Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 2023
Tiger

The early mock is your art to a masterpiece later.
Take a peep at it sometime during our fall season.

1) Micheal Mayer TE Notre Dame
https://youtu.be/ABd8vdx9Kjw
If your looking for a complete prospect at the position then look no further. He can win down the seam or blocking in the running attack.Also a kid from Lexington Ky. Spoiler: He absolutely may not be the best in the draft class of 2023... We'll find out if I'm right next spring. Welcome home.

2) Sean Tucker RB Syracuse
https://youtu.be/XU3tFVcOfMA
I can hear it now why would you draft a RB so early.
My answer:  Just trust me on this one. Now don't be surprised if hes in NY for a Heisman ceremony.. Its RB early next draft and rounds 1-4 isn't off the table imo. You'll see him in the top ten rankings currently but not "A GUY" Yet. 5/9/22 .Just take him in one and be done with the ****!

3) DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas
https://youtu.be/YXBaww5Zpcc
I just wasn't sure why he made the decision to come back to Texas. The one thing that I know is that the guy is an athletic freak that's put on weight. Lookout for this riser next spring! Currently my #4 LB in the 2023 class.

4) Rakim Jarrett WR Maryland
https://youtu.be/KEcjQwrveFU
The other guy will get most of the early draft respect but this guy is as pro ready as you'll find in the country. Just a very crafty route runner who makes plays down the field. He'll be one to lookout for next spring.

5) Riley Moss CB Iowa
https://youtu.be/larS_rOLaNw
Its a great travesty what happened to this guy last last year when he was one of the best CB's in the country. I've always liked his skill set and I'm rooting for him to be in stripes! If hes healthy and produces next season..... Get the card in!

6) Felix Anudike- Uzomah Edge KSU
https://youtu.be/30iGvc_k5-4
I'm picking a stock here at the ground floor and lets see if I'm right. If he comes out and and stars in a freak show!My comp is James Harrison! Keep an eye on this kid next season.

7) Dontae Bull T Fresno State
https://youtu.be/4QZIRc5nM8M
A battle tested prospect who has outside and in versatility.Just a flat out mountain of a man that I expect to move up boards next spring with a solid season.

Rock On
My Reflection Vol.1 April 18 2023
I always come back to my first burials before the draft to see what I've done and compare it to what I'd do now. I guess its my sick ritual. My first ones always mean the most to me because its my own judgement. So now its almost time for these guys to get drafted! You'll certainly hear about this class on Sundays! Go Riley Go!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 10:05 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

The early mock is your art to a masterpiece later.
Take a peep at it sometime during our fall season.

1) Micheal Mayer TE Notre Dame
https://youtu.be/3qqo_EkTfz4
If your looking for a complete prospect at the position then look no further. He can win down the seam or blocking in the running attack.Also a kid from Lexington Ky. Spoiler: He absolutely may not be the best in the draft class of 2023... We'll find out if I'm right next spring.

2) Sean Tucker RB Syracuse
https://youtu.be/Rdw1Z-W55XM
I can hear it now why would you draft a RB so early.
My answer:  Just trust me on this one. Now don't be surprised if hes in NY for a Heisman ceremony.. Its RB early next draft and rounds 1-4 isn't off the table imo. You'll see him in the top ten rankings currently but not "A GUY" Yet. 5/9/22

3) DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas
https://youtu.be/ZNpSn9AgP-c
I just wasn't sure why he made the decision to come back to Texas. The one thing that I know is that the guy is an athletic freak that's put on weight. Lookout for this riser next spring! Currently my #4 LB in the 2023 class.

Meyer is from Northern Kentucky, not Lexington, but he'd be a hell of a pick. Just not sure that he'd last to the end of the first round.

He went to my high school in Covington, which is the city directly across from Cinci.

It's hard to tell what our needs will be for next season, but it will be hard to pass on a center in the 2nd for a running back if we don't improve the spot in free agency and a quality center is there when we have Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 03:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Meyer is from Northern Kentucky, not Lexington, but he'd be a hell of a pick. Just not sure that he'd last to the end of the first round.

He went to my high school in Covington, which is the city directly across from Cinci.

It's hard to tell what our needs will be for next season, but it will be hard to pass on a center in the 2nd for a running back if we don't improve the spot in free agency and a quality center is there when we have Mixon.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't buy a house on the right side of the river (KY) when he's drafted by the hometown team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 10:18 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'll be disappointed if he doesn't buy a house on the right side of the river (KY) when he's drafted by the hometown team.

You know he will! He's too humble not to. He loves the area and everyone around.

