Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In regard to listening to what Bengals Officials/Coaches say Pre-Draft
(04-07-2021, 12:14 AM)Burma Wrote: Hang on... what if we've had it all wrong?  What if Hobson isn't just a mouth piece for the front office?  What if this "Hob-Son" doesn't even exist?  What a Mike Brown move this would be!  Why pay a reporter when he can use that Dartmouth education and just bang out a few articles while he's on the can?  He has been hiding in plain site all these years!  "HOB-Son".. "Head Of Bengals son".  Damn it!  We've all been played by a master.

You might be right. I've never seen a picture of the 2 of them in the same room. Hmm
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 02:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To make sure a team that wants Chase more or Sewell more or Pitts more isn't the team that trades with Atlanta and takes that player? Atlanta moved up to take Julio Jones. Houston gave up a 1st round pick for Tunsil, teams do trade up for more then just QBs. Especially if it is a premier position like LT.

I know there will be some (already others in this thread) who will say Jonah was the target and not Bush but if that is really true, Pitt spent a lot of draft capital to move up in front of us for no reason. 

It isn't like the front office is going to come out and say, we wanted Bush but we settled for Jonah... that's just a bad look all around.

I think the team is trying to keep hidden which of the big 3 names they are really after... might even be a name we don't expect at the top of their list.

Could be possible. Can't take anything seriously at this point. I think we are taking Sewell now after his Pro Day but we could 
very well think Pitts or Chase are too good and we like OT's like Slater, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Leatherwood just as much as Sewell.

Who knows.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 02:28 PM)Stewy Wrote: That's the point.  They're using lawyer language, saying a lot by saying nothing we don't already know and leaving key information out.  Is omission lying?  Is purposefully misleading, by not telling the whole truth lying?

Look I don't take it personally, but I also don't listen to them because I know they aren't going to give me any meaningful information by omission or deception.

Ok, I'm picking up what you're putting down now.
Reply/Quote
Where exactly are people getting the notion that Detroit traded in front of the Bengals in 2018? The 20th pick was theirs from the get go. The Bengals are the ones who traded back, in the Cordy Glenn deal, and parked themselves behind a team that needed OL help.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The bengals can’t smokescreen the blind. The NFL knows who they are picking before the bengals know who they are picking.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 01:35 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Where exactly are people getting the notion that Detroit traded in front of the Bengals in 2018? The 20th pick was theirs from the get go. The Bengals are the ones who traded back, in the Cordy Glenn deal, and parked themselves behind a team that needed OL help.

Lies and smokescreens...lol
Reply/Quote