Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN top 15 on board for Round 2
(04-26-2019, 03:17 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I've been looking for other people's thoughts on Winovich... I like him as well.

Okeana loves him.  I don't know a whole lot about him, being in SEC country, and pulling for an ACC team.  Those are the two conferences I am most familiar with.  I'll say Okeana is one of the guys on here who does a lot of homework, so I'd definitely consider his opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Any  LB/S  Hybrids?

As mentioned a few but I like Thornhill who has crazy analytics and using Shawn Williams as the 3rd safety/hybrid.

(04-26-2019, 11:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair to Okeana I just asked someone I know about what's going on with Wilson and he said there is an unreported "issue" not being discussed publicly and some teams are simply out on him. Didn't go into details but it is kind of concerning. With Taylor talking a lot about character last night I am not sure we even look his way. 

I think most believe Mack fell because of an abysmal combine and and draft evaluators were down on him for speed and mobility. Yes the tape is good, but the fact remains teams look at things like 3 cone drills for a reason. You look at all the successful linebackers and see that there is a threshold and correlation. Mack simply falls well below those thresholds on many levels. Goodberry pointed out that if not for tape and production he would be 26th on his list and doesn’t want him till the 4th or 5th. So why not take a guy with better analytics in the 3rd?

(04-26-2019, 03:17 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I've been looking for other people's thoughts on Winovich... I like him as well.

Great tape and analytics as well. I think teams will have him higher on their boards than the forecasters.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:49 PM)yang Wrote: I think most believe Mack fell because of an abysmal combine and and draft evaluators were down on him for speed and mobility.  Yes the tape is good, but the fact remains teams look at things like 3 cone drills for a reason.  You look at all the successful linebackers and see that there is a threshold and correlation.   Mack simply falls well below those thresholds on many levels.   Goodberry pointed out that if not for tape and production he would be 26th on his list and doesn’t want him till the 4th or 5th.  So why not take a guy with better analytics in the 3rd?  

Yea, I was just pointing out what someone told me in terms of some sort of character related incident that turned off a lot of teams. His 40 time is the same as CJ Mosley so I think the speed questions are over hyped. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:50 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Wouldn't mind getting a WR in the second or third. I'm worried about AJ's recurring Turf Toe injury. If he goes down again, Boyd is our #1 receiver. I wouldn't draft a QB, I would just ride out 2019 with Dalton and Driskell. Of course we still need LB help also. Decisions,Decisions!?!

Good point about AJ's turf toe, it does worry me a touch.

Guess i wouldn't mind Receiver as much with this thought. I just think Ross will come into his own this year and we need to re-sign Boyd, add a TE and we are set at the skill positions. Trenches is where i would focus at this point.

Kind of surprised he is still around. Guy just wreaked havoc with his relentlessness, like i said in another post, he reminds me of Clay Matthews, might even be a better run stopper.
Reply/Quote
My big board

Jawaan Taylor
Byron Murphy
DK Metcalf
Greedy Williams
Dalton Risner
Eric McCoy
Cody Ford
AJ Brown
Deebo Samuel
Chauncey Gardner Johnson
Hakeem Butler
Juan Thornhill
Nasir Adderley
Irv Smith
Drew Lock
Parris Campbell

One nice thing we pick 10th in this round instead of 11th
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My big board

Jawaan Taylor
Byron Murphy
DK Metcalf
Greedy Williams
Dalton Risner
Eric McCoy
Cody Ford
AJ Brown
Deebo Samuel
Chauncey Gardner Johnson
Hakeem Butler
Juan Thornhill
Nasir Adderley
Irv Smith
Drew Lock
Parris Campbell

One nice thing we pick 10th in this round instead of 11th

Lots of great players available, still think Winovich should be in there...
Reply/Quote