Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN predicts veterans that could be cut
(06-18-2019, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one here knows if Boling will be released or not.  The only reason they would release him would be if he was unable to play due to injury.  His age or contract has nothing to do with it.  He is not that old (30) and he doesn't make too much money (less than $5 million).  In fact he is a bargain compared to what a lot of guys are getting in free agency this year.

at this point if hes not able to go come training camp...  Pup Him and see where he is after week 6
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And for the Bengals, they suggest that Clint Boling could be the one to get released.  They cited health issues and touched on Glenn moving to LG.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26941405/veterans-cut-the-nfl-32-teams

I don't see it. Two years ago Boling was our best lineman and he can play several positions. Unless his injury is such that he's never going to play the same again I see him as not only making the team, but also making starts this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Training camp is still a ways off so it's probably premature to write off Boling. We have no idea how the newly signed old guys will hang at this point. For all we know the rookies will really shine to send them all packing. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote