Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early AFC championship game game plan
Cover Kelce!
Even if Mahomes looks like he’s going to run continue to stay with him no matter what. Don’t know if Flowers will be able to play but if not CTB needs to glue himself to #87.
I have faith that Lou will have a good plan and they should be able to get some points vs KC.
Reply/Quote
Mahomes taped his ankle and took a nerve block and finished the game. I'm willing to bet he's on crutches today. Evwn if he plays, Hendrickson and Ossai will have him for breakfast
Reply/Quote
Hopefully flowers is available
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Cover Kelce!
Even if Mahomes looks like he’s going to run continue to stay with him no matter what.  Don’t know if Flowers will be able to play but if not CTB needs to glue himself to #87.
I have faith that Lou will have a good plan and they should be able to get some points vs KC.

i think Tony Romo's analysis of Mahomes high-ankle sprain was quite insightful. He noted that he had one and was able to play that particular game, but couldn't play the next week. He expects Mahomes to play against the Bengals, but he could also be on crutches mid-week. In other words, in the heat of a game where one is injured, one can continue that game, but the high-ankle sprain will show up big-time the next week and Mahomes will not have the same mobility come Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: i think Tony Romo's analysis of Mahomes high-ankle sprain was quite insightful. He noted that he had one and was able to play that particular game, but couldn't play the next week. He expects Mahomes to play against the Bengals, but he could also be on crutches mid-week. In other words, in the heat of a game where one is injured, one can continue that game, but the high-ankle sprain will show up big-time the next week and Mahomes will not have the same mobility come Sunday. 

I played baseball from t-ball into college and double A. I have bad ankles, you can roll em, or have em rolled on. And you’re fine for the rest of that game, or for some hours after, it hurts, but you can play through, but once the adrenaline wears off, and you take the shoe and tape off it starts swelling really bad, becomes even more tender and harder to put weight on. While he is right, he probably plays, he is gonna be severely limited
Reply/Quote
I bet his ankle.is all kinds of black and purple today
Reply/Quote
A non-scrambleing Mahomes is not as scary. He may be limited to his 1st or 2nd reads.

I agree blanket the hell out of Kelci and force Mahomes elsewhere and hope the pressure gets home.

But I'll never put it past Mahomes to put out an amazing performance he really is an insane talent.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Trying to find a cheap flight out to KC, if you’re a bengal you should be giving up your first born for a ticket for this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I bet his ankle.is all kinds of black and purple today

He’s lucky he didn’t break anything. It was a nasty fall
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Their back up Chad Henny did just fine. He is no Mahomes of course.

That said, Pacheco and Kelce would make Brandon Allen look good.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I played baseball from t-ball into college and double A. I have bad ankles, you can roll em, or have em rolled on. And you’re fine for the rest of that game, or for some hours after, it hurts, but you can play through, but once the adrenaline wears off, and you take the shoe and tape off it starts swelling really bad, becomes even more tender and harder to put weight on. While he is right, he probably plays, he is gonna be severely limited

He’s young, an incredibly high end highly valued and needed Athlete with an entire franchise behind him and about to play in a Championship game…..

He will get the best and most appropriate meds to quell inflammation, facilitate and expedite recovery and assist w any pain.

I don’t see him playing any differently. He will still be a problem. Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:45 PM)Whacked Wrote: He’s young, an incredibly high end highly valued and needed Athlete with an entire franchise behind him and about to play in a Championship game…..

He will get the best and most appropriate meds to quell inflammation, facilitate and expedite recovery and assist w any pain.

Rewatch the divisional game then - Mahomes was getting the ball out quick. Definitely wasn't extending plays. 

Bengals will need to get pressure and force 3rd and longs.. I'm not so sure Mahomes will be able to make magic happen with a high ankle sprain.
Reply/Quote
Front 4 has to pressure him.

If hes running around hes losing. no way he finishes that game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Devour Mahomes and continue to blanket their receivers. Also keep up the good Oline play and let the offense strut their stuff.
Reply/Quote
Decent chance that Chad Henne is the starter, and if not the starter, he will likely come in at some point.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Win.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:45 PM)Whacked Wrote: He’s young, an incredibly high end highly valued and needed Athlete with an entire franchise behind him and about to play in a Championship game…..

I don't care how high end an athlete he is, everyone in the NFL is a high end athlete, and a high ankle.sprain usually takes them out 6.weeks
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:00 PM)Destro Wrote: Win.

Not a better chance to do just that.  A team we've had success against in the previous calender year and their QB is hobbled. 

You just have to take advantage.  

Honestly the pressure isn't on KC now it's on the Bengals we will be the favorites.  Gotta keep that chip on their shoulder and go out and get back to the SB
Reply/Quote
Rush like we did today and the balance will keep the Chiefs at home while the bengals make another Super Bowl
Reply/Quote