Nasir Adderley-S
Deebo Samuel-WR
DK Metcalf-WR
Mike Sanders- RB
Taylor Rapp-S
Chase Winovich-DE

So after taking OT in 1, I think we are looking at QB, CB, TE, S, WR, RB,DE
I think they may be leaning Defense which would be CB, S or DE
Nasir Adderley or Taylor Rapp are both linebacker size safeties with good speed, good athletes for Bengals in nickle D 80% of time to cover run and pass.

The new coaches could go different ways here. There is good 2. Don't rule out new coach on QB, WR or RB pick.

ESPN shows the linebackers left are 3rd round. Do Bengals go LB in 3, or is there a LB new coaches like in 2
We Find Out Friday.

For those saying, " What about Linebacker " ?.....ESPN shows Round 3 may hold Ben Banogu, D'Andre Walker, Jahlani Tavai, Bobby Okereke, Germaine Pratt.....D'Andre Walker is Georgia and Bengals have liked Georgia players in past, of course this is New Dey.

So names that stand out to me in 2 and 3 are Adderley, Rapp, Walker, but the main thing is, Who Does Coach Taylor Like ? It's his team now. GO BENGALS

Could the draft start #1 OT, #2 DB, #3 LB ?????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think we have to stick with our boards but I would not say CB or S is a need. As you said LB is not really there so I think we go BPA. I do think Will Grier could be in sight if we go QB. WR would not be insane either but as you said lets see tomorrow night. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:38 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I think we have to stick with our boards but I would not say CB or S is a need. As you said LB is not really there so I think we go BPA. I do think Will Grier could be in sight if we go QB. WR would not be insane either but as you said lets see tomorrow night. Who Dey

I don't see us going O Line again, so that eliminates 3 of the 15.  I have no idea what Bengals Board is.  ESPN board shows Bengals New Coach has a lot of options.  They may even have a LB in their top 15 that ESPN doesn't.  Round 2 could bring a DB, or a WR, or a RB, or a QB, or a TE, or a DE.  Anything can happen with taking the Coach Lewis off the shelf and putting the Coach Taylor on the shelf.  The new coaches going Best Athlete could be any position. They may not play around and grab a LB they want in 2 so some other team doesn't beat them out in 3. D'Andre Walker of Georgia starting to sound like a possible LB after round 1. More SEC and nothing wrong with that. If the Bengals draft SEC in 1 and 2, I won't complain.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Paris Campbell would be very nice.. Peter Warrick 2.0
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:55 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't see us going O Line again, so that eliminates 3 of the 15.  I have no idea what Bengals Board is.  ESPN board shows Bengals New Coach has a lot of options.  They may even have a LB in their top 15 that ESPN doesn't.  Round 2 could bring a DB, or a WR, or a RB, or a QB, or a TE, or a DE.  Anything can happen with taking the Coach Lewis off the shelf and putting the Coach Taylor on the shelf.  The new coaches going Best Athlete could be any position. They may not play around and grab a LB they want in 2 so some other team doesn't beat them out in 3.   D'Andre Walker of Georgia starting to sound like a possible LB after round 1. More SEC and nothing wrong with that.  If the Bengals draft SEC in 1 and 2, I won't complain.

I agree. If we have a LB we want we should get him not hope he falls. But so far so good. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 04:55 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I agree. If we have a LB we want we should get him not hope he falls. But so far so good. 

Drafting a LBer here is going to hopefully fill one of our glaring needs but with all the top talent here the best thing may be to trade back and get extra picks or even trade up and hope get another first round talent. 
Reply/Quote
As I said yesterday, I felt like we were going to go T in the first and QB in later rounds, with Grier probably high up the list. QBs went like expected yesterday, except 6 & 15 were swapped from what people were guessing. I think the Bengals may go ahead and take one in the second.

I'm ok with it, but I like defenses. Our offense was operational, our defense wasn't good. I'd have rather we went with defense in a defense loaded draft, but I get the organization (and probably the new coach) want an explosive offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Id take Ya Sin or Greedy in a heart beat. But if my man Jawaan Taylor is there then we have a problem.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There are a ton of corners and WR’s here. I love Juan Thornhill and many evaluators have him in the first.

I can’t imagine Cody Ford is still on the board but how do you pass him? Jawaan Taylor apparently has a questionable knee.

I like Jaylon Ferguson on the Edge who slug because of character concerns but that doesn’t bother us NewDay folks right? Looking at you coach Turner.

There is a center prospect I like better than Price.

I think Paris Campbell is like John Ross, but him or Deebo seem like the type of players Taylor will want for his offensive with big YAC ability. I like Deebo a lot and bet the Bengals do.

