Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU court decides Sweden can not deport terrorist migrants
European Court (EU) won’t even let Sweden deport migrants with terrorist connections. Why do we live in a world where Sweden’s can not decide who they deport from Sweden? It’s sweden for the love of Pete!

Why is the EU meddling in their affairs . This is no one’s business but Sweden’s.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/01/11/european-court-rejects-swedish-proposal-deport-terrorist-migrant/

Quote:European Court Rejects Swedish Proposal to Deport Terrorist Migrant

Chris Tomlinson11 Jan 2018

JOHN THYS/AFP/Getty Images

The European Court of Justice has ruled against the Swedish government’s decision to deport a terrorist asylum seeker claiming that he must remain in Sweden because he could face potential torture in his native Morocco.

The Moroccan asylum seeker came to Sweden in 2005 but in 2016 the Swedish security service (Säpo) determined that the man was a security threat to Sweden and recommended he be deported. Both the Swedish Migration Board and the Swedish supreme court agreed with the Säpo, but the migrant took his case to the European Court of Justice (ECJ) who sided with him, Svenska Dagbladet reports.

Swedish terrorism expert Magnus Ranstorp slammed the move saying it makes the job of security services harder because although they can request the deportation of dangerous individuals, rulings like the one by the ECJ show it to be impossible to actually deport them.

Ranstorp added that the problem was not limited to Sweden and that there was a Europe-wide issue with an inability to deport dangerous Islamic extremists to their home countries.

While they may not be able to deport migrants with terrorist links, European Union member states are not required to grant them asylum. The ECJ ruled last year that EU states may reject the asylum applications of any individuals with links to terrorist groups even if they have not engaged in terrorist activity themselves.

Sweden has seen a massive rise in the number of radical Islamic extremists since the height of the migrant crisis in 2015, with Säpo revealing that they have been watching around 2,000 Islamic extremists they deem to be violent and likely to commit violent acts.

Only seven years prior, the agency claimed there had been only 200 or so violent Islamic extremists in the country.

The lack of deportations of both criminal asylum seekers and failed asylum seekers has led to criticism from the populist Sweden Democrats party (SD).

Ahead of this year’s national elections, the SD released a video slamming the current government and SD leader Jimmie Åkesson accused the Migration Board of engaging in pro-migrant activism saying that they should focus on deporting failed migrants instead.

Follow Chris Tomlinson on Twitter at @TomlinsonCJ or email at ctomlinson(at)breitbart.com
"EU court decides that Sweden cannot deport one single immigrant because he'd be tortured in his home country"

This is a far more accurate title for this thread. I find it interesting that they're referring to him as a "terrorist" but only state that he was identified as a security threat and don't elaborate.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-12-2018, 09:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "EU court decides that Sweden cannot deport one single immigrant because he'd be tortured in his home country"

This is a far more accurate title for this thread. I find it interesting that they're referring to him as a "terrorist" but only state that he was identified as a security threat and don't elaborate.

You should stop reading things critically and just accept the will of the new state media.
(01-12-2018, 09:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "EU court decides that Sweden cannot deport one single immigrant because he'd be tortured in his home country"

(01-12-2018, 10:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You should stop reading things critically and just accept the will of the new state media.

Nobody cares about that migrant or any of them. . This article is about EU overreach.

The EU is too big and too powerful. It should not be telling a country they can’t deport someone who has no legal reason to be there to begin with.... they aren’t refugees. And frankly the only people who should be deciding who is inside Sweden’s border are swede’s. Not the EU court.
(01-12-2018, 11:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nobody cares about that migrant or any of them.  .   This article is about EU overreach.  

The EU is too big and too powerful.  It should not be telling a country they can’t deport someone who has no legal reason to be there to begin with.... they aren’t refugees.   And frankly the only people who should be deciding who is inside Sweden’s border are swede’s.  Not the EU court.

Then they should leave the EU. 

(01-12-2018, 11:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nobody cares about that migrant or any of them. . This article is about EU overreach.

The EU is too big and too powerful. It should not be telling a country they can’t deport someone who has no legal reason to be there to begin with.... they aren’t refugees. And frankly the only people who should be deciding who is inside Sweden’s border are swede’s. Not the EU court.

I almost responded to this with a detailed explanation of how this isn't overreach and how it is a part of the agreement signed onto by being an EU member.
(01-12-2018, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I almost responded to this with a detailed explanation of how this isn't overreach and how it is a part of the agreement signed onto by being an EU member.

