Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Early Game Plan For Chiefs
(01-26-2022, 11:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In concussion protocol.

That sounds good for us. 

(01-26-2022, 11:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: These statements contradict each other.

Joe Mixon had 6 carries for 5 yards in the first half of the Titans game.... yet you want to establish Mixon, while worrying Taylor won't do what's working to win.

So do you want what's working to win (have Burrow throw it) or do you want to try to establish Mixon? Because you can't do both.

Exactly. If the running game isn't working, don't force it. I don't like seeing 2nd and 10 when we ran up the middle on 1st down for no gain. 

Be smart with the play calling, and  if needed pass first, run second.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'm confident a mixed attack will carve Kansas City up. I'm more concerned with our defense containing and defending against Mahome's running and passing. The O-line as well.

Although I do feel good about our last outing's performance against the Chiefs. This Bengals squad has an abundance of heart and skill, and ultimately I believe they are capable of getting the job done.
Reply/Quote
I suspect they will both have help on the right side AND use Boyd or Uzo as an outlet so Burrow has someplace to quick pass if needed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ideal game plan is pretty simple for me... move the chains and score touchdowns. Limit the time Mahomes is on the field can get you a win... won't be easy!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:37 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The first thing that needs to be addressed to me is getting prince and Adeniji out of the lineup plain and simple..I don't think I'm in the minority when I say I've seen enough from those guys..Carman was a 2nd round pick who has a ton of potential and fred Johnson has flashed at rt when giving an opportunity..

So the first thing that should be addressed is fixing the blocking because I don't want to see my qb on the ****** ground anymore this season..

Prince was the highest rated lineman in pass protection against the Titans, with a PFF grade over 80
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:08 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: Just keep Joeyb on his feet and we'll win this game. I trust our D more than KC's.

In fact, you could argue our D has been playing among the best these playoffs.

Completely ignored and absolutely true.

They were up to the task in a hostile environment at Tenn, and they are playing with a lot of confidence.  

They really only need 1-2 stops of KC per half to keep this game close, as Burrow and the boys should roll against this defense.  

Of note, Mahommes ran the ball more against Buffalo than he has in almost any game this year.  If guys are covered up, we will need our LBs to help contain Mahommes from running to move the chains as well.  No small task, but it will be a key to getting some stops.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Agree with everything except number 1.

I don't think you go overboard trying to establish Mixon when it's clear that we don't run the ball nearly as well as we throw it.  We cooked that defense last time by throwing the ball and they had no answers for it.

There are ways to take time off the clock without running the ball.  

The reality is that KC is loaded on offense and we are going to need some big plays on defense.  You can't expect to contain a QB like Mahomes with the weapons that he has for an entire game.  We'll need some turnovers to even out the playing field.

(01-24-2022, 06:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Burrow wasn't sacked 9 times the last time we played the Chiefs.  This is a completely different game and completely different defense.

I don't want to waste plays against a team like KC - you can't.  The running game has been bad recently and we can't afford to sacrifice early downs and end up in 3rd and long.

Give me some short screens, slants, jet sweeps.  We don't need to rest Burrow, the only shot we have is he has a huge game.

Have to agree with Hammerstripes here, have to open it up with KC with the passing game. But if the running game is working
don't abandon it either. Need to keep that D honest and off kilter so they cannot pin their ears back and go after Burrow. Take 
care of the ball and play aggressive on Defense and I think we win. Mahomes will get some but we need to make plays if he 
screws up. Just ask Hilton and Apple, they make those plays and get INTs and that game is not near as close.

I know, lots of things could of happened for the Chiefs to also win but I think it is a good point, need to take advantage of any
mistakes Mahomes might make like Hilton did to Tannehill on the tip INT. This changed the momentum back our way.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I was trying to remember what game Spain got knicked up and Carman came in. Was it the Chiefs game? Not suggesting we replace Spain but if Carman held up good we might need to replace Adeniji.

It was the Chiefs game that Spain got knicked up and Carman came in and played decent in his absence in our win.

This is another point I must add in my preference of Carman over Adeniji in this game.
Reply/Quote
It's probably a long shot, but I think they need to score more points than KC to win it.. Actually I'm convinced no matter what we're going to win.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote