Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN this morning
I never watch ESPN unless the Bengals are playing and its on that station, but this morning I thought I'd check and see what they are saying. Watched for 4 hours (well, I had it on but wouldn't really call it watching.) 90% of their time was devoted to the Cowboys losing, and everybody else shared the rest of the time. Now, the world is starting to notice what's going on in Cincy, and these guys dont want to be thought the total fools they are. So they went to great lengths to praise him without calling him the best QB in the league. Get this... he is not the best QB, he is the best player playing the position of QB.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I never listen to ESPN radio now that LeBatard is out but I tried it today on the way to work. How people listen to that shit on a Monday morning commute is beyond me. Keyshawn Johnson stinks out loud. It was a 20 minute drive and it was all about Dak Prescott.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:57 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I never listen to ESPN radio now that LeBatard is out but I tried it today on the way to work. How people listen to that shit on a Monday morning commute is beyond me. Keyshawn Johnson stinks out loud. It was a 20 minute drive and it was all about Dak Prescott.

Yeah, the whole morning was about Dak...
Reply/Quote
Guys go to Youtube and type in Cincinnati Bengals then filter to "today" - it's more worth your time than turning on a radio show.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:57 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I never listen to ESPN radio now that LeBatard is out but I tried it today on the way to work. How people listen to that shit on a Monday morning commute is beyond me. Keyshawn Johnson stinks out loud. It was a 20 minute drive and it was all about Dak Prescott.

Lebatard was the best thing on that network when he had that show.  I didn't listen religiously, but when I happened to tune in it was always funny.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't take it too seriously. Playoff Mondays are full of post-mortems. Fans are pissed and the media chews it up. They'll get back to the winners later in the week, when they'll have to start planting seeds for a Super Bowl that features a certain Joseph Lee Brrrrrr
Reply/Quote
My new truck has XM. The NFL channel is not half bad. Great to hit a button to restart the show then fast forward through 36 commercials
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:17 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Guys go to Youtube and type in Cincinnati Bengals then filter to "today" - it's more worth your time than turning on a radio show.

There was plenty of praise all around for sure, I was just noting the first slice of ESPN talking heads I’ve looked for in like 2 years was impossibly bad. I seriously don’t get how people subject themselves to it, and that was just 20 minutes.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are like charging your phone and looking at the green bar and it says 85%. Beat the Chiefs for the 4th straight time regardless of the Super Bowl we’ve ascended to the top over KC & the Bills. Just watching the Rich Eisen podcast somebody posted on here. I was laughing he said good grief his kids think the Bengals have always been good lol.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
ESPN is always going to talk about the big market/huge fan base teams because that’s what sells advertising. Also why I haven’t watched Sportscenter or listened to ESPN radio in many years.

Podcasts and YouTube have eliminated any reason for sports fans to be forcefed New York, Dallas, LA, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never watch ESPN unless the Bengals are playing and its on that station, but this morning I thought I'd check and see what they are saying. Watched for 4 hours (well, I had it on but wouldn't really call it watching.) 90% of their time was devoted to the Cowboys losing, and everybody else shared the rest of the time. Now, the world is starting to notice what's going on in Cincy, and these guys dont want to be thought the total fools they are. So they went to great lengths to praise him without calling him the best QB in the league. Get this... he is not the best QB, he is the best player playing the position of QB.... Hilarious

I just read Dan Orlavski saying Burrow is the best QB in the league. Mahomes is the best player, but he isn't the best QB.
Reply/Quote
NFL Network is also a pretty big joke.

I could see in the 90s and even the Palmer years because, aside from a few years, we never were too good (and only slightly above average in the Dalton/Green years), but it's still disgusting how little respect we get.

I understand that we're still not a big money-making franchise (but we are growing. I think I recently saw where we're like the 16th most popular media market), but we're a good team so give us some damn time!

NFL Network will spend twenty to thirty minutes each talking about the NFC side of the playoffs and the Chiefs game and Mahomes' injury, but then spend three minutes combined on our highlights and any additional talk about us, and half of that was about how Allen lost and is on the decline!
Reply/Quote
I don't do Disney.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just read Dan Orlavski saying Burrow is the best QB in the league. Mahomes is the best player, but he isn't the best QB.

ESPN producers: “Just say words.”

Just stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: NFL Network is also a pretty big joke.

I could see in the 90s and even the Palmer years because, aside from a few years, we never were too good (and only slightly above average in the Dalton/Green years), but it's still disgusting how little respect we get.

I understand that we're still not a big money-making franchise (but we are growing. I think I recently saw where we're like the 16th most popular media market), but we're a good team so give us some damn time!

NFL Network will spend twenty to thirty minutes each talking about the NFC side of the playoffs and the Chiefs game and Mahomes' injury, but then spend three minutes combined on our highlights and any additional talk about us, and half of that was about how Allen lost and is on the decline!

How could we not be? We have a stone cold assassin playing Quarterback who looks like he just finished filming Home Alone 5....
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I never watch ESPN unless the Bengals are playing and its on that station, but this morning I thought I'd check and see what they are saying. Watched for 4 hours (well, I had it on but wouldn't really call it watching.) 90% of their time was devoted to the Cowboys losing, and everybody else shared the rest of the time. Now, the world is starting to notice what's going on in Cincy, and these guys dont want to be thought the total fools they are. So they went to great lengths to praise him without calling him the best QB in the league. Get this... he is not the best QB, he is the best player playing the position of QB.... Hilarious

Yes, what I keep hearing is he is the best QB that is healthy right now. lol
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just read Dan Orlavski saying Burrow is the best QB in the league. Mahomes is the best player, but he isn't the best QB.

Dude's gotta qualify his answers. XD
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I like to listen to Pat McAfee on Youtube...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:24 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: NFL Network will spend twenty to thirty minutes each talking about the NFC side of the playoffs and the Chiefs game and Mahomes' injury, but then spend three minutes combined on our highlights and any additional talk about us, and half of that was about how Allen lost and is on the decline!

Perhaps the NFL should take a page from the CBS broadcasting playbook, as it pertains to their coverage of the NCAA tournament.  Every year in March Madness, they find the Cinderella story teams, and promote the hell out of them.  The logical world knows that the underdogs seldom even make it to the final 4, let alone win the whole thing; So why waste all of that broadcast time on them?  Because they are bringing a lot more eyeballs to the screen than if they were only to trumpet the power programs.  They realized that fans of traditional powerhouse teams are going to be tuning in, no matter what.  They realized that it was the casual observer who's attention they needed to attract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:23 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: ESPN is always going to talk about the big market/huge fan base teams because that’s what sells advertising. Also why I haven’t watched Sportscenter or listened to ESPN radio in many years.

Podcasts and YouTube have eliminated any reason for sports fans to be forcefed New York, Dallas, LA, etc.

There are multiple teams with similar or even smaller market sizes that get more coverage than the Bengals. Tampa Bay and Buffalo might be the most egregious examples.
Reply/Quote