Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Each Teams Most Glaring Flaw
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/each-nfl-teams-most-glaring-flaw/ss-BBOiwCO?li=BBnba9I#image=7

This is just lazy writing. Rather than actually look at the team, let's just make up a generality.

Cincinnati Bengals: Brown's constraints continue
The Bengals are 4-1 after two unremarkable seasons, but they're still run by a cheap owner whose stinginess has been well-documented. Other teams let talent walk consistently, including the Ravens. Pittsburgh avoids most outside free agents, too. Both have more to show for their strategies than the Bengals. Owner Mike Brown may not be clueless in terms of pointing the franchise toward contention, but the Bengals don't do what other modern contenders have done to enhance their chances. Brown's a big reason why the franchise hasn't won a playoff game since Bo Jackson's NFL finale 27 years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 10:53 AM)kdgjr Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/each-nfl-teams-most-glaring-flaw/ss-BBOiwCO?li=BBnba9I#image=7

This is just lazy writing. Rather than actually look at the team, let's just make up a generality.

Cincinnati Bengals: Brown's constraints continue
The Bengals are 4-1 after two unremarkable seasons, but they're still run by a cheap owner whose stinginess has been well-documented. Other teams let talent walk consistently, including the Ravens. Pittsburgh avoids most outside free agents, too. Both have more to show for their strategies than the Bengals. Owner Mike Brown may not be clueless in terms of pointing the franchise toward contention, but the Bengals don't do what other modern contenders have done to enhance their chances. Brown's a big reason why the franchise hasn't won a playoff game since Bo Jackson's NFL finale 27 years ago.

Well, the writer does have a point, and the failure to win in the playoffs coincides with Mike Brown inheriting the team. Not a single playoff win since he took over and appointed himself GM. And the team won one just the season before he took over.

But I do agree with you about the writer's laziness. He's just putting out one liners about each team and that are just his biased opinion. I happen to think he's pretty close on Mike Brown though.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote