Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN top 15 on board for Round 2
(04-26-2019, 10:02 AM)Au165 Wrote: On 1-30 you claimed he'd be a 2nd round pick even as late as 3-06 you claimed he was a 2nd round pick. I mentioned him as a first round pick on 1-14.

no, I never said he was a 2nd round pick I said I would take him in the 2nd round and I consistently mocked him there.  every time I talked about him as a player in a specific range I said he was a top 20 pick.  Remember that during this time period everyone was still consistent that Devin White would fall to us at 11 and it wasn't till after the combine that everyone started adjusting their big boards to reflect his and Bush's value correctly.  

Still haven't shown me proof on ur claims however =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:08 AM)Okeana Wrote: no, I never said he was a 2nd round pick I said I would take him in the 2nd round and I consistently mocked him there.  every time I talked about him as a player in a specific range I said he was a top 20 pick.  Remember that during this time period everyone was still consistent that Devin White would fall to us at 11 and it wasn't till after the combine that everyone started adjusting their big boards to reflect his and Bush's value correctly.  

As normal we will agree to disagree here. If you mock a guy for 3 months in the 2nd you think he is a 2nd.
Reply/Quote
If Irv Smith is there in the 2nd, that's a tantalizing pick for me. He averaged more YPC and had more TD's than Hockenson last year. I don't think there's a LB worthy of taking at pick 42.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:11 AM)Fullrock Wrote: If Irv Smith is there in the 2nd, that's a tantalizing pick for me. He averaged more YPC and had more TD's than Hockenson last year. I don't think there's a LB worthy of taking at pick 42.

I like him, but I like the next tier of TE's better from a value position. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: As normal we will agree to disagree here. If you mock a guy for 3 months in the 2nd you think he is a 2nd.

haha that's what i thought 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:12 AM)Okeana Wrote: haha that's what i thought 

The receipts are in your mocks, you know where to find them  ThumbsUp.

Okeana
01-30-2019, 05:23 PM
sign me up. I think devin bush may be the better 2nd round LB if he falls, but who knows

...sure looks like you are calling him a 2nd rd linebacker.
Reply/Quote
Sign me up for Dalton Risner or Mack Wilson or Irv Smith here in the 2nd.  I don't care what Mel Kiper, the fraud, big board looks like.  Those are three guys that should be on any board.  Plus this is the point in the draft that things get a little weird.  

“The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.”

Hunter S. Thompson
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: The receipts are in your mocks, you know where to find them  ThumbsUp.

Okeana
01-30-2019, 05:23 PM
sign me up. I think devin bush may be the better 2nd round LB if he falls, but who knows

...sure looks like you are calling him a 2nd rd linebacker.

yep exactly he was my 2nd linebacker behind Devin Bush and as I evaluated more and more talent the higher he moved up considering the gap in talent.   Just as every talent evaluator should.  Again where is the proof you evaluated him higher during this time frame that's all the proof  I need

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:21 AM)Okeana Wrote: yep exactly he was my 2nd linebacker behind Devin Bush and as I evaluated more and more talent the higher he moved up considering the gap in talent.   Just as every talent evaluator should.  Again where is the proof you evaluated him higher during this time frame that's all the proof  I need

Au165 01-14-2019, 09:59 AM

To be fair Vander Esch was a late riser last year. Most saw him as a late 1st maybe early 2nd then he ended up going 19th which most people would have said was a bit high. There could be a late riser or two here, especially after people were tepid to pull the trigger in the 1st on Leonard last year because he came from a small school but see how big of an impact he made.  I could see Devin Bush of Michigan being the late riser this year with a blazing combine, sneaks into the bottom of the 1st or beyond. 

People have undervalued stack linebackers for a while now but the rejuvenation of Dallas's defense on the back of two young fast linebackers may cause a bit of a rebound effect.
Reply/Quote
Give me Metcalf, Samuel or Campbell in the second and then Cashman, Barton, Joseph, Pratt, Burr-Kirven or Coney in third. Maybe even double dip on these LBs if one slides to the later rounds that you like.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Au165 01-14-2019, 09:59 AM

To be fair Vander Esch was a late riser last year. Most saw him as a late 1st maybe early 2nd then he ended up going 19th which most people would have said was a bit high. There could be a late riser or two here, especially after people were tepid to pull the trigger in the 1st on Leonard last year because he came from a small school but see how big of an impact he made.  I could see Devin Bush of Michigan being the late riser this year with a blazing combine, sneaks into the bottom of the 1st or beyond. 

People have undervalued stack linebackers for a while now but the rejuvenation of Dallas's defense on the back of two young fast linebackers may cause a bit of a rebound effect.

oh man, now that's a screaming endoursement congrats you were first to predict his rise into the bottom of the first or beyond =)  thanks for entertaining me while drinking my coffee =) 

Reply/Quote
I know safety isn't a need but damn do I like Adderely and Thornhill.

Aj Brown and Deebo Samuel would be fun too. But I doubt Brown makes it that far.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:34 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I know safety isn't a need but damn do I like Adderely and Thornhill.

Aj Brown and Deebo Samuel would be fun too. But I doubt Brown makes it that far.

AJ Green and AJ Brown on the field at the same time would be nuts!! We could call them the "Crayola Guys"!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:47 AM)sandwedge Wrote: AJ Green and AJ Brown on the field at the same time would be nuts!! We could call them the "Crayola Guys"!

