Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN ranks WRs
In the ongoing ESPN survey of best at their positions, WRs got their turn in the sun. Ja'Marr Chase came in #3 behind Davonte Adams and Cooper Kupp.

3. Ja'Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals
Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: 8

Scouts who considered Chase the best all-around player in the 2021 draft are feeling validated in a big way. Chase dominated the voting outside of Adams and Kupp, receiving several No. 1 selections for his banner rookie year in which he burst onto the scene with 81 catches, 1,455 yards and 13 touchdowns.

"He might be the best in a year. He's got it all," an NFL personnel official said.

Chase is a walking splash play, with his 11.5 yards per target and 13 catches for 30 or more yards each ranking second in the NFL. His 658 yards after catch ranked third, and his catch rate over expectation (6.2%) tied Adams for sixth, per NFL Next Gen Stats.

He did all of this after sitting out his final year at LSU. And considering his chemistry with Bengals QB Joe Burrow, Chase is poised to contend for the top spot next year.

"He's 210 [pounds] but moves like an 190-pounder, strong as hell, fast as hell, great instincts," the exec said. "Ja'Marr is the next great one."

Tee Higgens received votes but not enough to qualify for a ranking

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'd say that's about right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 12:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say that's about right.

Yes, I would put him at 3rd myself right now behind Kupp and Devonte Adams.

Well done by espn.  Shocked
Reply/Quote
I get the ranking I guess, but if you are starting a team and pick Kupp over Chase...you'd be an idiot.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
that 2nd contract is gonna hurt
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 03:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that 2nd contract is gonna hurt

We have to get through Joe's first

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 03:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that 2nd contract is gonna hurt

Will be a bargain with inflation
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I get the ranking I guess, but if you are starting a team and pick Kupp over Chase...you'd be an idiot.

Yeah if you are getting the player right now there is no WR with higher upside than Ja'Marr no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 02:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I get the ranking I guess, but if you are starting a team and pick Kupp over Chase...you'd be an idiot.
I love JC, but Kupp just had arguably the best season for a WR in the History of the NFL. He also had the 2nd best Post Season in NFL history. I don't think I'd classify anyone as an idiot who took him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love JC, but Kupp just had arguably the best season for a WR in the History of the NFL. He also had the 2nd best Post Season in NFL history. I don't think I'd classify anyone as an idiot who took him. 

It is also likely the best season he will ever have.  Ja'Marr has more upside so if I had a choice between him and Kupp, I would go with him.  Not that I'm dissing Kupp, he is a helluva receiver

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 07:30 PM)pally Wrote: It is also likely the best season he will ever have.  Ja'Marr has more upside so if I had a choice between him and Kupp, I would go with him.  Not that I'm dissing Kupp, he is a helluva receiver

So you're saying the best regular season by a WR in the NFL, the 2nd best Postseason in the history of the NFL, winning a Superbowl, and earning Superbowl MVP is likely the best season he'll ever have? Going out on a limb there.

I'm simply pointing out that taking Cupp over JC would not make one an idiot. 

Quick question: Do you think Chase will ever have a season as good as Cupp just had? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 06:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love JC.

Awww. Love you too, bfine.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I heard on ESPN many NFL GM's expect Chase to be number 1 by end of season He is extremely gifted.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying the best regular season by a WR in the NFL, the 2nd best Postseason in the history of the NFL, winning a Superbowl, and earning Superbowl MVP is likely the best season he'll ever have? Going out on a limb there.

I'm simply pointing out that taking Cupp over JC would not make one an idiot. 

Quick question: Do you think Chase will ever have a season as good as Cupp just had? 

Not speaking for Pally but it wouldn't surprise me if Chase has a season as good or even better than Kupp.

He is THAT talented.

You are correct though, I wouldn't call anyone an idiot for taking Kupp over Chase.
Reply/Quote

This isn't about starting a team and projecting 4-5 years. It's about who's the best going into this season (based on last year and history) and I'm not sure how you could put anyone above Kupp after last year. 
Reply/Quote