Which is exactly my point. The EU has grossly overreached and should abolish the European courts, Shengen, and the Euro.
(01-12-2018, 01:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Then they should leave the EU. 

Exactly. That sentiment is growing. Hungry and Poland are forming a coalition and others will join. Once 5 star gets power in Italy they will also them.

It’s an exciting time. Nations controlling their own interests.
(01-12-2018, 04:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Which is exactly my point. The EU has grossly overreached and should abolish the European courts, Shengen, and the Euro.

Or, you know, they haven't overreached because that is the agreement that was signed onto. If they don't like it, they can make like the UK. You have an opinion on the EU, I get that, but if the legal framework that has been agreed upon my member nations is being followed then it is not overreach. Saying it is doesn't change that fact. Grumblings from far-right nationalists doesn't change that. There is recourse if nations choose to leave the EU, as we have seen.
(01-12-2018, 04:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Or, you know, they haven't overreached because that is the agreement that was signed onto. If they don't like it, they can make like the UK. You have an opinion on the EU, I get that, but if the legal framework that has been agreed upon my member nations is being followed then it is not overreach. Saying it is doesn't change that fact. Grumblings from far-right nationalists doesn't change that. There is recourse if nations choose to leave the EU, as we have seen.

So when the EU pushed the Lisbon treaty through the back door and ignored the French, Dutch, and Irish electorate who voted this down what does that say about the “agreement”? That’s not far right grumbling those are people of three nations who didn’t want to hand over that much power to the EU.

Thanks to the Lisbon Treaty sweden can not deport a terrorist. A treaty that was rejected by the people.
(01-12-2018, 04:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when the EU pushed the Lisbon treaty through the back door and ignored the French, Dutch, and Irish electorate who voted this down what does that say about the “agreement”? That’s not far right grumbling those are people of three nations who didn’t want to hand over that much power to the EU.

Thanks to the Lisbon Treaty sweden can not deport a terrorist. A treaty that was rejected by the people.

The only country in that group that required a referendum (according to the individual nation's laws) was Ireland, and the second referendum passed. So what that tells me about the agreement is what I understand to be true: it is the legal framework agreed upon by the member nations and it is legally binding.
Europe made their bed; let's just let them lie in it. Kudos to Britain for voting to be a sovereign country.

I thought the EU was just a financial agreement.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-12-2018, 04:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The only country in that group that required a referendum (according to the individual nation's laws) was Ireland, and the second referendum passed. So what that tells me about the agreement is what I understand to be true: it is the legal framework agreed upon by the member nations and it is legally binding.

Oh you mean when they forced the Irish to vote a second time with bribes and backroom deals?

Brian Cowen who forced the second Ref. Is now attacked on the streets of Ireland and called a scumbag and traitor.
(01-12-2018, 08:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh you mean when they forced the Irish to vote a second time with bribes and backroom deals?  

Brian Cowen who forced the second Ref.  Is now attacked on the streets of Ireland and called a scumbag and traitor.

[Image: facts.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-12-2018, 10:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: facts.jpg]

you regularly have nothing to add to a thread so you just post a meme in an attempt to be clever.

Weak
(01-12-2018, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: you regularly have nothing to add to a thread so you just post a meme in an attempt to be clever.  

Weak

Still stronger than unsupported claims.  Repeatedly.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-12-2018, 11:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Still stronger than unsupported claims.  Repeatedly.

Rock On

Unsupported? Hahaha

This is why you should just Stick to your memes.

Quote:Former taoiseach Brian Cowen was confronted by protesters in Dublin yesterday and verbally abused.

The video, sent to 4fm, shows a number of people following the former Fianna Fáil leader to his car.

The demonstrators shouted abuse at Mr Cowen, calling him a scumbag, a traitor and a sell-out.
(01-13-2018, 12:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unsupported?   Hahaha

This is why you should just Stick to your memes.  

What is the big deal about something that happens to almost every elected official on the planet?

Are you saying that every politician here in the United States that has been yelled at is wrong?  If so then I have a very long list to show you.
(01-16-2018, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the big deal about something that happens to almost every elected official on the planet?

Are you saying that every politician here in the United States that has been yelled at is wrong?  If so then I have a very long list to show you.

The topic was a bit larger than a politician being yelled at....

Go back and read the posts and then do a little digging.
(01-16-2018, 02:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The topic was a bit larger than a politician being yelled at....

Go back and read the posts and then do a little digging.

The topic is regurgitating a false narrative from a garbage tabloid website. The title is still incorrect.