Best guess is a corner but really who knows.
Reply/Quote
If we grab our linebacker here it opens up the rest of the entire draft for us to basically go BPA. I say we grab Mack Wilson and be done with it. Remember Vigil brown evans and jefferson those are our linebackers. atrocious! But i will concede there is alot of projected first round talent on the board still so tonight will be interesting. Love the Jonah Williams pick now. steelers really got under my skin with their trade up but i guess thats what we get for our William Jackson selection a few years back. we need to remedy tittsburgs move by taking Mack wilson imo here.
Reply/Quote
People really bought into this Jawaan Taylor hype on this forum. Jawaan Taylor is not a bad player, but can we stop acting like he's a top 10 talent because he never was. As for people saying corner is not a need to remember that Dre Kirkpatrick is on the last year of his guaranteed portion of his contract and he has not been playing well. There are several really good system corners that could be stars for this team.

my biggest nightmare situation day 2 is drafting drew lock. I seriously cannot stand that kid's face he looks like a big entitled man baby who has never won a big game in his life. Born loser imo

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: If we grab our linebacker here it opens up the rest of the entire draft for us to basically go BPA.  I say we grab Mack Wilson and be done with it.  Remember Vigil brown evans and jefferson those are our linebackers.  atrocious!  But i will concede there is alot of projected first round talent on the board still so tonight will be interesting.  Love the Jonah Williams pick now.  steelers really got under my skin with their trade up but i guess thats what we get for our William Jackson selection a few years back.  we need to remedy tittsburgs move by taking Mack wilson imo here.

Yes, that's what we need is a slow linebacker with questionable attitude.  Have you ever considered there is a reason why a guy once considered a possible first-round pick is screaming down boards in one of the weakest linebacker drafts in history?  I wouldn't touch him till the maybe the 3rd round and that's a big maybe depending on who's there on the board.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:43 AM)Okeana Wrote: Yes, that's what we need is a slow linebacker with questionable attitude.  Have you ever considered there is a reason why a guy once considered a possible first-round pick is screaming down boards in one of the weakest linebacker drafts in history?  I wouldn't touch him till the maybe the 3rd round and that's a big maybe depending on who's there on the board.

He ran the same 40 as CJ Mosley, his speed issues are over played. You could make the "screaming down boards" argument about 10 guys are so that are on the board still that many thought would go in the 1st round. He is a three down back that if we get him in the 2nd I am happy, but if we get him in the 3rd I'm going to be doing back flips. 

One thing that maybe makes my evaluation of him a little different, I see him more as a WILL who doesn't need to be as aggressive down hill and can chase from behind a bit more.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: He ran the same 40 as CJ Mosley, his speed issues are over played. You could make the "screaming down boards" argument about 10 guys are so that are on the board still that many thought would go in the 1st round. He is a three down back that if we get him in the 2nd I am happy, but if we get him in the 3rd I'm going to be doing back flips. 

One thing that maybe makes my evaluation of him a little different, I see him more as a WILL who doesn't need to be as aggressive down hill and can chase from behind a bit more.

yea you have always had an obsession with Mack I can remember you talking how about you would draft him over Bush in the second round months ago...  Chalk one up for me =)

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:39 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: If we grab our linebacker here it opens up the rest of the entire draft for us to basically go BPA.  I say we grab Mack Wilson and be done with it.  Remember Vigil brown evans and jefferson those are our linebackers.  atrocious!  But i will concede there is alot of projected first round talent on the board still so tonight will be interesting.  Love the Jonah Williams pick now.  steelers really got under my skin with their trade up but i guess thats what we get for our William Jackson selection a few years back.  we need to remedy tittsburgs move by taking Mack wilson imo here.

Agree,

As bad as our D was last season if Wilson is there I don't know how we can pass ? It's just to giant a need to chance him being there in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:39 AM)Okeana Wrote: People really bought into this Jawaan Taylor hype on this forum.  Jawaan Taylor is not a bad player, but can we stop acting like he's a top 10 talent because he never was.  As for people saying corner is not a need to remember that Dre Kirkpatrick is on the last year of his guaranteed portion of his contract and he has not been playing well.  There are several really good system corners that could be stars for this team.  

my biggest nightmare situation day 2 is drafting drew lock.  I seriously cannot stand that kid's face he looks like a big entitled man baby who has never won a big game in his life.  Born loser imo

I think lock is a consideration for the Bengals. My guess is zt will like Grier's accuracy and figure he can overcome his mechanics issues. But lock could be an option as he's probably going to be able to play sooner than Grier.

And I wouldn't rule out cb. This team loves drafting them. I just think the organization is looking to build up the offense first, so I'm leaning qb or te. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

As bad as our D was last season if Wilson is there I don't know how we can pass ? It's just to giant a need to chance him being there in the 3rd.

with everyone needing, linebacker don't be surprised when someone moves up in front of us to draft another haha.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:52 AM)Okeana Wrote: yea you have always had an obsession with Mack I can remember you talking how about you would draft him over Bush in the second round months ago...  Chalk one up for me =)

I actually had Bush in the 1st before you....chalk that one up to me.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually had Bush in the 1st before you....chalk that one up to me.  Ninja

Proof and was I even posting on the forums during that time you made these " predictions "

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:57 AM)Okeana Wrote: Proof and was I even posting on the forums during that time you made these " predictions "

On 1-30 you claimed he'd be a 2nd round pick even as late as 3-06 you claimed he was a 2nd round pick. I mentioned him as a first round pick on 1-14.
Reply/Quote