Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's 7-Round Mock
ESPN released their seven-round mock, and I have mixed feelings.

1. Byron Murphy

Described as a wrecking ball in scouting reports online. Geno showed us how useful a tackle that can get a pass rush can be and also stop the run. Murphy can do both, which could be very beneficial since it's even more of a passing league now and he'd occupy blockers, freeing up other rushers.

2. Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington

Don't know how I feel about this pick. Some sights make it seem like he's not that reliable and can sometimes get alligator arms or just drop the ball for whatever reason. Others also make it seem like he's not the best route runner, which I want our #2 receiver to be precise in that aspect and be right where Burrow needs him to be.

3. Ben Sinnot TE Kansas State- Nate said he's his favorite tight end in the class and, if I didn't have a crippled man crush on Bowers, he'd be mine also. He doesn't seem to do anything great but he's good at just about everything with room to grow because I think he's the most athletic tight end behind Bowers. I think Burrow elevates his play, helps him reach his potential and release his abilities, and turns him into a stud. He's also a reliable safety outlet.

3b Christian Jones T Texas- Don't really like this pick. He needs to develop and we have Pollack, who I don't trust, and he struggles in space, which he'd need to block the outside backers of the division in space.

4. Decamerion Richardson CB Mississipi State- We need a corner and he's raw without any(?) interceptions, but he has all the talent and I think he could be a damn good corner. The question is do you trust our coaching staff to develop him?

5. Dillon Johnson RB Washington- I've had my eye on him for a while. He doesn't have the most athletic traits, but he's a downhill runner and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Can't be brought down by arm tackles and can find open running lanes. I think he's a great compliment to Moss and Brown and makes a difference as a rookie.

6. LaDarius Henderson G/T Michigan- I wouldn't trust him on the outside because he doesn't seem quick enough to block speed rushers but I like his run blocking at guard and being inside would help to mask his problem being beat in space.

7. Sam Hartman QB Notre Dame- Not a fan. Just doesn't impress me. Wasted pick.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
One thing about mock drafts is they seem to never pan out. ESPN is always off. I'll just wait until Thursday to see what happens.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Here is Walters Footballs current 7 rounder

18 - Cincinnati Bengals: J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama
49 - Cincinnati Bengals: T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
80 - Cincinnati Bengals: Max Melton, CB, Rutgers Image for RUT
97 - Cincinnati Bengals: Xavier Weaver, WR, Colorado Image for CU
115- Cincinnati Bengals: Nathaniel Watson, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State
149- Cincinnati Bengals: Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
194- Cincinnati Bengals: Erick All, TE, Iowa
214- Cincinnati Bengals: Justin Rogers, DT, Auburn
224- Cincinnati Bengals: Javon Foster, OT, Missouri
237- Cincinnati Bengals: Kyle Ostendorp, P, Arizona
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 08:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Here is Walters Footballs current 7 rounder

18 - Cincinnati Bengals: J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama
49 - Cincinnati Bengals: T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
80 - Cincinnati Bengals: Max Melton, CB, Rutgers Image for RUT
97 - Cincinnati Bengals: Xavier Weaver, WR, Colorado Image for CU
115- Cincinnati Bengals: Nathaniel Watson, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State
149- Cincinnati Bengals: Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
194- Cincinnati Bengals: Erick All, TE, Iowa
214- Cincinnati Bengals: Justin Rogers, DT, Auburn
224- Cincinnati Bengals: Javon Foster, OT, Missouri
237- Cincinnati Bengals: Kyle Ostendorp, P, Arizona

We need a defensive tackle but I've seen where Sweat will completely fall out of day two with his DUI arrest. With our past, we need to stay away from players with legal problems. 

If we can get him on day 3, I'd probably do that but no way I'm touching him in the second or third round.
Reply/Quote
No on any QB and no on receivers who aren’t excellent route runners. Gotta be where Joe expects you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 04:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No on any QB and no on receivers who aren’t excellent route runners. Gotta be where Joe expects you.

Exactly what I typed.

We need Burrow to be able to rely on receivers to be exactly where he expects them to be and I'll take that over speed or any other quality because Burrow doesn't need a receiver to be extra athletic to get open and make catches, but rather just be in the open spot where Burrow expects him to be.

I realize that athletic ability is important and a receiver needs it, but they're a dime a dozen, so I just want one that's reliable.
Reply/Quote