Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 2020 first round targets
I know it's early, but I like to start looking into the next year's draft ASAP.
I think if things improve, the Bengals will be picking around 15-20. If they decline, top 10.
With that said, here are some guys I'm interested in at each range...

Top 10:
- Tagovailoa or Herbert, QB
- Chase Young, DE Ohio St
- Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
- Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado
- CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

15-20 Range:
- Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
- Jake Fromm, QB Georgia
- Walker Little, OT Stanford
- Trey Adams, OT Washington (needs to play a full season without getting injured though)
- Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama
- Tylan Wallace, WR Ok St

Basically, I'm leaning OT, QB, or WR.
QB obviously if Dalton doesn't show well in the new offense.
WR if Boyd and/or Green not extended.
OT to be opposite of Jonah Williams. Not expecting Glenn to stick around. Don't expect Hart to magically become a good OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Walker little will probably rise up the boards. I’ve already seen a mock with us taking a cb from Virginia, Byron hall I think it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 03:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Walker little will probably rise up the boards.  I’ve already seen a mock with us taking a cb from Virginia, Byron hall I think it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I'm fully expecting some of the people I have here now will rise/fall.
I'm not really a fan of a CB given how many key offensive players are set to hit FA over the next 1-2 years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. I'm fully expecting some of the people I have here now will rise/fall.
I'm not really a fan of a CB given how many key offensive players are set to hit FA over the next 1-2 years.

Depending on how Dalton does and how Finley looks and who we have a shot, qb could be targeted
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know it's early, but I like to start looking into the next year's draft ASAP.
I think if things improve, the Bengals will be picking around 15-20. If they decline, top 10.
With that said, here are some guys I'm interested in at each range...

Top 10:
- Tagovailoa or Herbert, QB
- Chase Young, DE Ohio St
- Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
- Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado
- CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

15-20 Range:
- Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
- Jake Fromm, QB Georgia
- Walker Little, OT Stanford
- Trey Adams, OT Washington (needs to play a full season without getting injured though)
- Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama
- Tylan Wallace, WR Ok St

Basically, I'm leaning OT, QB, or WR.
QB obviously if Dalton doesn't show well in the new offense.
WR if Boyd and/or Green not extended.
OT to be opposite of Jonah Williams. Not expecting Glenn to stick around. Don't expect Hart to magically become a good OT.likeI saw like 4 or 5 OT's in top 20 next year on one of the sites. Look at OT is loaded next year and DL is not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
AJ Espeneza- DE Iowa

Mic drop
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mekhi Becton OT 6’7” 355

First round talent with strength and agility.

2020 Offensive Line Williams Jordan Price Miller Becton
Reply/Quote
I think next year is going to be one of the best years we've seen for OTs.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 01:19 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think next year is going to be one of the best years we've seen for OTs.

Yep, I think so too. Get your other OT next year, get your new franchise QB in 2021 after you have your line set.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
my predictions are that we move up and take Herbert next year. Datlon is getting up there in age and I just can't see him being the long term answer for the team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:08 PM)Okeana Wrote: my predictions are that we move up and take Herbert next year.  Datlon is getting up there in age and I just can't see him being the long term answer for the team.

While I'm not opposed to another QB (as long as there's high confidence he'll become a Top 10 QB in the league), Dalton really isn't "getting up there in age." He's 31 and doesn't turn 32 until late October.

Brady - 41
Brees - 40
Roethlisberger - 37
Rivers - 37
Rodgers - 35
Manning - 38

I think Dalton will have (at least) 5 years left.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I'm not opposed to another QB (as long as there's high confidence he'll become a Top 10 QB in the league), Dalton really isn't "getting up there in age." He's 31 and doesn't turn 32 until late October.

Brady - 41
Brees - 40
Roethlisberger - 37
Rivers - 37
Rodgers - 35
Manning - 38

I think Dalton will have (at least) 5 years left.

Comparing him to those players is not realistic. 

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Comparing him to those players is not realistic. 

Production-wise maybe not, but there's no reason to think Dalton can't maintain his current ability that late into his career. He's shown no signs of regressing or suffering any critical injuries that would shorten his career.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Production-wise maybe not, but there's no reason to think Dalton can't maintain his current ability that late into his career. He's shown no signs of regressing or suffering any critical injuries that would shorten his career.

