Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles
I'm calling it now. The Bengals win this game. Why? I have no freaking clue. I never pick them to win and generally I am right. The more I think about this game, the more I think the Bengals will win.

So bet the Eagles big time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There offensive line has been banged up there RT Lane Johnson missed the 1st game and is banged up. They lost there stating LT Dillard before the season so 38 year old Jason Peters kicked back out from guard to LT, they also lost there starting guard Brooks before the season as well. So hopefully our D line can win that battle. There receivers kinda suck , obviously Ertz is a stud TE. Our offense line will still have a tough matchup versus Fletcher Cox, Derek Barnett and Brandon Gram. They added Darius Slay at CB I’m assuming he’ll cover Green.
Reply/Quote
We'll probably find a way to lose this game. I have zero faith in Zac.
Reply/Quote
Jake Elliott is going to kick 9 field goals. The final one from 70 yards with no time remaining to lead the Eagles up. 27-26 victory

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:07 PM)McC Wrote: You must be kin to Don Felder.

Oh you're on that side of that argument, eh?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:34 PM)J24 Wrote: It's a winnable game; depends on which Bengals Defense shows up though and will the  running game make it's first appearance this year.

What do you mean by which bengals defense shows up?

Over the last 2 seasons it clear we have only one and it's really really bad.
Reply/Quote
I hope the Bengals win, but only because watching Philly go to 0-3 and meltdown would me so much fun. Their fan base is about as abnoxious as they come.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can almost guarantee we’ll get out coached. So there’s that...

Our defense will look completely lost against their offense, despite having a ton of injuries on their offensive line.  Our offensive line will look completely lost despite only having one injury. 

Seriously, they will be very desperate even though their entire division sucks and the top teams only have one win.  Meanwhile, the Bengals are behind two 2-0 teams and one 1-1 team with a head-to-head loss.  Groan.

There is one reason the Bengals have a chance:  Joe Burrow.  He will keep the Bengals in every game.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Our defense will look completely lost against their offense, despite having a ton of injuries on their offensive line.  Our offensive line will look completely lost despite only having one injury. 

Seriously, they will be very desperate even though their entire division sucks and the top teams only have one win.  Meanwhile, the Bengals are behind two 2-0 teams and one 1-1 team with a head-to-head loss.  Groan.

There is one reason the Bengals have a chance:  Joe Burrow.  He will keep the Bengals in every game.  

Their pass rush won't be as good as the previous two we have seen and their secondary is probably about on par with Cleveland. Offensively they have the worst weapons of any team we have played to this point. Carson Wentz is about to get run out of Philly with how poorly he has played the last couple weeks it feels like.

In reality, there is a lot to feel good about heading into this game. Before the season I would have said this game was a guaranteed L, but after watching their first two games this should actually be a competitive game.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: Their pass rush won't be as good as the previous two we have seen and their secondary is probably about on par with Cleveland. Offensively they have the worst weapons of any team we have played to this point. Carson Wentz is about to get run out of Philly with how poorly he has played the last couple weeks it feels like.

In reality, there is a lot to feel good about heading into this game. Before the season I would have said this game was a guaranteed L, but after watching their first two games this should actually be a competitive game.

The Bengals have an annual "blind squirrel" game where they show up in all phases and stun some poor opponent that expected almost a bye.  Last year, the Jets finished the season very strong.   With a very stingy defense, they went 6-2 down the stretch.  Their only losses at Cincy and Baltimore.  The Bengals beat them 22-6 and it wasn't that close.  

Philly could be that annual game.  I doubt it.  I think their coach will come out with a scheme to attack our weakness and exploit it.  Burrow will keep Cincy in almost every game.  It is amazing to think what he has done without any preseason, OTAs, etc.  If his receivers ran routes with a bit more urgency and caught more passes, he would be on fire.  But, for whatever reason, the team seems content to just mail it in.  I saw zero fight on defense right from the first snap against the Browns.  Did they get chewed out?  Doubt it.  So, with zero accountability I don't see the defense suddenly learning how to stop the rush or cover the middle of the field.  

