Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN ranks: Projecting next three season
(07-18-2018, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin is middle of the pack in career winning percentage and there are a few other head coaches that have never won a playoff game.

Don't see how he could be ranked 30th.

This was their ranking for the next 3 years.  After all these years with no playoff wins, losing a lot of games on SNF & MNF, not doing to good against the division's top team, and coming off of two losing seasons, I wont argue against their ranking. He may end up with a better career with quite of few of the current coaches ranked ahead of him, but as of right now looking ahead, it is what is imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 02:39 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: 100: A+ (Elite)

90: A (Great)

80: B (Very good)

70: C (Average)

60: D (Very bad)

50: F (Disastrous)

40: F- (The worst thing imaginable)

After averaging the results from the panelists, each of the five categories was weighted to create the overall score -- roster (30 percent), quarterback (20 percent), draft (15 percent), front office (15 percent) and coaching (20 percent). The result is a comprehensive ranking based on how well each team is positioned for the future.

Roster, 75.0, 19th
QB, 68.3, 29th
Coaching, 68.0, 30th
Draft, 76.7, 17th
Front Office, 71.0, 27th

What do you think?

QB and Roster are pathetically low, but have to agree with the rest.  Draft rankings are pointless until 5 years from the draft and if you look at what the Bengals got for essentially one pick in Rd 1 (Glenn and Price), they should be ranked at or near the top.  

Coaching could be ranked higher, but a lot is still really unknown.  Addition by subtraction in terms of Alexander, maybe, but a lot of the rest will have to prove their stuff works with the current roster.

I honestly have believed for some time that our roster has been one of the best, and we were held back by some horrible coaching.  Zampese should have never been OC, and I am very optimistic of what Lazor can do with an entire offseason.  What he accomplished in terms of altering blocking schemes and generating a rushing attack in-season was nothing short of amazing....oh, and he did it with a shuffled offensive line with two guys that started the season with no game experience. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our front office is ranked higher than our QB?

I call BS.

I concur counselor.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
ESPNs bread and butter is with the most eyeballs watching. There's no way in hell they're going to talk up the smaller market teams with inconsistent records over big market teams with similar records.. It's a numbers game pure and simple . The big market teams have more eyeballs to appeal to and ESPN stands nothing to lose by being wrong or by irritating the fans of the small market teams. In terms of sports ESPN isn't a niche market operation. 
It would be like the food network trying to continuously telling people about the many benefits of drinking mouse milk.. There's just not a huge market for mouse milk. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 09:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: ESpn sadly has become the biggest joke in all of sports media. I cant stomach that channel for 30 second unless my team is on and then its muted and thats the only way. I would guess that 90% of the ppl on this board would do a WAY better job at reporting sports than anyone the joke of a network has on it these days.

EsPNs ranking compared to my old JR High journalism club = 1%

You know it Bengaloo, they are the biggest joke of all jokes.

Here is just another bit of proof. For once this team makes all the right moves and they still suck according to the jokes.

Hey, fine with me, lets be under the radar and when ESPN is hating on us i like our chances to win much more.
Reply/Quote