I mean honestly man you're not doing yourself any favors,  you posted a list of guys that have played long into their career and not a single one of them is not a hall of fame quarterback.  Dalton is not on that level.  He will play another year with us may be a stop-gap guy a year or two and retire.  unless he wants to go the veteran backup route, but he's made enough money.  

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: I mean honestly man you're not doing yourself any favors,  you posted a list of guys that have played long into their career and not a single one of them is not a hall of fame quarterback.  Dalton is not on that level.  He will play another year with us may be a stop-gap guy a year or two and retire.  unless he wants to go the veteran backup route, but he's made enough money.  

He was making a comparison about durability, and maintaining a level of play, which was perfectly valid.  YOU are the one making it about level of ability.

Additionally, the person making the ridiculous statement is you, not Ocho, when you said you believe the Bengals will move UP to get a QB.  As long as Mike Brown has any say in the draft we will never move up into the top 10 to take a QB again.  And BTW, that Akili Smith waving to you over there, and making my point. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: I mean honestly man you're not doing yourself any favors,  you posted a list of guys that have played long into their career and not a single one of them is not a hall of fame quarterback.  Dalton is not on that level.  He will play another year with us may be a stop-gap guy a year or two and retire.  unless he wants to go the veteran backup route, but he's made enough money.  

I guess. I was just thinking that there were places who could use him as a starter. Maybe OAK if they move on from Carr, although they probably will want to draft someone next year. Same for TB or TEN.

I guess I needed to look back to see who the QBs are...
* indicates rookie contract

NE - Brady
NYJ - *Darnold
BUF - *Allen
MIA - *Rosen

IND - Luck
HOU - *Watson
JAX - Foles (maybe they move on from Foles and go Dalton instead?)
TEN - *Mariota (Will they look to move on after this year?)

CIN - Dalton (might draft QB Rd 1 next year)
PIT - Roethlisberger
BAL - *Jackson
CLE - *Mayfield

LAC - Rivers
KC - *Mahomes
OAK - Carr (maybe they move on after this year?)
DEN - Flacco (and just drafted Lock)

MIN - Cousins
GB - Rodgers
CHI - *Trubisky
DET - Stafford

DAL - Prescott
PHI - *Wentz
WAS - Keenum (and just drafted Haskins)
NYJ - Manning (and just drafted Jones)

NO - Brees
ATL - Ryan
CAR - Newton
TB - *Winston (maybe they move on after this year?)

LAR - *Goff
SEA - Wilson
ARI - *Murray
SF - Garoppolo
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dalton can easily play another 5 years at his current level. I'm not worried about that at all.

The question is whether or not his current level is acceptable
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 03:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Dalton can easily play another 5 years at his current level.  I'm not worried about that at all.

The question is whether or not his current level is acceptable

I'm not a Dalton hater, but let's be honest with ourselves that we had some amazing rosters around him in his prime and he still was never a top quarterback.  If our coaching staff does positive things, but find themselves limited by his play I could see them moving on.  Who knows this will be the first time Dalton plays in a new system built around him with a fresh new staff and maybe that elevates his play.  

Reply/Quote
Unless they decide that it's time to move on to a new quarterback, I think DL is the way to go next year. They didn't do a lot to address it this year, and Geno/Carlos are getting real close to no longer being at their prime. Those guys aren't going to be great forever, and there isn't a lot in the cupboard to fill their spots when the time comes.

I think AJ and Boyd will be extended. I hope against hope that Ross and Erickson can both flourish in Taylor's scheme and make the need for a receiver a bit less likely.

I don't think drafting Finley means much as it pertains to the qb situation next year. He doesn't have a NFL starter's arm. He'll be a nice backup and that's about it. He won't screw things up too royally, but he's not taking you anywhere you want to go.

If we suck bad enough to have a shot at Tua, ie have the number 1 pick in 2020, then that's not really even a decision. Any spot in the top 5 probably warrants a new quarterback regardless of need elsewhere on the roster.
Reply/Quote