For us, it would really be fun to beat Philly and then an upstart Jax team who seems to have a shit ton of fight in them.  Be .500 at the quarter pole and have some time for the team to further gel?  Sounds exciting as hell.  Do I think it will happen?  No.  The coaches are too soft and the team reflects the coaches.  Burrow will keep them in it, but I would be really shocked if they came out of Philly with a win.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals have an annual "blind squirrel" game where they show up in all phases and stun some poor opponent that expected almost a bye.  Last year, the Jets finished the season very strong.   With a very stingy defense, they went 6-2 down the stretch.  Their only losses at Cincy and Baltimore.  The Bengals beat them 22-6 and it wasn't that close.  

Philly could be that annual game.  I doubt it.  I think their coach will come out with a scheme to attack our weakness and exploit it.  Burrow will keep Cincy in almost every game.  It is amazing to think what he has done without any preseason, OTAs, etc.  If his receivers ran routes with a bit more urgency and caught more passes, he would be on fire.  But, for whatever reason, the team seems content to just mail it in.  I saw zero fight on defense right from the first snap against the Browns.  Did they get chewed out?  Doubt it.  So, with zero accountability I don't see the defense suddenly learning how to stop the rush or cover the middle of the field.  

For us, it would really be fun to beat Philly and then an upstart Jax team who seems to have a shit ton of fight in them.  Be .500 at the quarter pole and have some time for the team to further gel?  Sounds exciting as hell.  Do I think it will happen?  No.  The coaches are too soft and the team reflects the coaches.  Burrow will keep them in it, but I would be really shocked if they came out of Philly with a win.  

As an aside, Bengals opened +6.5. Based on how we have found ways to come up just short, may not be a bad bet. 
Reply/Quote
I think this is their best chance at a W so far this year. Hopefully they make the most of the extra time this week and come out looking sharp.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Geno and Daniels are back because if the Bengals bring out the practice squad defensive line again it will be a long afternoon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals are always the elixir for any teams woes. I don't see them going to Philadelphia and getting a win. 

The next week, expect a shootout with Jacksonville. That will be a coin toss. 

So accurate. If the Eagles gave up 8 sacks to Washington you better believe the bengals will make their O line look like an all pro line with no sacks and no pressures on the day
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 09:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: As an aside, Bengals opened +6.5. Based on how we have found ways to come up just short, may not be a bad bet. 

Can't do it...Never bet on or against my own team.  Although...There was this one time....

The Bengals had just announced that they were starting....Akili Smith.  He was to start against the defending Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  The Bucs STILL had this stigma about not winning in games below 40 degrees.  They opened as 9 point favorites.  I had run my $100 account to just over $900.  I put it ALL on the Bucs.  Needless to say, it paid for the season tickets the next season.

I will admit that if the steelers are underdogs, I almost always bet on them to win because if they do, I win money...if they lose, I am happier than if I won.  I'm not right...
Reply/Quote
I get that pessimism is in vogue right now on the forums. But I don't see this as an unwinnable game.

Obviously, we need to play well but the Eagles are not a juggernaut of a team. They're a purely average or slightly below average team with very few distinct strengths.

I could see it going either way, almost entirely dependent on who can protect their QB the best and who can establish a running game.
Reply/Quote
Biggest concern will be how the interior Oline holds up against Fletcher Cox and Malik Jackson.
Reply/Quote
I got a peaceful easy feeling about the Eagles game and I hope it's not because of my lying eyes.

I think the Eagles will take it to the limit, but the Bengals will prevail in the long run

I think the new kid in town will take Cincy to a huge victory but I can't tell you why
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 10:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I got a peaceful easy feeling about the Eagles game and I hope it's not because of my lying eyes.

I think the Eagles will take it to the limit, but the Bengals will prevail in the long run

I think the new kid in town will take Cincy to a huge victory but I can't tell you why

A post with this many Eagles puns should land you in teenage jail.  I wish you peace. But I do appreciate your visions of a Bengals victory.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: A post with this many Eagles puns should land you in teenage jail.  I wish you peace. But I do appreciate your visions of a Bengals victory.

That is a HOF worthy post by Bfine. Props on getting those all into one post and it works well. Almost didn’t even notice.
Reply/Quote