Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Depth Chart Released (And My Overreactions)
(08-09-2016, 10:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Vigil

Wait a minute, how can he play long snapper when he is also in at  punter, place holder and place kicker for extra points and field goals?  I mean he's good, but can he do it all?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 02:12 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Wait a minute, how can he play long snapper when he is also in at  punter, place holder and place kicker for extra points and field goals?  I mean he's good, but can he do it all?

Hobson himself has described Nick Vigil as "ubiquitous" on Bengals.com... All of that is easy if you're Nick Vigil.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 11:56 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I forgot about Hopkins.

Was he the guy from Texas, an undrafted CFA, that was looking really solid on the Oline and then hurt his leg?  If that's the guy I was thinking of, I had forgotten about him too.  But that'd be sweet if he came back from injury and kept looking good.  You can never have enough quality Olinemen!!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 03:00 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Was he the guy from Texas, an undrafted CFA, that was looking really solid on the Oline and then hurt his leg?  If that's the guy I was thinking of, I had forgotten about him too.  But that'd be sweet if he came back from injury and kept looking good.  You can never have enough quality Olinemen!!

Yep.  He was supposedly looking really good as a power guard pre-injury.  I was wondering if they might try him out at backup center but it looks as though that's the Westerman/TJ Johnson show for the time being.

Backup longsnapper is actually Nick Gangwish =P

...His Royal Eminence Nick Vigil cannot be bothered with such trivial pursuits as snapping balls.  He would run the risk of launching it into the upper stratosphere.

Reply/Quote
Well in that case I'm glad Hopkins is on the depth chart for the time being. Would be awesome if he picks up where he left off when he got hurt!
Reply/Quote