Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 2023 predictions
(02-18-2023, 07:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If it would be 3 or 4 guys why trade up and lose the 2nd most valuable pick?   As of today it seems that Wright and/or Johnson will be around at 28. Harrison is a maybe, Duncan absolutely should be there. I see no reason to give up a 2nd round pick for a guy that that has a good chance to be available, especially if they like 2-3 guys, someone will be there at 28.

As great as Skoronski is, he may actually be a guard, he has Jonah arms.  I would bet Mauch moves to Guard as well.

Well your viewpoint is valid. But I’d want a sure thing.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:34 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well your viewpoint is valid. But I’d want a sure thing.

Paris is pretty much the only sure thing at tackle in the draft and Im not sure he would be available at 18.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Paris is pretty much the only sure thing at tackle in the draft and Im not sure he would be available at 18.

Well him and Skoronski but I’m okay with Wright but 28 gives you so low flexibility
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 05:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If we are all honest, Mixon cut or restructured is highly unlikely based upon our history, makes sense to many fans it will be interested to watch.

What OT (specific or list) are you hoping to get at #18?  Which tackle spot do you think requires the most immediate attention?

If we were talking Bengals before ZT and Co. I'd agree with you. But this ain't your daddy's Bengals anymore. I'd bet and even expect Mixon to be cut. It just makes too much sense not to.

(02-18-2023, 05:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As with what we've seen the last couple offseasons in free agency, the Bengals 'history' in this regard, needs to change. If you want to keep playing with the big boys, you need to play like the big boys and that's what the big boys do--part with pieces you don't necessarily want to part with, because it can make your team better. 

Beat me to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 09:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If we were talking Bengals before ZT and Co. I'd agree with you. But this ain't your daddy's Bengals anymore. I'd bet and even expect Mixon to be cut. It just makes too much sense not to.

I don't disagree, of course it makes sense.  The very least should be a restructure. Mixon has no leverage, if he refuses a restructure and is cut he will not get close to the money he wants.  That said, he knows they dont have his replacement on the team yet.   Thus, I would be more shocked if they did address Mixon's salary than if they didnt.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 11:39 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I don't disagree, of course it makes sense.  The very least should be a restructure. Mixon has no leverage, if he refuses a restructure and is cut he will not get close to the money he wants.  That said, he knows they dont have his replacement on the team yet.   Thus, I would be more shocked if they did address Mixon's salary than if they didnt.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Mixon, I don't think he's total garbage however. He's just not worth the money he's due. He's a giant liability in pass pro. and that's the thing that really kills his worth.

And I don't think especially with the way this offense is developing he'll be that hard to replace. 
Reply/Quote
Probably in the minority here, but I don’t think the team can afford another year with Mixon as the starting QB. Not only because of his play (which was spotty, at best), but his contract. Could he rebound? Sure! But, do you want to spend that much money to find out when there are more important players to sign who mean more to this team? Would there really be a fall off production wise if Perrine is the prime back?

Given the reps, I’m betting Samaje could equal what Mixon did this past season.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 02:24 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Probably in the minority here, but I don’t think the team can afford another year with Mixon as the starting QB.  Not only because of his play (which was spotty, at best), but his contract.  Could he rebound?  Sure!  But, do you want to spend that much money to find out when there are more important players to sign who mean more to this team?  Would there really be a fall off production wise if Perrine is the prime back?

I'm gonna have to agree with you there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 02:24 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Probably in the minority here, but I don’t think the team can afford another year with Mixon as the starting RB.  Not only because of his play (which was spotty, at best), but his contract.  Could he rebound?  Sure!  But, do you want to spend that much money to find out when there are more important players to sign who mean more to this team?  Would there really be a fall off production wise if Perrine is the prime back?

I don't think you are in the minority at all, I think the majority of believe that Mixon either needs to restructure or be cut just because of 
his poor pass blocking. Samaje, Trayveon and a mid to late pick that can pass block would help this team as a whole much more than 
keeping Joe as the starting RB. Upgrade the OL and add blockers should be the primary Offseason strategy for this team to take the next
step to SB glory.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 02:24 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Probably in the minority here, but I don’t think the team can afford another year with Mixon as the starting QB.  Not only because of his play (which was spotty, at best), but his contract.  Could he rebound?  Sure!  But, do you want to spend that much money to find out when there are more important players to sign who mean more to this team?  Would there really be a fall off production wise if Perrine is the prime back?

(02-20-2023, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna have to agree with you there. 

He'd probably struggle with those hole shots, and does he even know how to look off a safety?  I also agree, very risky.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 05:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He'd probably struggle with those hole shots, and does he even know how to look off a safety?  I also agree, very risky.

Not so fast…
He totally outplayed Burrow in the Super Bowl. He was perfect with a TD pass every time he threw the ball.
Mixon is the better big-game QB!!
Reply/Quote