Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 2020 Mock Draft/Watchlist Part 1
These always serve as more of a watchlist for the upcoming season than anything but I always like to throw one out based on the needs I still have for a team once the draft is over paired with players to keep an eye on at those positions.

Picks based on recent Super Bowl Odds

1. Redskins - Andrew Thomas (Offensive Tackle) Georgia - Thomas is an elite Left Tackle prospect that the Redskins could use to protect Haskins. Trent Williams is still relatively young at 30 but is coming off of multiple seasons with a variety of injuries.
[Image: Austin_Peay_0283.jpg]

2. Jets - Chase Young (Defensive End) Ohio State - The next great Buckeye Defensive End. Put up excellent numbers as a true Sophomore this past season. Should be even better this upcoming season.
[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fscarletandgame.c...=850&h=560]

3. Dolphins - Jerry Jeudy (Wide Receiver) Alabama - This may seem early for a Wide Receiver but I feel like this Wide Receiver class is going to be loaded and Jeudy would have even been the top one off the board in this class.
[Image: 8737827.jpg]

4. Bengals - Tua Tagovailoa (Quarterback) Alabama - If the Bengals are picking this high then they have to find their next franchise Quarterback. Tua will be in that conversation along with Herbert and Fromm.
[Image: tua-usat.png?itok=Ecr-S4Zl]

5. Cardinals - Walker Little (Offensive Tackle) Stanford - Another really good Left Tackle prospect going to a team that desperately needs some help on the Offensive Line.
[Image: DNG-L-STANFOOT-0829-1.jpg?w=620]

6. Bills - Tee Higgins (Wide Receiver) Clemson - This guy has the size, skills, and production that teams will covet.
[Image: AP18363853141054.jpg]

7. Lions - CJ Henderson (Cornerback) Florida - The Lions have done a good job improving their Defensive Line the last couple of years. Continuing to build the Defense and specifically the secondary should be the next step for this team.
[Image: Johnathon+Johnson+C+J+Henderson+Florida+...GNUOyl.jpg]

8. Buccaneers - Trey Smith (Offensive Tackle) Tennessee - Coming off an injury or he might be even higher on this mock. If he stays healthy he will be in the conversation for first OT off the board.
[Image: trey-smith-e1531930565447.jpg?w=610&h=34...343&crop=1]

9. Raiders - Justin Herbert (Quarterback) Oregon - If Gruden is picking this high again then I don't see how he would be able to pass on a Quarterback. Herbert would have been a high pick this year before deciding to return to Oregon.
[Image: 1039390408.jpeg&]

10. Giants - AJ Epenesa (Defensive End) Iowa - Huge production the past two seasons at Iowa with double digit sacks in each. Could be in the conversation for number one overall player and I would not be a bit surprised. The Giants need some pass rush help so this is a good fit.
[Image: 920x920.jpg]

11. Broncos - Jaylon Johnson (Cornerback) Utah - I really liked the Broncos draft but they still could use secondary help. Don't see them passing on that area again next year.
[Image: 8620433.jpg]

12. Panthers - Grant Delpit (Safety) LSU - One of my early favorites for next years class. This guy stood out even while I was focused on watching Devin White. I will be curious how many teams make the same mistake they did with passing on Derwin James.
[Image: USATSI_10360012-718x490.jpg]

13. Titans - Jake Fromm (Quarterback) Georgia - They brought in Ryan Tannehill because they know they need another Quarterback because Mariota just has been unable to stay healthy. If injured again and they miss the playoffs then I look for them to find a permanent solution to making sure they have a guy out there healthy as the starter from day one.
[Image: USATSI_11347000-718x490.jpg]

14. Jaguars - CeeDee Lamb (Wide Receiver) Oklahoma - I actually thought Lamb was the better receiver out of him and Marquise Brown and Brown was the first guy taken in this draft. I don't look for Lamb to do that next year because of Jeudy and Higgins but this guy should still have his name called on the first night of the draft.
[Image: 5b9461d555532.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

15. Falcons - Derrick Brown (Defensive Tackle) Auburn - This is a position I thought they would address early in this draft. They will likely do so next year and Brown has top 5 talent.
[Image: 9944952.jpeg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Never too early for a mock draft IMO.

I agree that we would go QB if we finished 4th overall - I'm just hoping it's not Tua. I'd much rather have Herbert and Fromm
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 03:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Never too early for a mock draft IMO.

I agree that we would go QB if we finished 4th overall - I'm just hoping it's not Tua.  I'd much rather have Herbert and Fromm

Right now my favorite is Herbert also but after Baker and Kyler the last two years I just wonder if the tradition guys like Herbert and Fromm get pushed down behind Tua who has more mobility. Hopefully the Bengals don't pick 4th and Dalton plays like 2015 behind this new line we should have out there this season.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote