Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Rankings 2021
It is early, senior bowl and National championship games to be played + the NFL combine, but I found their top 64 rankings interesting. They have 5 QB's in top 25 and a 6th at 40. They have 15 OL ranked int op 64, that is a lot. 8 are in round 1 right now and don't include some fan favs like ND LT and OSU Josh Myers.

On other end, only 2 CB's ranked in round 1 with none being top 10 pick, then they 8 in second round.

Edge rusher also seems like a weak class. They have PItts at #10 and Freiermuth from Penn State at 26, then 1 more in round 2. So, we may need to go after a vet TE in free agency versus the draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings

I know others follow other sites so let's start comparing notes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is early, senior bowl and National championship games to be played + the NFL combine, but I found their top 64 rankings interesting. They have 5 QB's in top 25 and a 6th at 40. They have 15 OL ranked int op 64, that is a lot. 8 are in round 1 right now and don't include some fan favs like ND LT and OSU Josh Myers.

On other end, only 2 CB's ranked in round 1 with none being top 10 pick, then they 8 in second round.

Edge rusher also seems like a weak class. YE has PItts at #10 and Freiermuth from Penn State at 26, then 1 more in round 2. So, we may need to go after a vet TE in free agency versus the draft.

I know others follow other sites so let;s start comparing notes.

Parson's sitting at 4th overall.. would love to get the consensus best LB in this draft
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Parson's sitting at 4th overall.. would love to get the consensus best LB in this draft

I see some great choices for us and he is one possibility.

I think it goes like this:

Lawrence
Fields

Then so many ways to go next 6 picks

Sewell
Parsons
Chase or Smith

So if we stay put, I am happy with any of the top 6 above

If we trade back
 Pitts
Rousseau
Farley or Surtain
Paye

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is early, senior bowl and National championship games to be played + the NFL combine, but I found their top 64 rankings interesting. They have 5 QB's in top 25 and a 6th at 40. They have 15 OL ranked int op 64, that is a lot. 8 are in round 1 right now and don't include some fan favs like ND LT and OSU Josh Myers.

Edge rusher also seems like a weak class. YE has PItts at #10 and Freiermuth from Penn State at 26, then 1 more in round 2. So, we may need to go after a vet TE in free agency versus the draft.

I know others follow other sites so let;s start comparing notes.

I will predict Rondale Moore goes to the Pats and becomes the next great slot WR for them.  I further predict that Piggy is pissed when they draft Trask, who should be there around then.  
Reply/Quote
A first three rounds of:

Chase-WR
Barmore- DT
Faalele- RT

with Thuney as a FA would be a very nice start....

I like the idea of the mammoth Faalele as a RT and not moving Jonah. We have Adeniji for depth at OT and Thuney makes the left side of the line very solid. FWIW, there are a number of guards I would be strongly considering at the top of Rd 4 unless a stud pass rusher like Rumph should fall to there.

I actually really like what we have with Hubbard, Lawson, and Kareem right now, but add one more outside speed rusher, keep Margus as a rotational DT, get Reader back, and have a beast like Barmore and the days of 400 yards rushing by the opposition are a thing of the past
Reply/Quote
Assuming we go Oline in FA and Sewell is gone this would be my first three picks
Parson LB Penn
Barmore DT Bama
Wallace WR Okla State

PS: on a draft simulator I would take Giants offer .. give up 5/132 for 19/42 and their 1st round pick next year
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A first three rounds of:

Chase-WR
Barmore- DT
Faalele- RT

with Thuney as a FA would be a very nice start....

I like the idea of the mammoth Faalele as a RT and not moving Jonah.  We have Adeniji for depth at OT and Thuney makes the left side of the line very solid.  FWIW, there are a number of guards I would be strongly considering at the top of Rd 4 unless a stud pass rusher like Rumph should fall to there.  

I actually really like what we have with Hubbard, Lawson, and Kareem right now, but add one more outside speed rusher, keep Margus as a rotational DT, get Reader back, and have a beast like Barmore and the days of 400 yards rushing by the opposition are a thing of the past
Who does Faalele play for and what do you love about him?

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Assuming we go Oline in FA and Sewell is gone this would be my first three picks
Parson LB Penn
Barmore DT Bama
Wallace WR Okla State

PS: on a draft simulator I would take Giants offer .. give up 5/132 for 19/42 and their 1st round pick next year

The draft trade suggested gets us to move from 5 to 19, add a second round this year and a 1st round in 2022?

What player were Giants targeting in the simulator at number 5?

I think it depends who is there at #5 pick, if Sewell is there or Parsons, may be hard tp trade back. But of not, seems like a great trade for us

Reply/Quote
It looks like round 2 is where a lot of corners will be picked. There’s a couple corners at the top of 2 that are pretty good players tge bengals could pick from.

Asante Samuel jr.
derion kendricks
Tyson Campbell

I’d like Asante Samuel or Tyson Campbell as derion is still transitioning to cb.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The draft trade suggested gets us to move from 5 to 19, add a second round this year and a 1st round in 2022?

What player were Giants targeting in the simulator at number 5?

I think it depends who is there at #5 pick, if Sewell is there or Parsons, may be hard tp trade back. But of not, seems like a great trade for us

I could not get to accept trade lol but I thought it was a good one, I believe Sewell was gone though
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who does Faalele play for and what do you love about him?

Faalele played for Minnesota and is one huge dude.  I mean mammoth.  6'8" 400 pounds.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who does Faalele play for and what do you love about him?

He plays for Minnesota.  He sat out this year, but last year I watched him play a lot and he stood out in some hilarious ways.  

First of all, he is enormous.  He stands just under 6'9" and weighs 400 lbs.  His arms look like telephone poles.  Second, he is surprisingly agile for a mammoth of a man.  He played rugby, which reminded me a little bit of some of the film of Haloti Ngata playing rugby that emerged during his NFL career that was pretty hilarious.  

Watching him play, I imagined a speed rusher would fly around him and get to the QB, but time and time again he would just punch with one arm and send the defender flying and put him on the ground.  When he walled off his edge, it was a true wall.  He is also quite a finisher.  Loves to pancake guys.

So why isn't he going in the top 5?  He is very raw.  Speed rushers have given him some problems (only a few) with good hand fighting and counter moves.  He has only played two seasons of college ball.  It is really too bad he sat out this season, but I could see him being available in Rd 3 for all those reasons.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Assuming we go Oline in FA and Sewell is gone this would be my first three picks
Parson LB Penn
Barmore DT Bama
Wallace WR Okla State

No freaking way i'm taking a deal that causes me to fall all the way to 19--from freaking 5--just to get an extra 2nd and a 1st the next year. Especially when i also have to give up a 4th as well.

Might as well just go ahead and start handing out draft positions for vegetables. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No freaking way i'm taking a deal that causes me to fall all the way to 19--from freaking 5--just to get an extra 2nd and a 1st the next year. Especially when i also have to give up a 4th as well.

Might as well just go ahead and start handing out draft positions for vegetables. 

I disagree #5 is a pretty fluid pick, alot of debate to trade back and we need more picks with so many holes. I see some good lineman sitting still at 19th plus a extra pick out of top 64 players plus a extra #1 next year fills more holes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree #5 is a pretty fluid pick, alot of debate to trade back and we need more picks with so many holes. I see some good lineman sitting still at 19th plus a extra pick out of top 64 players plus a extra #1 next year fills more holes. 

Giants pick 11th. That makes a big difference. 

give up 5/132 (5th rd)
get 11/42 plus 1st rd in '22

That looks way more appealing. That would put Pitts in play at a much better pick than #5.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote