. I was at the game Sunday, we were playing a team less than 2 hours away, and the stadium was nowhere near full.....

Ain't nobody drivin' two hours for that shit!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Make no mistake, the League is generating less revenue, but I wouldn't say they're losing money. They'll make less of a profit, but is $8 billion really that bad compared to $10 billion? The League and the owners are still making plenty of profit. Mike Brown will continue to cry poor, but he's still making a TON of money off of the Bengals even if the NFL is taking a hit.

The NFL is still incredibly profitable and will rake in BILLIONS in profit again this year.

Agreed.  Personally, I find it a bit wacky that people complain about the same teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, both NY teams, being stuffed into the limelight constantly, as well as the presence of Roger Goddell (who sticks around because he makes the owners/NFL money, more than anything else) and then want to laugh at the NFL for making less money than before.

So if you are one of those types who complains that all the NFL does is talk about the Cowboys and Steelers...well, if the NFL badly needs to recuperate revenue be prepared to see nothing but the Bengals at 1pm broadcast around cincy only.  Then again, we're so bad in prime-time it would benefit us.
Reply/Quote
I watched ESPN for an hour Monday morning and I could have sworn I had CNN or Fox News on. They were talking about the anthem protests going on with the Texans. They we're going on about more political stuff it was like your a sports channel, you should not be talking politics on your channel.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Make no mistake, the League is generating less revenue, but I wouldn't say they're losing money. They'll make less of a profit, but is $8 billion really that bad compared to $10 billion? The League and the owners are still making plenty of profit. Mike Brown will continue to cry poor, but he's still making a TON of money off of the Bengals even if the NFL is taking a hit.

NFL makes majority of their revenue from huge TV and media contracts. Start removing competition (ESPN and 18.2 billion a year) and in the future revenue will start major declines. I am not sure when these TV contracts expire, but next round should be interesting as I see the NFL losing 25% to 30% of their new TV revenue contracts.

If that happens, revenue declines and so does the cap allocation as it is based on TV revenue.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:39 AM)Trademark Wrote: IHeartRadio has reported this too and besides Trumo is a great president

I don't know who Trumo is but he has to be better than Trump!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know who Trumo is but he has to be better than Trump!
Got the humor, but I bet you can't make a cogent argument of your own while lip-syncing MSNBC or CNN that President Trump is not a good president. ThumbsUp
Now, back to the real story........................................
Reply/Quote