Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's All-Time Team
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27321515/tom-brady-joe-montana-choosing-nfl-greatest-ever-position

Gotta admit, I'm kind of shocked to see ESPN actually pick Munoz over Ogden and Roaf at LT.

Overall an interesting read for an opinion piece. Since the Bengals actually managed to land someone on the list figured y'all would enjoy it. 
Reply/Quote
I was all ready to flip out because they didn't pick Munoz, so now I'm leaving pleasantly surprised.
Reply/Quote
He deserves it. Tough but pleasant dude who works just as hard for community as he did in the game. 100% RESPECT!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals earning both OT slots
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 07:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He deserves it. Tough but pleasant dude who works just as hard for community as he did in the game. 100% RESPECT!

Yeah, but...but...that finger!!!

[Image: anthonymunozfinger.jpg]

[Image: disgusted014.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:46 PM)Ravage Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27321515/tom-brady-joe-montana-choosing-nfl-greatest-ever-position

Gotta admit, I'm kind of shocked to see ESPN actually pick Munoz over Ogden and Roaf at LT.

Overall an interesting read for an opinion piece. Since the Bengals actually managed to land someone on the list figured y'all would enjoy it. 

Munoz and Forrest Gregg?

I am shocked as well namely cause it is ESPN!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:46 PM)Ravage Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27321515/tom-brady-joe-montana-choosing-nfl-greatest-ever-position

Wasn't he 2nd overall on the NFL's All Time List?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Munoz and Forrest Gregg?

I am shocked as well namely cause it is ESPN!

And Paul Brown was on the HC list (granted more for work in Cleveland). But yeah, I loaded that article up all ready to be pissed about someone other than Anthony @ LT and was amazed, purely b/c of it being ESPN. Most of the other choices I'm good with too, namely Walter being one of the two RB's, there was nothing he couldn't do well and missed all of one game in his career. Sweetness was a baller.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:42 PM)Ravage Wrote: And Paul Brown was on the HC list (granted more for work in Cleveland). But yeah, I loaded that article up all ready to be pissed about someone other than Anthony @ LT and was amazed, purely b/c of it being ESPN. Most of the other choices I'm good with too, namely Walter being one of the two RB's, there was nothing he couldn't do well and missed all of one game in his career. Sweetness was a baller.

Yes. Love Walter Payton, him and of course Barry are my two favorite of all time. Earl Campbell was also amazing.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:42 PM)Ravage Wrote:  Walter being one of the two RB's, there was nothing he couldn't do well and missed all of one game in his career. Sweetness was a baller.

Very few people realize how small Payton was.  Same height at James Brooks (5'10").
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Very few people realize how small Payton was.  Same height at James Brooks (5'10").

Yeah, I met him when I was a little kid and he wasn't a huge imposing figure even to me as a 4 year old. Wonderful person too, always with a smile on his face and taking time to make fans happy. His retirement was the catalyst to me leaving the Bears and becoming a Bengals fan back in '88.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I thought they were going to NOT put him on there, lol.

Walter Jones is better than Ogden or Roaf anyways.

But yeah, Munoz is the best OLINEMAN in NFL history and nobody will ever beat him. Ever.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, I thought they were going to NOT put him on there, lol.

Walter Jones is better than Ogden or Roaf anyways.

But yeah, Munoz is the best OLINEMAN in NFL history and nobody will ever beat him. Ever.

I guess I could be accused of being a homer, but it’s crazy to me some even debate this. I got into a heated fight with a guy on another site a couple years ago when he tried to claim Larry Allen was the GOAT OL.

Reply/Quote
I think Reggie White was special. I do not understand why he was not considered unless i missed it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:29 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Reggie White was special. I do not understand why he was not considered unless i missed it.

He was the starting DE. First defensive player named.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 02:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was the starting DE. First defensive player named.

lol Damn, he was a Los Angeles Ram in the photo so I skipped it

I remember him only as a packer
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess I could be accused of being a homer, but it’s crazy to me some even debate this. I got into a heated fight with a guy on another site a couple years ago when he tried to claim Larry Allen was the GOAT OL.

Its funny; the VERY few conversations I have had, most people don't accuse me of being a homer and they lay off. Normally, if they're a younger fan, they don't know Munoz and then they go to someone else, but the people in the know, know lol.

Didn't Anthony go 8 years without a QB hit, let alone a sack or whatever? I mean, Walter Jones had the 7 year streak of no penalties, but he did give up a sack here and there.

Especially on a team that passed a ton and ran a shitload of plays (with no huddle and all that), that makes it even more impressive.

But yeah, Allen is up there too, clearly.

For an all-time line, I'd probably put:

LT- Munoz
LG- Allen
C- Dawson
RG- Bruce Matthews
RT- Jackie Slater

That's who I'd put; it also helps that olineman have gotten better as time has gone on, since the positions have become more important, as time goes on.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:36 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: lol Damn, he was a Los Angeles Ram in the photo so I skipped it

I remember him only as a packer

Reggie White was a Packer and an Eagle (and I guess a Panther late in his career although I don’t remember that)

Deacon Jones is the Rams player in the picture you saw.
Reply/Quote
Bruce Smith of the Bills always stood out to me as a great.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bruce Smith of the Bills always stood out to me as a great.

Superb player.

BUT! If he played the same amount of games as White/Greene/Doleman, he wouldn't have even been top 5 in sacks, let alone first.

Still a HOFer and legendary pass rusher, but not the same numbers.
Reply/Quote