He's a small town kid with a small town mentality.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 12:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You know he will! He's too humble not to. He loves the area and everyone around.

He's a small town kid with a small town mentality.

Is Independence even classified as small town? I mean, world wide, yes, but regionally man.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 02:37 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Is Independence even classified as small town? I mean, world wide, yes, but regionally man.

Not necessarily in population but that's just because it's so big and spread out. The population density isn't even 1,000 people per square mile, as opposed to 3,300 per square mile in Covington, where he went to high school (for people that don't know the area).

Most people from Northern Kentucky usually have the small town mentality, especially Michael.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 05:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not necessarily in population but that's just because it's so big and spread out. The population density isn't even 1,000 people per square mile, as opposed to 3,300 per square mile in Covington, where he went to high school (for people that don't know the area).

Most people from Northern Kentucky usually have the small town mentality, especially Michael.  

I suppose you're right. I grew up here but wanted to leave. Met my wife and now I can't leave lol
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 09:30 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I suppose you're right. I grew up here but wanted to leave. Met my wife and now I can't leave lol

So many people complain about the area but not many people leave or they always come back lol
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 12:19 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So many people complain about the area but not many people leave or they always come back lol

Ha, well, if in about 12 years, you hear about a giant 6' 6" kid playing football at Scott or SK (assuming i don't move to another district by then), you know who to reach out to for a future autograph Brad lol
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 03:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Meyer is from Northern Kentucky, not Lexington, but he'd be a hell of a pick. Just not sure that he'd last to the end of the first round.

...what?

The Bengals have their starting C for the next 3 seasons - Karras.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: ...what?

Yup, about the only way I see this changing is if they need him sliding to guard because the other candidates sucked big time (Carman, Volson, etc).
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 01:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yup, about the only way I see this changing is if they need him sliding to guard because the other candidates sucked big time (Carman, Volson, etc).

Or instead of shifting Karras if Carman and Volson don't pan out by season's end, the Bengals could just...get a new guard.
They can get one in FA or the draft.

You also shouldn't plan for any OL to be a quality starter right from the get-go except maybe if he's a 1st round talent.

That's why I've said so many times the Bengals need to add another veteran OL just in case Carman and Volson aren't ready to live up to the task yet.

Williams-vet-Karras-Cappa-Collins would be an above average OL.

Carman or Volson could also be good this year, but with no history proving that yet, do you want to gamble on it?
I'm ok waiting to see how TC is going, but if neither looks great toward the end of preseason, Bengals need to find someone to add with some proven success.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or instead of shifting Karras if Carman and Volson don't pan out by season's end, the Bengals could just...get a new guard.
They can get one in FA or the draft.

You also shouldn't plan for any OL to be a quality starter right from the get-go except maybe if he's a 1st round talent.

That's why I've said so many times the Bengals need to add another veteran OL just in case Carman and Volson aren't ready to live up to the task yet.

Williams-vet-Karras-Cappa-Collins would be an above average OL.

Carman or Volson could also be good this year, but with no history proving that yet, do you want to gamble on it?
I'm ok waiting to see how TC is going, but if neither looks great toward the end of preseason, Bengals need to find someone to add with some proven success.

For sure, my thinking with sliding Karras is that he received a lot of praise for his OL flexibility and guard playing in NE. He's a nice luxury piece for the Bengals in that he gives the OL options.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: ...what?

I think Karras is better at guard if we can get a better center because I think he'll have troubles moving the big nose tackles when they line up overtop of him in the division, and more teams are running a 3-4, so I definitely like him better at guard.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 02:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure, my thinking with sliding Karras is that he received a lot of praise for his OL flexibility and guard playing in NE. He's a nice luxury piece for the Bengals in that he gives the OL options.

I'd only consider sliding him during the season due to injuries.
I would only consider pivoting him to guard if a clear-cut BPA C was available when Bengals picked in next year's draft that is head-and-shoulders above any OG still remaining.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 02:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think Karras is better at guard if we can get a better center because I think he'll have troubles moving the big nose tackles when they line up overtop of him in the division, and more teams are running a 3-4, so I definitely like him better at guard.

We'll find out this year.
If he does in fact have that problem, sure let's find a new C and shift him to OG.
However, don't be so sure that there will be a C in the draft (especially one who has both the necessary athleticism and power) that can handle NTs immediately.
There really wasn't a C in this past draft class that was a surefire pick to accomplish what you want.
Linderbaum and Jurgens are highly athletic, but both struggled with moving off the LOS. Linderbaum had very short arms too.

If the plan is to address C via the draft next year that can come in and have good athleticism, good power, and play well from Day 1, be prepared to use a 1st round pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote