Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 2021 5-Round Mock
Currently, the Bengals are sitting just at 12-13 in the draft, so this projection is based on picking just outside the Top 10. I'm also expecting (hoping) the Bengals get one solid-or-better OL in FA, thereby reducing the need for so many OL picks early in the draft.

1) Alex Leatherwood, OT/G Alabama (6'6" 312 lb) - Leatherwood is currently Alabama's LT but he's played RG before and had good success there. Many scouts/pundits feel that he has the skill set to become a stalwart NFL LT but he should be able to thrive at RT or RG too. I think Leatherwood is a great selection because the Bengals need at least one upgrade to OL, but the coaches will likely have different opinions than we will for where the upgrade needs to be. Leatherwood provides the versatility that he could be a very good OT or G.

2) Jaylen Twyman, DT Pitt (6'2', 290 lb) - Pass rushing IDL who has been compared to a young Geno Atkins. He needs to bulk up some to improve his run defense, but he's a nightmare against the pass.

3) Patrick Jones II, DE Pitt (6'5", 260 lb) - Jones is a blossoming pass rusher who could end up going earlier than this by draft time depending on how he grows. He benefited from having Twyman on the same team the past two years, but this year we get to see what he does without him since Twyman opted out. He's on pace to have double-digit TFLs and sacks this season after having 11.5 TFL and 8.5 sacks in 2019.

4) Dimitri Moore, LB Vanderbilt (6'3", 230 lb) - Moore is an underrated LB because he plays on a bad team in the SEC. However, he shows ability to play all 4 downs. Given Jordan Evans and Josh Bynes are set to hit FA in 2021, the Bengals could use another LB, and Moore is a sound selection.

5) Chatarius Atwell, WR Louisville (5'9", 165 lb) - ACC's receiving yards and TDs leader in 2019. Speedster who wins as a deep threat but also on underneath routes getting YAC. Big concern is his small size, but he's been durable up to this point. I know some might want to get a WR earlier, but I don't think it's needed with Higgins, Boyd, and Tate. Plus, they could re-sign Thomas and/or get a cheap veteran to be WR3/4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love this draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If we are drafting 12, I'm going OG and not looking back. I fully expect them to be drafting 4-8 by the end fo the year. If that's the case, I'm moving up to 3 or 4 and taking Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If we are drafting 12, I'm going OG and not looking back. I fully expect them to be drafting 4-8 by the end fo the year. If that's the case, I'm moving up to 3 or 4 and taking Sewell.

4-8? Really? I see 13-16... we still play cowboys, redskins, giants. Back half of schedule very easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: 4-8? Really? I see 13-16... we still play cowboys, redskins, giants. Back half of schedule very easy.

Cowboys have a Top 5 offense.
While Dak being out will hurt, Dalton is one of the best backups in the league.
They have better OL and receivers than Bengals have.
Elliott, while not doing as well this year, is still an elite RB.

I think DAL beats CIN.

I see 2 more wins for the Bengals this year: NYG, WAS
Maybe HOU for a 4th win on the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote