Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EUROS 2020
Where my international football fans at?

I've been a fan of the Dutch since the Bergkamp days
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still rooting for France Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2021, 04:45 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Still rooting for France Big Grin

France, Germany, Portugal: All in the same group

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 02:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: France, Germany, Portugal: All in the same group

I guess we have to beat everybody but that's a strong qualifying group indeed. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping Italy is onto a successful reboot after the disappointment of the recent national tournaments.
Reply/Quote
All in on North Macedonia
Reply/Quote
Italy and France have both looked like the best teams in the tournament.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 10:04 AM)J24 Wrote: Italy and France have both looked like the best teams in the tournament.

As usual, Italy gets a cupcake group (my dad, who is a fan of our nat'l team, actually gave me shit for commenting that it was the easiest group of them all).

- Turkey hasn't been remotely-prominent since 2002
- Wales? Really? Happy for them that they won a match, but this aint rugby.
- Switzerland is the toss-up, but they are not whom they used to be either.

AND, We're playing at home, while everyone else has to travel.

I hope they get knocked out ASAP, so I don't have to see, "fans of the team, every 2 years," go nuts and continually stop traffic and make a ruckus all over Southern Ontario.

We truly have the most bandwagon, low-class, worst fans of all the European countries (hell, maybe even the world).

Thank God I detest the sport! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
My Orange advance

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 10:04 AM)J24 Wrote: Italy and France have both looked like the best teams in the tournament.

Hungary said hold my beer

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 03:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I hope they get knocked out ASAP

Me too...
Reply/Quote
England has so many good players, yet seem catatonic. Cant seem to score more than 1 goal per game.
Reply/Quote
My Dutch well beaten by the Czehs

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 07:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: England has so many good players, yet seem catatonic. Cant seem to score more than 1 goal per game.

Yep Sad

Too negative. For once in English footballing history our strength is the quantity of quality forwards we have…and our coach is too reluctant to use them.

The only thing going for us is that defensive solidity does seem to count for something at the international tournaments.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 07:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: England has so many good players, yet seem catatonic. Cant seem to score more than 1 goal per game.

Yeah and that is true for the last 30 years or so.

One aspect to consider is the Premier League sporting a lot of games, no winter breaks, add in European tournaments, three different cup tournaments in England, several national team showings, probably also a promo tour with games in China or wherever, and one might see why these players are out of power, physically and mentally. They're overplayed.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2021, 09:41 AM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Yep Sad

Too negative. For once in English footballing history our strength is the quantity of quality forwards we have…and our coach is too reluctant to use them.

The only thing going for us is that defensive solidity does seem to count for something at the international tournaments.

Jadon Sancho    0 minutes

Reply/Quote
Two awesome games Today.
Feel bad for Mbappe for missing the penalty.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Fantastic display from the Swiss.

Incredible day of football, some awful defending mind.

Reply/Quote
All I know is despite the loss Sommer, the Swiss keeper, should never have to buy another drink in Switzerland. That was about 45 minutes straight of Spanish bombardment.

Had to be one of the poorest quality penalty shootouts I've seen.
Reply/Quote
as a future Italian citizen:

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote