Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN's starting line up
Coley took the time to predict his starters going into the season..

Cant say I disagree.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/23000/newcomers-brandon-lafell-tyler-boyd-fill-out-cincinnati-bengals-starting-lineup
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Barring injury moving forward, it seems about right.

I predict a few surprising moves. @ LB for example.

Reply/Quote
Cole going chalk.

Can't disagree; although, I'd like to see Westerman give Bodine a run.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Cole going chalk.

This.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Cole going chalk.

I dont think they are gonna pay Zeitler. I think Westerman is here to be groomed as his  replacement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 01:43 PM)jason Wrote: I dont think they are gonna pay Zeitler. I think Westerman is here to be groomed as his  replacement.

That would be stupid, imco, because I think Zeitler has been solid and Bodine's the weak link on this team in a division where the center plays an important role against monster nose tackles.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 01:43 PM)jason Wrote: I dont think they are gonna pay Zeitler. I think Westerman is here to be groomed as his  replacement.

I honestly hope not. I really like Westerman, but I take Zeitler over him every day. Granted, I think everyone would.

I actually anticipate Zeitler to be re-signed. Eifert and Kirkpatrick have to prove themselves this year. Zeitler has already proven he's earned a contract.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Nah they'll pay Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
Not giving up on Bodine at all but  wonder if they ever considered moving Zeitler to center. Crazy strong and light on his feet for a big guy.

Haven't really thought about it much just throwing it out there as a thought. (Then Westerman to RG)

Really don't want to lose Zeitler. He has been very solid for us. I consider him as a foundational type player.

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote

I'm actually kind of agreeing with the thought that maybe the Bengals don't want to pay him long term. The most recent FA really messed it up for them.

If they could pay him like Boling (or even slightly higher) at like $5.2m/yr or maybe even $6m/yr, they would.

But now you had two guards sign $8m/yr deals, and one guard sign an $11.7m/yr deal just this offseason, wrecking the balance of the market.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for the original point of the proposed starting lineup, I think it's pretty accurate other than......
-I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kroft instead of Eifert (due to Eifert's surgery)
-HB or FB instead of Boyd (Hewitt started 12 games last year, they like having a HB/FB on the field for the first snap)

Personal wishes, rather than realistic expectations...
-Someone other than Bodine at C, unless Bodine shows up ripped from hardcore offseason workouts.
-ANYONE other than Nugent. Dude is a perennial finisher in the 20s in FG accuracy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 02:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That would be stupid, imco, because I think Zeitler has been solid and Bodine's the weak link on this team in a division where the center plays an important role against monster nose tackles.

Eric Steinbach was more than solid. I want him back too, but they don't have a history of paying guards. I want to be wrong about this.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 03:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm actually kind of agreeing with the thought that maybe the Bengals don't want to pay him long term. The most recent FA really messed it up for them.

If they could pay him like Boling (or even slightly higher) at like $5.2m/yr or maybe even $6m/yr, they would.

But now you had two guards sign $8m/yr deals, and one guard sign an $11.7m/yr deal just this offseason, wrecking the balance of the market.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for the original point of the proposed starting lineup, I think it's pretty accurate other than......
-I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kroft instead of Eifert (due to Eifert's surgery)
-HB or FB instead of Boyd (Hewitt started 12 games last year, they like having a HB/FB on the field for the first snap)

Personal wishes, rather than realistic expectations...
-Someone other than Bodine at C, unless Bodine shows up ripped from hardcore offseason workouts.
-ANYONE other than Nugent. Dude is a perennial finisher in the 20s in FG accuracy.

Nugent has a 82 percent career field goal percentage completion in comparison Justin tucker the second most accurate kicked in history has a 88 percent field goal percentage
Reply/Quote
Hard to argue but agree with not minding if Bodine is beat out. Do not think it will happen though.

Would not mind if Dennard or Jackson III beat Kirkpatrick out either.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2016, 03:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hard to argue but agree with not minding if Bodine is beat out. Do not think it will happen though.

Would not mind if Dennard or Jackson III beat Kirkpatrick out either.

I watched the NFL Replay of the Bengals Steelers game from week 8. God did Antonio Brown tear up Kirkpatrick in the 1st quarter. The switch to Adam Jones on AB slowed the Steelers down a lot.

Reply/Quote

With two young tackles coming cheap for a few years, Z is going to get the money Whit is getting now, don't see Whit coming back on another one year deal.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 03:54 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: With two young tackles coming cheap for a few years, Z is going to get the money Whit is getting now, don't see Whit coming back on another one year deal.

I hope you're wrong about this. Fisher was drafted to fill in for Whit, not to replace him within 2-3 years. I think Whit will have to tell the Bengals when he thinks it's time to retire. He's the heart of that locker room. Mike's too loyal to just let him go.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'd bet Dennard is on PUP before he beats out Dre.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 04:04 AM)Shady Wrote: I hope you're wrong about this. Fisher was drafted to fill in for Whit, not to replace him within 2-3 years. I think Whit will have to tell the Bengals when he thinks it's time to retire. He's the heart of that locker room. Mike's too loyal to just let him go.  

Once upon a time I said the same thing about Willie Anderson, and we know how that turned out.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 07:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Once upon a time I said the same thing about Willie Anderson, and we know how that turned out.

Well the difference is Anderson's last Pro Bowl/All-Pro year was 2006 and he was cut because he wouldn't take a paycut in 2008.

Whitworth is still a Pro Bowler/All-Pro player and hasn't shown signs of decline.

But who knows. I'm hoping Whit stays here.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Every time an article gets written about who is next in line for an extension, Zeitler's name is always brought up. I would bet that they resign him.

We have a lot of rookie contracts on offense right now:

Boyd, Bodine, Ced, Fisher, Hill.

We will have the space, I'd be shocked if he isn't here long term.
Reply/Quote