Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
EVen the idea that Chiefs are underdogs is laughable
Watched some sports TV today and I guess the new narrative to discuss is the betting line now favoring Bengals by 3. To me anyone that can fix their lips to say the Chiefs are underdogs is just preheating an excuse for why the Chiefs once again cant get it done. You ruled the regular season, got the 1 seed and made the AFC championship game for the 5th straight time. YOU ARE NOT THE UNDERDOG IF MAHOMMES PLAYS. PERIOD. Idc if Mahhomes is 60%. You are still not the underdog. NOBODY IS. These are 2 teams at their best ready to do war. I guarantee Mahommes wont even feel that ankle come his 1st drive.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Meh, just setting it up to talk about it next week. Chiefs are now the dogs in this one, so if they lose the Bengals are "unstoppable" and if they win, they overcame adversity and injuries and showed they're for real and the Bengals haven't made it to their tier yet. Talking heads are just that. Thank god the on-field entertainment of the game Sunday is the only thing that matters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals are going to win, so guessing the Chiefs deserve to be underdogs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If I had a choice between listening to the talking heads go on and on about nothing or listening to some wino in the park give me 50 reasons to go buy a few bottles of MD20/20 to get drunk with him I'd start drinking again.  I used to love drinking with the winos in the park..Always a lot of fun..   ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I would rather have Mahomes healthy as opposed to out or limited. It seems every time you think you have gained an advantage it blows up in your face. Just ask the Bills.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Mahomes has never been an underdog in the playoffs, I believe. Just as he's never had to play a road playoff game.

I think for the ordinary public, not the betting public, Mahomes is still who they consider the top QB in the league and the Chiefs the top team in the AFC. So, most probably look at KC as the team they they think will win. And as Mahomes prognosis becomes clearer that he will play, the betting line will probably change to reflect that.

Right now, the betting public has an image of an injured Mahomes and the Bengals domination on Sunday. The week before they had the image of the Ravens giving the Bengals a battle. But as the week goes on, I am willing to bet people will go back to what they have believed the last two years and the Chiefs will either be favored or it will be even money. The Bengals players are not going to suckered into any complacency or giving less than 100%. Heck, the Halloween MNF game against the Browns probably still grates on them.
Reply/Quote
Tough for me to say what happens in this game. The Mahomes injury obviously is the main factor in KC being dogs, but even with a healthy 15, the Bengals will be damn tough to beat if they get 5 YPC all day like they did Sunday. That's a juggernaut offense plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
I prefer the Bengals play with a chip on their shoulders as the underdogs.

This seems to bring the best out of them.
Reply/Quote
To be fair the chiefs opened as 3 point favorites. Like 90% of the bets must be on the Bengals to swing it 6 points.

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Right the story is a bit deal because the line has moved dramatically. I believe it’s only moved 4 points total from Chiefs -2.5 to Bengals -1.5. Historically though home field is worth about 3 points so in a neutral field Vegas has Cincy favored by 4.5 which is pretty wild. I think it’s actually a function of Mahomes injury and how decisively they beat the Bills.

This is one of those things though where retail may have moved the line but I’d be curious what the “wise guys” are doing. Most retail money may be Cincy but the insider money knows the real severity or limitations of Mahomes and that’s the money you want to follow.
Reply/Quote
I'm doing a decent job avoiding the media noise and just waiting for the game.
Reply/Quote
If the betting line says that the Chiefs are the underdogs, they are the underdogs. There’s a literal definition of the word. It’s not based on your opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:45 PM)Whacked Wrote: I prefer the Bengals play with a chip on their shoulders as the underdogs.

This seems to bring the best out of them.

The Bengals have been underdogs most of my life and it didn't result in a lot of winning, sadly.

I'm beyond fine with them being judged like the juggernaut they finally are.
Reply/Quote