Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EUROS 2020
Bit too easy for England that, expect Danes to be a tougher test
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 10:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm really hoping Italy is onto a successful reboot after the disappointment of the recent national tournaments.

Well, they're in the finals. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2021, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, they're in the finals. 

Yeah, stressful times here.  I'll say that I did warn the wife that international soccer is the only thing I really get over the top about.  Maybe the Bengals will get it together soon enough, though.
Reply/Quote
England vs Italy has to be a dream mach for UEFA doesn't it?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 09:01 PM)J24 Wrote: England vs Italy has to be a dream mach for UEFA doesn't it?

England caught a serious break with that penalty shot call. I'm amazed VAR stayed with the call.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 09:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: England caught a serious break with that penalty shot call. I'm amazed VAR stayed with the call.

It was certainly the soccer equivalent of the call "standing as called" in the NFL. And I agree it was a pretty loose call for a penalty given the situation. 

That said, I think the final between England and Italy will be much more entertaining than a potential Denmark Italy game. Denmark certainly looked creative at times, but they really lacked pace towards the end. There was a point that England had only used one sub and Denmark five, and England were looking like they had the fresh legs. 
Reply/Quote
If what we've seen is the best Europe has to offer, then I'm rolling with the South Americans in the World Cup

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 09:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: England caught a serious break with that penalty shot call. I'm amazed VAR stayed with the call.

I know i’m biased but that is a penalty, though it is soft. There’s contact from two Danish players and neither play the ball.

Whilst we’re on the topic, Kane should have had a penalty earlier, and the free kick that led to their goal was extremely soft.

Come on England
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 09:01 PM)J24 Wrote: England vs Italy has to be a dream mach for UEFA doesn't it?

Not more than any other elite game.

Italy and England didn't win anything for years. Good for them.

Italy for years. England for decades.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2021, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If what we've seen is the best Europe has to offer, then I'm rolling with the South Americans in the World Cup

I'm not so sure on that. The past few World Cups have shown that the European game has surpassed South America. And the Copa América has hardly been full of very inspiring play in comparison to the Euros. And I say this as a former longtime resident of Brazil LOL

Although it is world taking into consideration the atmospheres in both tournaments. The Euros are largely celebratory, with crowds in the stands. The Copa América is much more subdued while the continent is going up in flames around it. 
Reply/Quote
Nearly 15 years to the day after I'm stressing out over Italy winning the 06 WC via penalties I'm stressing out over Italy winning the Euros via penalties. If the Bengals start playing championship games I'm gonna have a heart attack-ack-ack-ack.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 08:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm not so sure on that. The past few World Cups have shown that the European game has surpassed South America. And the Copa América has hardly been full of very inspiring play in comparison to the Euros. And I say this as a former longtime resident of Brazil LOL

Although it is world taking into consideration the atmospheres in both tournaments. The Euros are largely celebratory, with crowds in the stands. The Copa América is much more subdued while the continent is going up in flames around it. 

We will see. I watched that Copa final and I watched that Euro final. One was beautiful, one was ugly. 

Reply/Quote