AJ Baby Poop! Okay that name needs work....sorry just had a kid. 
Reply/Quote
I'm in the CB boat if guys like Greedy Williams or Byron Murphy are there. Funny how I really didn't scout them much due to need. I wonder how they show up on the Bengals board
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm in the CB boat is guys like Greedy Williams or Byron Murphy are there.  Funny how I really didn't scout them much due to need.  I wonder how they show up on the Bengals board

Depends what they are trying to do on the outside. If they wanted to run an aggressive man scheme Williams would be a great pick. If it's more of a mix shading more to the zone side then it should be Murphy.  I think with WJ3 and Dennard going with a heavy man scheme and Williams would make a ton of sense. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Jawaan Taylor-OT
Drew Lock-QB
Cody Ford-OT
Byron Murphy-CB
Greedy Williams-CB
Ryan Finley-QB
Rock Ya-Sin-CB
Irv Smith-TE
Erick McCoy-C
Nasir Adderley-S
Deebo Samuel-WR
DK Metcalf-WR
Mike Sanders- RB
Taylor Rapp-S
Chase Winovich-DE

So after taking OT in 1, I think we are looking at QB, CB, TE, S, WR, RB,DE  
I think they may be leaning Defense which would be CB, S or DE
Nasir Adderley or Taylor Rapp are both linebacker size safeties with good speed, good athletes for Bengals in nickle D 80% of time to cover run and pass.

The new coaches could go different ways here.  There is good 2. Don't rule out new coach on QB, WR or RB pick.

ESPN shows the linebackers left are 3rd round.  Do Bengals go LB in 3, or is there a LB new coaches like in 2
We Find Out Friday.

For those saying, " What about Linebacker " ?.....ESPN shows Round 3 may hold Ben Banogu, D'Andre Walker, Jahlani Tavai, Bobby Okereke, Germaine Pratt.....D'Andre Walker is Georgia and Bengals have liked Georgia players in past, of course this is New Dey.

So names that stand out to me in 2 and 3 are Adderley, Rapp, Walker, but the main thing is, Who Does Coach Taylor Like ?   It's his team now. GO BENGALS

Could the draft start #1 OT, #2 DB, #3 LB   ?????

Any  LB/S  Hybrids?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:47 AM)sandwedge Wrote: AJ Green and AJ Brown on the field at the same time would be nuts!! We could call them the "Crayola Guys"!

Brown joins the Red and Green show?

as long as it doesn't lead to a clamoring for that other AJ guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:43 AM)Okeana Wrote: Yes, that's what we need is a slow linebacker with questionable attitude.  Have you ever considered there is a reason why a guy once considered a possible first-round pick is screaming down boards in one of the weakest linebacker drafts in history?  I wouldn't touch him till the maybe the 3rd round and that's a big maybe depending on who's there on the board.

Ur out of ur mind guy.  We have zero linebackers on this roster.  we need to grab the best available linebacker as soon as we can instead of crossing our fingers for one in the third.  You mention it being a poor linebacker class but then counter with wanting to wait another round to grab one lmao and smh.  This defense was dead last everywhere last year and its not cuz our dline was bad or our corners arent good nor our safeties...its our linebackers or lack there of.  Mack wilson will not make it to the third round.  that simple.  its not really a reach when u draft the next best player at ur biggest position of need.  Yes he has SOME character concerns but ive seen quotes saying its nothing major and the slide he may have wont be drastic.  we are now sitting here at day 2 with nothing addressed on our horrible dead last defense.  A corner is a selection we make in anticipation for next year nothing really stepping in and helping us this year.  We NEED a linebacker and Mack Wilson should be our pick cuz both him and pratt will be gone by round 3.  Then were left with Cashman who will be another role player and no starter and maybe coney whos not our problem solver.  Mack wilson prior to the combine was mocked to Baltimore a ton and now here we are day 2 and hes still available.  Not really a huge slide man its a matter of 10 picks.  We need to go wilson here.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:13 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ur out of ur mind guy.  We have zero linebackers on this roster.  we need to grab the best available linebacker as soon as we can instead of crossing our fingers for one in the third.  You mention it being a poor linebacker class but then counter with wanting to wait another round to grab one lmao and smh.  This defense was dead last everywhere last year and its not cuz our dline was bad or our corners arent good nor our safeties...its our linebackers or lack there of.  Mack wilson will not make it to the third round.  that simple.  its not really a reach when u draft the next best player at ur biggest position of need.  Yes he has SOME character concerns but ive seen quotes saying its nothing major and the slide he may have wont be drastic.  we are now sitting here at day 2 with nothing addressed on our horrible dead last defense.  A corner is a selection we make in anticipation for next year nothing really stepping in and helping us this year.  We NEED a linebacker and Mack Wilson should be our pick cuz both him and pratt will be gone by round 3.  Then were left with Cashman who will be another role player and no starter and maybe coney whos not our problem solver.  Mack wilson prior to the combine was mocked to Baltimore a ton and now here we are day 2 and hes still available.  Not really a huge slide man its a matter of 10 picks.  We need to go wilson here.

To be fair to Okeana I just asked someone I know about what's going on with Wilson and he said there is an unreported "issue" not being discussed publicly and some teams are simply out on him. Didn't go into details but it is kind of concerning. With Taylor talking a lot about character last night I am not sure we even look his way. 
Reply/Quote